Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

I'm back. I need the support that you all provide. Once again life is throwing out the haymakers and flattening me in the process. The last month has been intense. The woman that I was dating for months  broke up with me out of nowhere. It completely blindsided me. I had thought things were going well and then out of the blue I get knocked down with this. Multiple promising job opportunities fell through and I'm just so frustrated. I don't know how to react anymore. I feel so much the impostor. Everything that I think that I am I am clearly not. Everything that I touch seems doomed to fail. I can't get a steady job. I apparently can't hold on to a meaningful relationship. The frustration is mounting and all I can think is maybe I should just stop caring. I can't be bothered or hurt if I don't invest emotionally. I know that that is a poor attitude, but 'm just so overwhelmed by the frustration and hurt that I jump to that conclusion. I know I'm a burden with my constant problems. I thank the shard for hearing me when others might not necessarily!

Edited by Nathrangking

38 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm back. I need the support that you all provide. Once again life is throwing out the haymakers and flattening me in the process. The last month has been intense. The woman that I was dating for months  broke up with me out of nowhere. It completely blindsided me. I had thought things were going well and then out of the blue I get knocked down with this. Multiple promising job opportunities fell through and I'm just so frustrated. I don't know how to react anymore. I feel so much the impostor. Everything that I think that I am I am clearly not. Everything that I touch seems doomed to fail. I can't get a steady job. I apparently can't hold on to a meaningful relationship. The frustrating is mounting and all I can think is maybe I should just stop caring. I can't be bothered or hurt if I don't invest emotionally. I know that that is a poor attitude, but 'm just so overwhelmed by the frustration and hurt that I jump to that conclusion. I know I'm a burden with my constant problems. I thank the shard for hearing me when others might not necessarily!

First of all, you are not a burden, no matter how it feels to you. Everyone has their times when they need the support of others and if they say they don't, they lie. It really reads like you are having a rough time. Being dumped is pretty bad in itself and even on it's own really has the power to make you doubt everything you felt was right and true. Sadly, I have no advise for that, everybody has their own way to deal with that. Some just go out and party to take their mind off things (really great in a pandamic btw.) others bury themselves in work and others still need to sit around, listen to some sad music and feel bad. I always was the third type and even though it seems to be the worst way to deal with it, it was the right way for me. It always got better eventually and somehow always got me to more appreciate the little things. I still remember vividly a morning when I way about 17ys, it was winter and had just rained, resulting in about a cm (maybe half an inch) of ice covering everything. I sat behind the balcony window, pitying everybody who needed to go outside and just sitting in a warm ray of sun. Really feeling its soft warmth. Just knowing, that everything was going to be alright. 

It is hard for you right now. It will get better. Just remember that you are not alone. Doesn't matter that it doesn't feel that way now. You are not alone and as long as you come here, we'll listen to you and we're always good for a free hug! *hug* ^_^ 

8 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm back. I need the support that you all provide. Once again life is throwing out the haymakers and flattening me in the process. The last month has been intense. The woman that I was dating for months  broke up with me out of nowhere. It completely blindsided me. I had thought things were going well and then out of the blue I get knocked down with this. Multiple promising job opportunities fell through and I'm just so frustrated. I don't know how to react anymore. I feel so much the impostor. Everything that I think that I am I am clearly not. Everything that I touch seems doomed to fail. I can't get a steady job. I apparently can't hold on to a meaningful relationship. The frustration is mounting and all I can think is maybe I should just stop caring. I can't be bothered or hurt if I don't invest emotionally. I know that that is a poor attitude, but 'm just so overwhelmed by the frustration and hurt that I jump to that conclusion. I know I'm a burden with my constant problems. I thank the shard for hearing me when others might not necessarily!

You're amazing Nath. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here.

8 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm back. I need the support that you all provide. Once again life is throwing out the haymakers and flattening me in the process. The last month has been intense. The woman that I was dating for months  broke up with me out of nowhere. It completely blindsided me. I had thought things were going well and then out of the blue I get knocked down with this. Multiple promising job opportunities fell through and I'm just so frustrated. I don't know how to react anymore. I feel so much the impostor. Everything that I think that I am I am clearly not. Everything that I touch seems doomed to fail. I can't get a steady job. I apparently can't hold on to a meaningful relationship. The frustration is mounting and all I can think is maybe I should just stop caring. I can't be bothered or hurt if I don't invest emotionally. I know that that is a poor attitude, but I'm just so overwhelmed by the frustration and hurt that I jump to that conclusion. I know I'm a burden with my constant problems. I thank the shard for hearing me when others might not necessarily!

*hugsss*

Nath, you're one of my favorite people on the Shard, you're incredible. If you need anything, feel free to reach out. You're not a burden, it's okay to not be okay, and when you're not okay, it's good to ask for help or talk about it.

We love you and we're here for you.

11 hours ago, Marukka said:

First of all, you are not a burden, no matter how it feels to you. Everyone has their times when they need the support of others and if they say they don't, they lie. It really reads like you are having a rough time. Being dumped is pretty bad in itself and even on it's own really has the power to make you doubt everything you felt was right and true. Sadly, I have no advise for that, everybody has their own way to deal with that. Some just go out and party to take their mind off things (really great in a pandamic btw.) others bury themselves in work and others still need to sit around, listen to some sad music and feel bad. I always was the third type and even though it seems to be the worst way to deal with it, it was the right way for me. It always got better eventually and somehow always got me to more appreciate the little things. I still remember vividly a morning when I way about 17ys, it was winter and had just rained, resulting in about a cm (maybe half an inch) of ice covering everything. I sat behind the balcony window, pitying everybody who needed to go outside and just sitting in a warm ray of sun. Really feeling its soft warmth. Just knowing, that everything was going to be alright. 

It is hard for you right now. It will get better. Just remember that you are not alone. Doesn't matter that it doesn't feel that way now. You are not alone and as long as you come here, we'll listen to you and we're always good for a free hug! *hug* ^_^ 

6 hours ago, Robin Hatter said:

I'm sorry, that sounds terrible *hugs* You aren't a burden, Nath. You need a little support when you're going through a bad time; so what? We all do. Remember the good times, and try to believe that it will get better.

3 hours ago, Experience said:

You're amazing Nath. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here.

3 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

*hugsss*

Nath, you're one of my favorite people on the Shard, you're incredible. If you need anything, feel free to reach out. You're not a burden, it's okay to not be okay, and when you're not okay, it's good to ask for help or talk about it.

We love you and we're here for you.

First, how in the almighty's tenth name do I deserve any of you?!?! I rant and I rant and your understanding seems without limit. Blessings without limit should spill upon you commensurate with your patience.

Second, I don't know either of you very well, but @Marukka and @Robin Hatter your words mean more than you know. When I get into my own head things get rougher than they actually are. I sometimes need to get pulled out of it.

Thirdly, @Experience and @DramaQueen you two I do know somewhat well. I'm blushing you two! Careful you two I may just take you on your offers!

Thanks Experience!! I mean it!!

Queen you never fail to leave me speechless!! Whether it's your knowledge of musicals or this masterpiece you punch far higher than any might think capable! I don't know how to follow your post. Just thank you!

Hey, @Nathrangking, you're aboslutely amazing, okay? You're one of the kindest Sharders I have ever met and just an awesome person in general. You are not a burden to anyone, no I think the Shard and the world is genuinely a better place for you being in it. You are always very nice and fun to talk to and your poems are gems. You are very understanding and you never tell anyone "what you saying is wrong and what I am saying is right." I don't know people like you IRL and I sure hope that someday I get to meet people who are like you. I can't give you advice or understand your problems becuacse I am 15 and yet have to go through anything like that. I can't understand what you must be going through, but if you need just a shoulder to lean on, I am always here :)

Things will get better. You will heal. Time heals all hurts and mends all broken things.

It's hard to turn the page when you know someone won't be in the next chapter. 

But the story must go on

- Thomas Wilder

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. 

-Marilyn Monroe

I healed. Not completely. A scar is never the same as good flesh, but it stops the bleeding 

-Robin Hobb, Assassins' Quest

On 1/14/2022 at 6:23 AM, Elf said:

Hey, @Nathrangking, you're aboslutely amazing, okay? You're one of the kindest Sharders I have ever met and just an awesome person in general. You are not a burden to anyone, no I think the Shard and the world is genuinely a better place for you being in it. You are always very nice and fun to talk to and your poems are gems. You are very understanding and you never tell anyone "what you saying is wrong and what I am saying is right." I don't know people like you IRL and I sure hope that someday I get to meet people who are like you. I can't give you advice or understand your problems becuacse I am 15 and yet have to go through anything like that. I can't understand what you must be going through, but if you need just a shoulder to lean on, I am always here :)

Things will get better. You will heal. Time heals all hurts and mends all broken things.

Elf Elf Elf. I may not know you well, but I can confidently say that you are the amazing one. You sell yourself short. Don't ! I wish that at 15 I was half as eloquent or wise as you are now! Keep being awesome! 

• 3 weeks later...

My mother left seven months ago, for reasons that I'm not comfortable talking about. I don't blame her; I'd have done the same in her situation. When I tried to wish her a happy new year, my father quite literally wrenched the phone out of my hands. I'm having a bad time in general, but I don't want to talk about the other reasons. Could I have hugs please?

*gives lots of hugs and giant kitkats* @Robin Hatter, you are an awesome person. whenever i see something you've posted it always makes my day a little better. when you first joined the shard, i was in a mood where i was annoyed by nice, positive people, and it should be taken as a compliment that i immediately found you kind of annoying (don't worry, i was soon out of that mood and remembered that nice people are a good thing and realized how delightful you are^_^). i'm so sorry that's happening to you, it sounds really hard, but remember that you always have us, and that the world is a better place because of you. you're amazing! and remember, Don't Panic. :D <3 <3 <3

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

On 2/1/2022 at 8:32 PM, Robin Hatter said:

My mother left seven months ago, for reasons that I'm not comfortable talking about. I don't blame her; I'd have done the same in her situation. When I tried to wish her a happy new year, my father quite literally wrenched the phone out of my hands. I'm having a bad time in general, but I don't want to talk about the other reasons. Could I have hugs please?

*HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS 

*lots of hugs. 

You are an amazing person @Robin Hatter and I'm totally not jealous of the fact that I have been here for nearly a year now, while you've been here for about 3 months but are already way more popular than me :P 

See, totally not jealous. :D 

You are such an amazing person, and it's always such a pleasure to talk to you. And you are so popular becuase you are kind of the person who everyone wants to be around. You are going to do great in life.

There's this thing my friend likes to tell me- the amount of sadness you feel right now, you're going to get hat amount of happiness in your future. 

Stay strong ok? Fight on. For Kaladin, :D

Edit:whoops, sorry for the double notifications. I quoted you and mentioned you.

Edited by Elf

4 hours ago, Robin Hatter said:

*hugs you tight* I'm very sorry you're dealing with that, that's absolutely not fun. I hope you feel safe. Whatever's going on, I promise you life does get better, but it's completely valid if you're upset with it for now. *more hugs, cookies, and virtual hearts* ^_^ <3 

20 hours ago, Robin Hatter said:

*Hugs.* 

On 1.2.2022 at 4:02 PM, Robin Hatter said:

*HUG*

That sounds hard and I really don't know to what to say than that it will get better. It always does, but it also always does so in its own time. So... hugs, lots of 'em. *HUG*

Other than that... Don't know if it helps, but whan you arrived here, I'd have guessed you to be about 24 ys. You seem to have the ability to see things from very different points of view and to be very empathetic. That's a rare thing in most grown ups and I never met anyone your age with these qualities. It makes you an amazing person but it also leaves you vunerable in other ways. Don't ever forget that you are a great person and that you can always come here to vent and have someone sypathetic to listen. 

Again... *HUGHUGHUG*

Edited by Marukka
Spelling is fun!

On 2/1/2022 at 7:02 AM, Robin Hatter said:

*hugs* I’m so sorry! I just want you to know I’m here for you if you want to talk or anything :)

My siblings caught something (it could be my cold, but we have completely different symptoms) and they spent most of yesterday sleeping and throwing up. They're much better today, thank Harmony. I haven't gotten over my own cold yet, and I blew my nose so much that it is literally bleeding.

And where is my dear father during all this? Why, he's off on a week-long "business trip". It's a good thing my siblings are, on the whole, good kids (my brother can be a handful sometimes, but it could be worse.)

And I had to unblock the toilet today :angry:

Dang. 

Just now, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

It's Valentines Day, and I went through a very bad breakup about a month ago. I am not having a good day. I had a test in chemistry, and nothing but work in french class.

Why does this blasted holiday exist.

hugs hugs HUGS.