Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

uhhggggh I had such a bad day today. So I got into this concert band that I was super pumped about being apart of, and my first rehearsal was today; but I swear I have never felt so unwelcome in my life! I was so disappointed because I woke up super early to get there on time and was really excited, but when I turned up, it was just sooo evident that I was not wanted. I don't think I've ever been filled with this much self-loathing but man was I naiive thinking that being part of this ensemble would somehow be a positive thing. Now, I'm so unmotivated, I can't even get myself to read my book (that I've really been enjoying). Basically I hate myself for every decision I've made this week and I want to cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life. 

3 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

uhhggggh I had such a bad day today. So I got into this concert band that I was super pumped about being apart of, and my first rehearsal was today; but I swear I have never felt so unwelcome in my life! I was so disappointed because I woke up super early to get there on time and was really excited, but when I turned up, it was just sooo evident that I was not wanted. I don't think I've ever been filled with this much self-loathing but man was I naiive thinking that being part of this ensemble would somehow be a positive thing. Now, I'm so unmotivated, I can't even get myself to read my book (that I've really been enjoying). Basically I hate myself for every decision I've made this week and I want to cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life. 

*Hugs.* 

10 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Here, have a hugbot.

18 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

*hugs* That's really tough. I'm sorry *hugs*

On 2/3/2021 at 1:16 AM, Lecky Twig said:

ahhh that's really sad hugs

• 1 month later...

Not bad enough to get my day bad but enough to get to me. The best analogy is the penny where by itself it’s worthless but you get enough of them together and you get a happy meal or something that has worth.

One of those was my mother’s micro aggressions and insults towards me. We were going to Jack in the Box since she wanted onion rings and the conversation turned to food advertisement and I mentioned there was one where it was very obvious the guy wasn’t actually given a burger because of the way he was holding it and the way he bit in was like biting air. She turned it around to criticize the way I hold my burgers. My way of holding it? Thumb on the bottom bun and fingers on top, which is the normal way to hold it. She treats it as me holding it upside down and my elbows sticking out even with my head.

This might seem like small potatoes but remember my analogy earlier, stuff like this gets to me more and more these days.

7 hours ago, Draginon said:

Not bad enough to get my day bad but enough to get to me. The best analogy is the penny where by itself it’s worthless but you get enough of them together and you get a happy meal or something that has worth.

One of those was my mother’s micro aggressions and insults towards me. We were going to Jack in the Box since she wanted onion rings and the conversation turned to food advertisement and I mentioned there was one where it was very obvious the guy wasn’t actually given a burger because of the way he was holding it and the way he bit in was like biting air. She turned it around to criticize the way I hold my burgers. My way of holding it? Thumb on the bottom bun and fingers on top, which is the normal way to hold it. She treats it as me holding it upside down and my elbows sticking out even with my head.

This might seem like small potatoes but remember my analogy earlier, stuff like this gets to me more and more these days.

*hugs* I'm sorry

2 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Flipped my car today. That was fun. Got over it.

*hugs*

• 1 month later...

I had to engage in a class-wide debate today, which... I don't like debates because I really don't like having opinions or whatever (not quite sure myself), but get this - the Internet is so bad that I could only hear every other word or so, so I could never be sure if I was actually speaking to the correct point.  And now I can't do the two assignments that have to be done in a couple hours or they'll be late.

16 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I feel like the older you get, the more you learn life is about learning to bear the unbearable, even when you don't want to :/ 

Seems most wise and accurate to me.

7 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I had to engage in a class-wide debate today, which... I don't like debates because I really don't like having opinions or whatever (not quite sure myself), but get this - the Internet is so bad that I could only hear every other word or so, so I could never be sure if I was actually speaking to the correct point.  And now I can't do the two assignments that have to be done in a couple hours or they'll be late.

I know that it hardly helps matters. but *Virtual hugs*

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler for minor gore/violence:

Spoiler

Yesterday I was trying to brush my dog, and he jerked away and somehow managed to accidentally headbut me at an angle so that my upper canine pierced my upper lip. You can see a mark on the outside of my lip where it almost broke through the surface, I got really lucky it didn’t break all the way through. I now can’t talk or make any expressions for several days because every time I do it reopens the wound and it starts bleeding again, and I’m genuinely worried that if I’m not careful the hole will rip all the way open.

Edited by Lunamor

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Hide contents

Yesterday I was trying to brush my dog, and he jerked away and somehow managed to accidentally headbut me at an angle so that my upper canine pierced my upper lip. You can see a mark on the outside of my lip where it almost broke through the surface, I got really lucky it didn’t break all the way through. I now can’t talk or make any expressions for several days because every time I do it reopens the wound and it starts bleeding again, and I’m genuinely worried that if I’m not careful the hole will rip all the way open.

oh no, that reallyyyyy sucks. I'm sorry for you
*all the hugs*

8 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Hide contents

*Hugssssssssss*