Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

3 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Oh dear. I'm sorry, that must feel awful. :( 

Any chance you can explain that it was a technical problem and get another shot?

He gave very explicit instructions and a three hour buffer for this scenario. It's really my fault for not double checking everything before submitting. That's the funny thing. I submitted multiple pages. They just ended up being blank lol

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

He gave very explicit instructions and a three hour buffer for this scenario. It's really my fault for not double checking everything before submitting. That's the funny thing. I submitted multiple pages. They just ended up being blank lol

Aw man, that really bites. Hope the rest of the year goes better!

June SAT Subject tests are canceled. I didn't learn about it just now, but its ramifications finally dawned on me in their entirety. I planned on taking three this year, two in June and one in August. The two would basically be supplemental finals studying and the third could be studied for over the summer. 

Except now, if I want to take them, it'll be in August (hopefully). Already more of an issue because a lot of the information won't be as freshly drilled into my head by teachers. It'll require more independent studying during a summer that I was expecting to be pretty chill. Additionally, it'd mean I'd have to take three in one day unless I wanted to be studying for a subject test during what looks like it's going to be the most stressful year I've faced to date. Yay. So I'm probably going to end up scrapping the third one since it's the one I suspect I'd do the worst on and end up just doing two come August.

There are definitely bigger things I should be worrying about currently (and besides, these are subject tests, not even the actual SAT). Probably why my brain is focusing on this not really so important one. :unsure:

Edited by Silva
Forgot a word...

Got in over my head with a Do it yourself project. Tried to fix a leaky faucet and things were well until a the last piece instead of coming out smoothly ended up shattering and getting jammed ridiculously tight in the copper pipe. Of course the water was turned off to the house and couldn’t turn it on without it gushing water because of the piece. Ended up having to call a plummer which charges a arm and a leg for “house calls.” A very frustrating and costly day spent without water. Hopefully tomorrow is better!

• 2 weeks later...

Why is getting a diagnosis so unofficial? Talked to my doctor about it today and she agreed that it sounds like I’m dealing with OCD, like professionals have in the past, and it has gotten worse - enough to count as the disorder, I think, and I take the checklists online and they agree, so do I call myself officially diagnosed now? She approved me for treatment, said it would be a good idea to look into. There was no paper or anything saying “Ene has this”, no one looking me in the eyes and going Yes-capital-Y. Does it count? Argh. I’m going to work under the assumption that professional agreement is what matters and I’m “diagnosed” now. No one has said anything about any other unmet requirements for being diagnosed. So that’s what I’m going with, that all the medical and mental health professionals agreeing means it’s official now. I don’t remember it being any different for being diagnosed with depression or anxiety. 

Yaaaay :mellow: 

On 5/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, AonEne said:

Why is getting a diagnosis so unofficial? Talked to my doctor about it today and she agreed that it sounds like I’m dealing with OCD, like professionals have in the past, and it has gotten worse - enough to count as the disorder, I think, and I take the checklists online and they agree, so do I call myself officially diagnosed now? She approved me for treatment, said it would be a good idea to look into. There was no paper or anything saying “Ene has this”, no one looking me in the eyes and going Yes-capital-Y. Does it count? Argh. I’m going to work under the assumption that professional agreement is what matters and I’m “diagnosed” now. No one has said anything about any other unmet requirements for being diagnosed. So that’s what I’m going with, that all the medical and mental health professionals agreeing means it’s official now. I don’t remember it being any different for being diagnosed with depression or anxiety. 

Yaaaay :mellow: 

If you are getting treated for it, I think that counts as officially being diagnosed. Though if you want to dance around with language in the future, you could write "Received treatment designed for OCD" and let everyone draw their own conclusions :)

On 5/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, Orlion the Platypus said:

If you are getting treated for it, I think that counts as officially being diagnosed. Though if you want to dance around with language in the future, you could write "Received treatment designed for OCD" and let everyone draw their own conclusions :)

Yeah, that is an option :P 

I've recently been having several emotional breakdowns traced back to my depression and sense of loneliness. As in everyone I encounter ends up liking other people way more then me. I have three to four actual friends who actually seem to put me first. It's really hard to say this without seeming selfish, but it's just like... nobody seems to like me.

8 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I've recently been having several emotional breakdowns traced back to my depression and sense of loneliness. As in everyone I encounter ends up liking other people way more then me. I have three to four actual friends who actually seem to put me first. It's really hard to say this without seeming selfish, but it's just like... nobody seems to like me.

*Hugs* The world can seem a lonely place at times. However, bear this in mind those three or four friends that you mentioned are there for you. We are here for you Darth. You are not selfish for not wanting to feel lonely. Such feelings are awful. There are people who like you even if it does not always appear that way. Stay strong and remember you always have us.

On 19/05/2020 at 3:08 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

Storms, I know this feeling all too well. It’s horrible, feeling like the entire world is against you, but please know that you’re not alone. We’re here for you, and I’m sure your friends in real life care about you, more than you might realise. 

I also just want to add that it’s not selfish to be feeling like this. Your feelings are valid and important. However, they do not necessarily reflect the truth, or other people’s thoughts about you. No one can read minds, so even though it may seem that people dislike you, it may not be true. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

• 3 weeks later...

For a long time, I’ve had a really good relationship with my dad. But lately, tension’s been building between us (a problem stemming partly from the struggles of quarantine, I think), and today it came to a head. Suddenly I feel as if he’s lost confidence in me, having less in me than I do in myself, which is saying something, because I’m not a naturally confident person. Half of me says he’s completely justified, and the other half wants to listen to my loving mother, who tells me I should be confident in myself. I’m torn between the two, lost as to how I feel. I love both my parents, I know they both love me, but the best way I can put my state right now... is lost.

I just feel very, very lost.

7 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

For a long time, I’ve had a really good relationship with my dad. But lately, tension’s been building between us (a problem stemming partly from the struggles of quarantine, I think), and today it came to a head. Suddenly I feel as if he’s lost confidence in me, having less in me than I do in myself, which is saying something, because I’m not a naturally confident person. Half of me says he’s completely justified, and the other half wants to listen to my loving mother, who tells me I should be confident in myself. I’m torn between the two, lost as to how I feel. I love both my parents, I know they both love me, but the best way I can put my state right now... is lost.

*Hugs* being torn by such things is not easy. At times it can feel as though there is something wrong to fix. It can be overwhelming and it can create real doubt. Ultimately, that feeling though is something which is an illusion. Your parents as you said do love you. Sometimes things may get heated or it may seem that they are disappointed. However, remember that they do love you and care. If you remember that and the fact that you are capable then that feeling of being lost will be shown to be an illusion. Stay strong!

16 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Hey man, that’s tough. First off, remember (and I’m sure you already know this) that no matter what, you are a valued and gifted individual who is incredibly unique and wonderful. Even if other people don’t hold that confidence, try to maintain it yourself. I’d advise you to focus on the positive experiences that you’ve had with your father in the past. Remember all the reasons you know that your father loves you. If you feel up to it, maybe you could try talking to him (if you haven’t already), perhaps tell him how you’ve been feeling. I’ve always found it incredible how much can be solved and begin to be healed just by talking. 

Anyways, that’s just my advice, hope it makes sense. If you want to talk more about it, don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM!

16 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

*Hugs* being torn by such things is not easy. At times it can feel as though there is something wrong to fix. It can be overwhelming and it can create real doubt. Ultimately, that feeling though is something which is an illusion. Your parents as you said do love you. Sometimes things may get heated or it may seem that they are disappointed. However, remember that they do love you and care. If you remember that and the fact that you are capable then that feeling of being lost will be shown to be an illusion. Stay strong!

15 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Hey man, that’s tough. First off, remember (and I’m sure you already know this) that no matter what, you are a valued and gifted individual who is incredibly unique and wonderful. Even if other people don’t hold that confidence, try to maintain it yourself. I’d advise you to focus on the positive experiences that you’ve had with your father in the past. Remember all the reasons you know that your father loves you. If you feel up to it, maybe you could try talking to him (if you haven’t already), perhaps tell him how you’ve been feeling. I’ve always found it incredible how much can be solved and begin to be healed just by talking. 

Anyways, that’s just my advice, hope it makes sense. If you want to talk more about it, don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Thanks you two for your support, it really means a lot.

Gonna kind of ramble here because I’m not sure how to write this.

The girl I like doesn’t want to talk to me anymore. We’ve been online only for the past 5 years, emailing back and forth whenever we get an email, and she emailed this morning saying she wants to cut ties and that she doesn’t want me to mistake us as close friends. I don’t know how to feel about this since we’ve been saying stuff that’s more than friend stuff, more serious like dating, and when I saw that email my heart sunk and I’ve been swinging between feeling fine and not fine all day.
I’m not even sure how I should reply to her or if I should reply at all asking what’s changed, if something’s happened on her end or anything.

8 hours ago, Draginon said:

The girl I like doesn’t want to talk to me anymore. We’ve been online only for the past 5 years, emailing back and forth whenever we get an email, and she emailed this morning saying she wants to cut ties and that she doesn’t want me to mistake us as close friends. I don’t know how to feel about this since we’ve been saying stuff that’s more than friend stuff, more serious like dating, and when I saw that email my heart sunk and I’ve been swinging between feeling fine and not fine all day.
I’m not even sure how I should reply to her or if I should reply at all asking what’s changed, if something’s happened on her end or anything.

*Hugs.* It's not easy putting years and years into a relationship and then finding out that things are not the way that you thought. You will get through this. It won't happen overnight, but this confusion will eventually fade. 

14 hours ago, Draginon said:

*hugs* that's really hard, especially if you put years into the relationship!
Don't give up, I'm sure you will meet someone who cares for you as much as you care for them.

Regarding reaching out for her: I think you should probably wait a day or two, maybe even a week until you have a tad more distance than right now. Make sure whatever you write is polite and not accusing and only ask if you are sure you can deal with an honest reply. I think I personally would reach out, if only to understand what is going on, but in the end it has to be your decision.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 2:26 AM, Sorana said:

*hugs* that's really hard, especially if you put years into the relationship!
Don't give up, I'm sure you will meet someone who cares for you as much as you care for them.

Regarding reaching out for her: I think you should probably wait a day or two, maybe even a week until you have a tad more distance than right now. Make sure whatever you write is polite and not accusing and only ask if you are sure you can deal with an honest reply. I think I personally would reach out, if only to understand what is going on, but in the end it has to be your decision.

Thanks for the advice. I waited a week before sending a reply back to her. Apparently her reason is she’s in contact with too many people and only wants contact with those she’s closest to because she can’t mentally handle a lot of people right now.

It still hurts but I guess that’s why it’s called heartbreak.

I had my wisdom teeth in out in hospital on Wednesday. The pain is really frustrating and so is the nausea. The nausea is so bad and I've been passing out then sleeping for hours and sleepless nights. The pain relief makes me super drowsy and then its hard to focus. The pain relief helps but the pain drives me crazy. I want to eat normal foods again since I've only been able to eat soft food since the surgery. I was already super anxious about the surgery been when I arrived at the hospital and i'm still anxious about the pain. Gentle hugs please?

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

18 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I had my wisdom teeth in out in hospital on Wednesday. The pain is really frustrating and so is the nausea. The nausea is so bad and I've been passing out then sleeping for hours and sleepless nights. The pain relief makes me super drowsy and then its hard to focus. The pain relief helps but the pain drives me crazy. I want to eat normal foods again since I've only been able to eat soft food since the surgery. I was already super anxious about the surgery been when I arrived at the hospital and i'm still anxious about the pain. Gentle hugs please?

*hugs carefully* That sounds miserable. I'm sorry. Hope you get better soon! 

• 2 weeks later...

My misfortune strikes once again. H.R. quietly laid me off no warning or indication of what was coming just an email with the information of how to apply for unemployment and a message that I was being let go. I tend to take things in stride, but seriously my salary makes a difference to their poorly handled budget? It's ridiculous!! Now I have no job in an unforgiving and over-saturated work market. If I was even a little less poised and if the interest on my debts had not been paused I would be in horrific shape. When will it end. Since my college graduation it has been one thing to the next. The frustration that I usually keep a tight lid on is dangerously close to showing. It takes a great deal to get me, but this is a bit much. It just stacks and stacks. I pride myself on my control. Now that control is in danger. I rant and I rave, and yet you all listen. I am so grateful for all of you. I have few places to vent and this is by far the most effective one. Thank you all for being here and listening.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My misfortune strikes once again. H.R. quietly laid me off no warning or indication of what was coming just an email with the information of how to apply for unemployment and a message that I was being let go. I tend to take things in stride, but seriously my salary makes a difference to their poorly handled budget? It's ridiculous!! Now I have no job in an unforgiving and over-saturated work market. If I was even a little less poised and if the interest on my debts had not been paused I would be in horrific shape. When will it end. Since my college graduation it has been one thing to the next. The frustration that I usually keep a tight lid on is dangerously close to showing. It takes a great deal to get me, but this is a bit much. It just stacks and stacks. I pride myself on my control. Now that control is in danger. I rant and I rave, and yet you all listen. I am so grateful for all of you. I have few places to vent and this is by far the most effective one. Thank you all for being here and listening.

*hugs* That’s really tough Nathran. I’m sorry to hear that, your H.R. doesn’t know what their missing out on. I really hope that you can find a job soon:( And if you feel like you need someone to spill out that frustration to, please don’t hesitate to PM me. I believe in you, and if our experience in TLPW has shown me anything, it’s that you are very tough and tenacious, and I know that you can overcome this challenge:lol: