Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

This is way late, but I just discovered this thread so I figured I'd tell my tale of woe -_-

I just became a high schooler, finishing 8th grade during COVID. This is significant for 2 reasons:

1. At the end of the year, the entire grade has (or is supposed to have) a huge celebration/dance thing to commemorate the moving on to high school. I was looking forward to that :( 
  2. I paid $1,000 to my school- that I worked my butt of to get all last summer- to participate in the 8th grade San Francisco Science Tour (I live in Washington State) that promptly got cancelled. Wheeeeee.

The only consolation: I got a refund check in the mail for $660 and a plane ticket voucher, so I only lost $150 bucks in terms of literal money. all things considering, not too bad. :P And I've mostly recovered now, so that's good too :P 

15 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My misfortune strikes once again. H.R. quietly laid me off no warning or indication of what was coming just an email with the information of how to apply for unemployment and a message that I was being let go. I tend to take things in stride, but seriously my salary makes a difference to their poorly handled budget? It's ridiculous!! Now I have no job in an unforgiving and over-saturated work market. If I was even a little less poised and if the interest on my debts had not been paused I would be in horrific shape. When will it end. Since my college graduation it has been one thing to the next. The frustration that I usually keep a tight lid on is dangerously close to showing. It takes a great deal to get me, but this is a bit much. It just stacks and stacks. I pride myself on my control. Now that control is in danger. I rant and I rave, and yet you all listen. I am so grateful for all of you. I have few places to vent and this is by far the most effective one. Thank you all for being here and listening.

*Hugs* I'm so sorry. We're always happy to listen and support you. It's okay to not be perfect. It's okay to need to express your frustration. 

Edit: I realized this could be misconstrued. It's okay to be not perfect and complain. Being laid off is not your fault. 

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

This is way late, but I just discovered this thread so I figured I'd tell my tale of woe -_-

I just became a high schooler, finishing 8th grade during COVID. This is significant for 2 reasons:

1. At the end of the year, the entire grade has (or is supposed to have) a huge celebration/dance thing to commemorate the moving on to high school. I was looking forward to that :( 
  2. I paid $1,000 to my school- that I worked my butt of to get all last summer- to participate in the 8th grade San Francisco Science Tour (I live in Washington State) that promptly got cancelled. Wheeeeee.

The only consolation: I got a refund check in the mail for $660 and a plane ticket voucher, so I only lost $150 bucks in terms of literal money. all things considering, not too bad. :P And I've mostly recovered now, so that's good too :P 

*Retroactive hugs?* Did you have COVID? "Mostly recovered now"?

Edited by Mist

10 hours ago, Mist said:

Reveal hidden contents

*Retroactive hugs?* Did you have COVID? "Mostly recovered now"?

xD no I mean mentally, like I was pretty disappointed. No COVID, thankfully...

12 minutes ago, lilycooller said:

Some bad things happened recently: oral ulcers have been around for more than a week. Unable to speak and eat normally (because it hurts). I wanna to go out shopping on the weekend wearing my newly bought glasses, but it seems to be all gone.:(

*hugs* I'm sorry. I hope you find your glasses. I hope your mouth gets better. 

Also, welcome!

Edited by Mist

On 7/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, lilycooller said:

Some bad things happened recently: oral ulcers have been around for more than a week. Unable to speak and eat normally (because it hurts). I wanna to go out shopping on the weekend wearing my newly bought glasses, but it seems to be all gone.:(

Oh, that sucks!  I hope your feel better soon!

So, someone who I considered a friend has decided she has enough of me and has stopped talking to me the momento she has met other people to talk with, apparently I was good enough when she was alone but now that she has more options, I am just a bother to her. The sad part is that it has happened to me over and over again with mostly everyone I meet. 

Sorry to sound so whiny, but needed to vent it a little bit.

48 minutes ago, Idealistic said:

So, someone who I considered a friend has decided she has enough of me and has stopped talking to me the momento she has met other people to talk with, apparently I was good enough when she was alone but now that she has more options, I am just a bother to her. The sad part is that it has happened to me over and over again with mostly everyone I meet. 

*hugs* Everyone needs to vent sometimes. I'm sorry. That's tough. We're all here for you.

I never guessed that one of the hardest days of my move would come 9 months afterward.

I moved to Arizona at last October and that was really hard leaving all of my friends and nearby family for a new place, but I was coping pretty well for a while. Then covid hit and after just 4 months I no longer had contact with people which means my process of finding new friends was halted and I couldn't find new people to spend time with. I was really bored until these last few weeks when I've been up in Utah and Idaho visiting family and friends. It's been extremely fun but tomorrow is my last day in my old city. Along with saying goodbye to all my old friends once again, which never stops hurting, I found out that 2 of my closest friends in Arizona are moving away. That means I'll have even less to go back to than when I left (and since I left during self isolation, those were some of the few people I saw) and saying goodbye to old friends is even worse. These combined have made me feel really depressed all day.

3 hours ago, Idealistic said:

*Hugs.* We are here for you. Vent to your heart's content. We all need to at some point. If you need to vent more feel free to DM me.

22 minutes ago, Showman said:

I never guessed that one of the hardest days of my move would come 9 months afterward.

I moved to Arizona at last October and that was really hard leaving all of my friends and nearby family for a new place, but I was coping pretty well for a while. Then covid hit and after just 4 months I no longer had contact with people which means my process of finding new friends was halted and I couldn't find new people to spend time with. I was really bored until these last few weeks when I've been up in Utah and Idaho visiting family and friends. It's been extremely fun but tomorrow is my last day in my old city. Along with saying goodbye to all my old friends once again, which never stops hurting, I found out that 2 of my closest friends in Arizona are moving away. That means I'll have even less to go back to than when I left (and since I left during self isolation, those were some of the few people I saw) and saying goodbye to old friends is even worse. These combined have made me feel really depressed all day.

*hugs* I'm really sorry. Leaving friends is never fun. Isolation on top of that makes it even worse, and being lonely is never fun.

59 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

*Hugs.* We are here for you. Vent to your heart's content. We all need to at some point. If you need to vent more feel free to DM me.

Thanks, i am a little better now that i have blown some steam, i guess some people are just like that. But thank you for the offering it really mean everything to me right now.

1 hour ago, Showman said:

*Hugs* isolation it's a horrible thing, but if you ever need to talk, we are here.

The last three months have been a whirlwind not only globally and nationally but also personally. Me and my fiance of 2 years parted ways and it really tore me up. I would be driving and have to pull over to cry because a song on the radio reminded me of her. She loved my parents and brothers as well as my aunts, uncles, and grandparents, not to mention my pets. And they all loved/love her, I remember one day I had had a bad day at work and came home to a classy trenchcoat and hampster (initially named Eshonai but renamed to Nippers) She was there when my old one-eared cat passed away in the same week as my dog, She went to the animal shelter with me and we found a one-eyed cat she named Kaz, after a favorite character from a book. Our first date was to the Skyward release party, and she waited overnight with me at Barns and Nobles to be in the front of the line to get Starsight. I could go on for pages about the experiences we shared but I don't want this post to be a memoir. I intend it to be context for what I'm about to say.

There is a line from a book titled Death comes for the Arch Bishop, it goes 'I shall not die of a cold, my son. I shall die of having lived' that line resonates with me. In the grand scheme of things I haven't been around for that long but I have faced severe anxiety, a psychiatric disorder, and now my first love riding off into the sunset with another man. But even now I think to myself I shall not die of a cold I shall die of having lived and it fills me with hope for the future. Times are tough and life beats the crap out of you but when I die it's not going to be from a cold, or break up or from anxiety or from anything of that sort. When I die I will die from having lived. When my time comes I'm going to look back on my life and be grateful for the chance to have lived and grown even though it sometimes hurts. Right now I feel happy, hopeful, and mellowed and I want to share it with everyone. 

If you need a digital hug I'm here to give you one and say it's okay, I'm here to tell you there is hope and happiness waiting. I promise that even if it feels that way it won't kill you, please don't be afraid to live.

• 2 weeks later...

I do theatre at my high school, and we were going to have 2 amazing shows this year, but our fall show (in which I was a chinese man--don't ask why) was cancelled. We may be able to do it in June, but we really have no guarantee, and though theatre is the cause of a lot of my stress, it also relieves my stress. Being around other theatre people makes me feel like I belong, and they're all my best friends, but doing a show together is what brings us super close, and I don't want to wait until spring to do that! Please send hugs, I have shed tears on this many times.

8 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Just...life. I don’t know how to put it any other way.

*Hugs* If you need to vent feel free to DM me I'm  here to listen.

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I do theatre at my high school, and we were going to have 2 amazing shows this year, but our fall show (in which I was a chinese man--don't ask why) was cancelled. We may be able to do it in June, but we really have no guarantee, and though theatre is the cause of a lot of my stress, it also relieves my stress. Being around other theatre people makes me feel like I belong, and they're all my best friends, but doing a show together is what brings us super close, and I don't want to wait until spring to do that! Please send hugs, I have shed tears on this many times.

*Hugs* We can't replace that outlet. However, we are here for you. If you need to vent feel free to DM me I'm  here to listen.

10 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

*hugs*

1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

*hugs* I’m sorry, Jay. Things are certainly really weird right now, aren’t they? 

Life is in flux. It gives me so much stress to lose control over what I had control over before

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I'm sorry. *hugs* You are amazing. Even when life is being difficult, as is typical, you can do it. 

58 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

*mails hugbots to Jaywalk and DramaQueen*

Thanks, you guys. (and @Nathrangking) It’s appreciated.

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

All the hugs. We’re not all alone in what we’re dealing with, but the state of the world right now makes it feel like we are. Don’t be afraid to reach out to one of us if you need a pep talk, or even just to rant. We’re here for you.

Ugh, I have today my often mood, when I think that actually nobody likes me, nobody never liked me and nobody will never ever like me. :(

I mean, people don’t hate me. They tolerate me. But I’m not really sure how many of people’s in my life really liked me.  

The first person, with which I thought we were best friends actually invited me on her birthday like 2-3 times. Then my second friend actually used me and was literally saying that I’m worse than her in everything.

After that, pretty recently I realized that 2 of people, which I always called friends and really liked them since preschool, got better friends and I became the 3rd wheel. Like always. 

When I joined here, I realized that people are nice to meThat was a really big shook to me as no one never was nice to me, unless I was trying to be nice for him several times.

Well, even if I have a bad day, I still want to thank you guys for being such an awesome, great and incredible people. :wub: