Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Spoiler for minor gore/violence:

Reveal hidden contents

Yesterday I was trying to brush my dog, and he jerked away and somehow managed to accidentally headbut me at an angle so that my upper canine pierced my upper lip. You can see a mark on the outside of my lip where it almost broke through the surface, I got really lucky it didn’t break all the way through. I now can’t talk or make any expressions for several days because every time I do it reopens the wound and it starts bleeding again, and I’m genuinely worried that if I’m not careful the hole will rip all the way open.

*Hugs.* Get better soon Luna!

59 minutes ago, AonEne said:

*hugs Luna* Crem, that's no good - have you seen a doctor? 

I did some research and it doesn’t seem severe enough to warrant a doctor’s visit, luckily- apparently upper lip wounds heal ridiculously fast and never need sutures.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Kasimir said:

I'm tired. Feels like the road will never end even though I don't have the energy to keep at it. 

I just want to fix whatever's wrong with me. 

If that ain't a mood...

Sorry, bro. Wish there was some sort of cosmic caffeine for situations like this, but best I got right now is a virtual hug (or back slap, if you'd rather). Hope things get better soon!

12 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm tired. Feels like the road will never end even though I don't have the energy to keep at it. 

I just want to fix whatever's wrong with me. 

Same as Slowswift and Fritz. Can't offer anything other than a listening ear and internet hugs, but I'll offer those. *hugs if you want them*

sylheart.png

Edited by Mist

Watched an ASMR video last night that I thought would be silly and dumb but ended up being a ‘yikes!’ one that made me need a palette cleanser afterwards. Pretty much it was titled ‘Gluten Free Debbie Exorcises Gluten From Your Body’ and the character is a southern Christian woman that makes you go ‘why does she remind me of someone I’ve met’. I had seen another one with this character and she is a messed up one being homophobic (the viewer is her gay son) and has no problems with COD (it’s patriotic) but has a problem with guns and violence and being all ‘where does he learn this? It’s probably the schools fault’. Well in the video in question what prompts the exorcism is that she thinks her son wants a Barbie because the gluten is a demon wanting to corrupt him and bar him from heaven. What I left the video with was that exorcism is a torture device because this silly concept went scary fast after realizing what this mom character was.

Afterwards I cleansed myself with some puppy videos so I didn’t go to sleep with that on my mind.

16 hours ago, Mist said:

That's really rough. I'm sorry. *hugs*?

Yeah, I’ve seen ASMR’s where the character is rude but relaxing but this one just wasn’t relaxing, just infuriating since it’s the type of person I would instantly hate. Even worse since there wasn’t any warning about the situation at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Put a playlist on shuffle, three songs in a row that I needed to hear. Music can be pretty cathartic, who knew? Anyways, I'm sharing them here. Because who knows, maybe one of you needs to hear them too.

Spoiler

Edited by Slowswift
Grammar!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really bad but more of a “huh?! Seriously!” moment.

On the news this morning they were talking about a website that calculated the funness of each state. The woman presenting it was happy that Texas made #8 but upset that California, Florida and New York ranked higher. That’s not the part that made me go seriously. I found the one they mentioned and saw the sub-categories and the one that got me was the Variety of Entertainment, Arts and Recreation category. California was dead last while Maine was first. I mean Maine is nice but California isn’t exactly in short supply of theme parks, theaters (movie and theatre), recreation, zoos, surfing and anything else that would be under this umbrella. I even showed a coworker who’s more recreational than entertainment and even he thought it weird that California was in last place.

To make this lighter some of the categories were actually funny like ranking marinas and seeing New Mexico last (there’s no water so why is it counted), and for ski facilities Florida ranked higher than Kentucky! In the restaurant category you can dine happy in California, New York, Florida l, Texas and Illinois but starve in North Dakota!

I really want to know how these people got their numbers since they don’t make sense half the time.

10 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I mean we have lots of water skiing down here

that might be what it’s talking about

I think it was referring to winter sport skiing. Water skiing I think was part of the marina category. If it was including the water version I would think Florida would’ve ranked a lot higher then.

There are sentences that you never want to hear your parents say.  One of them is 'we need to have a talk.'

We have to take our dog back to the shelter.  She's got aggressive tendencies, and we've done everything we can, everything, and nothing has worked.  So for safety, she has to go.  There are people who can help with this, but not while she's in a big family.

I feel like I'm half an inch behind myself, and a little up and to the left.

18 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

There are sentences that you never want to hear your parents say.  One of them is 'we need to have a talk.'

We have to take our dog back to the shelter.  She's got aggressive tendencies, and we've done everything we can, everything, and nothing has worked.  So for safety, she has to go.  There are people who can help with this, but not while she's in a big family.

It’s a shame when you try everything you can think of and still can’t make it work. I can’t imagine getting a dog and having to come to the conclusion of taking it to a shelter.

Have you tried any of the techniques from It’s Me Or The Dog? Victoria Stilwell, the host/trainer, has done a few episodes where dogs had aggressive tendencies and showed the owners how to mitigate or get rid of them. Sometimes it required hours just for one part before she moved onto the nest step.

21 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

That's heartbreaking. Friends of mine had similar problems with a cat they adopted from a shelter. After a few month the little guy had gotten over his shyness and became real aressiv when playing. Nothing they tried worked and they also couldn't find a home for him that was more suitable. They also had to give him back to the shelter and were in tears because of it. It is really hard to make such a decision and they still worry if they didn't try enough. But in the end it was also the best for the animal. If it is out of control it needs help. And it is better to realize that you can't provide that help than to act as if nothing is wrong. 

Still, it's hard to let go of someone who has become a family member. *hug*

2 hours ago, Draginon said:

It’s a shame when you try everything you can think of and still can’t make it work. I can’t imagine getting a dog and having to come to the conclusion of taking it to a shelter.

Have you tried any of the techniques from It’s Me Or The Dog? Victoria Stilwell, the host/trainer, has done a few episodes where dogs had aggressive tendencies and showed the owners how to mitigate or get rid of them. Sometimes it required hours just for one part before she moved onto the nest step.

I think my parents did, but the trouble is, our family is big enough that there isn't enough time to focus on training, not with our age range.

Not me but my mother is having one. Yesterday she was called into a meeting at work and for this school year they are transferring her to the high school campus. Whenever someone gets transferred to a campus like that it usually means they are on the way out. Pretty much they’re telling her they want her gone without telling her that’s what they want.

When she had follow up questions, all involving me like if I’m being transferred or not, it was met with “good question, we’ll get back with you”. They also didn’t want her to tell me but she was livid with them.

If I get pulled into a meeting and they want me at a campus I’ll tell them that I’m not interested in being at the campuses full time and if they force me then this will be my notice to find a replacement.

I haven't even read past the thread title yet, but I'm glad this thread exists.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:30 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

I'm sorry.  I can't imagine what you're going through.  Typically, death is what takes our loved ones from us, and it sucks, but we accept there's nothing we can do about it.  But this... geez.  Hopefully enough hugs will get you back in place *hug*

Have you considered looking for a local who takes in aggressive dogs?  At least then you may have chances to visit.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Draginon said:

Not me but my mother is having one. Yesterday she was called into a meeting at work and for this school year they are transferring her to the high school campus. Whenever someone gets transferred to a campus like that it usually means they are on the way out. Pretty much they’re telling her they want her gone without telling her that’s what they want.

When she had follow up questions, all involving me like if I’m being transferred or not, it was met with “good question, we’ll get back with you”. They also didn’t want her to tell me but she was livid with them.

If I get pulled into a meeting and they want me at a campus I’ll tell them that I’m not interested in being at the campuses full time and if they force me then this will be my notice to find a replacement.

Oof.  My mom retired early this year from teaching elementary school because the district she worked for is basically dumping aaaaall of the additional work and stress of adapting to online teaching on the teachers.  And so my 58 year-old, mentally-unwell mother is going to try to work some low-wage job for the next year or two until she can draw on her retirement.  I hope things go smoother for you and your mom than I expect they'll go for me and mine *hug*

What that means for me is that she'll likely expect the children she abused until well after adulthood to take care of her if she can't find a job, and I guarantee my siblings aren't going to be any help.  I was preparing myself to burn a bridge or two this year, but now it just feels too cruel.  Blood complicates things, that's for sure <_< I'm good, there's nothing I can do about it now beyond what I know is right, but I needed to vent

I'm in agony. For two months I have had rather annoying nosebleeds. In recent weeks they have gotten worse. It has left me practically an invalid. Anything might be a trigger and so I was and am unable to do much. Cauterization did nothing to help. Meanwhile the less extreme solution worked too little to be truly effective. Today my doctor pulled the trigger on the nuclear option packing my nose. There is 95% that it works. If it does not then more severe measures have to be taken. Meanwhile the pain is debilitating. When it was put in even when anesthetic was used my eyes watered and I started to hyperventilate. Currently I'm miserable, but I just have to bear it.  This has been my rant. Thank you for listening!

22 hours ago, TheCruelSadist said:

Oof.  My mom retired early this year from teaching elementary school because the district she worked for is basically dumping aaaaall of the additional work and stress of adapting to online teaching on the teachers.  And so my 58 year-old, mentally-unwell mother is going to try to work some low-wage job for the next year or two until she can draw on her retirement.  I hope things go smoother for you and your mom than I expect they'll go for me and mine *hug*

What that means for me is that she'll likely expect the children she abused until well after adulthood to take care of her if she can't find a job, and I guarantee my siblings aren't going to be any help.  I was preparing myself to burn a bridge or two this year, but now it just feels too cruel.  Blood complicates things, that's for sure <_< I'm good, there's nothing I can do about it now beyond what I know is right, but I needed to vent

We’re both looking elsewhere for work. All I know is I don’t want to be in a warehouse, admin work at a school or be in the food industry. I don’t know about what she wants but she’s the type where if she has a week off and nowhere to go she gets cabin fever pretty fast so unemployment is not something she will look forward to. Mine is pretty much at retirement already, she just prefers working over relaxing.

Well there’s a saying for what you’re experiencing: The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb. People change it to blood is thicker than water and use it to explain why family is important but the saying is actually saying that the family you choose is more important than the family you grew up with. Also there’s always sending her to a senior living center.