Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

2 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

I've just been told that a major figure in my life has been put on hospice. Also, I had pretty much no reaction when receiving this news. I had a stronger one when discovering that an old forum had finally been retired.

Man, I hate that feeling of, well... not feeling. It's really awful (at least the other emotions -- like shame or guilt or even sometimes anger -- that come as a result are). Hope things get better from here. 

Edited by Slowswift
Added a smidge more

Just now, Slowswift said:

Man, I hate that feeling of, well... not feeling. It's really awful. Hope things get better from here. 

That's the thing though. I used to joke about how glad I'd be to see her gone. And now that the news has dropped, nothing. I don't really even know this person anymore. Just my memory of the person.

1 minute ago, Silverblade5 said:

That's the thing though. I used to joke about how glad I'd be to see her gone. And now that the news has dropped, nothing. I don't really even know this person anymore. Just my memory of the person.

Wow. Can't even say that I know what to say. I think I know what you're talking about, but... well, I don't know if that's for me to say, really.

7 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Does having this reaction to someone I know dying make me a bad person?

I wouldn't say so at all.

There have been plenty of times when bad things have happened or I've gotten bad news and not really... reacted at all. Honestly, a couple of times I have legitimately wondered if I was a sociopath because I felt absolutely nothing. Our brains our funky things, and I don't know if there's an easy explanation. All I can say is to just keep on keeping on, and do your best to honor their memory (if that is something you feel like you should do). I don't believe that's something you have to drown in your own tears to do.

Edited by Slowswift

• 2 weeks later...

You know those days when you can barely function, barely eat, barely talk, let alone sleep because your anxiety is so bad? Today’s just one of those days. I had an anxiety attack right after school, and I’ve just been depressed the rest of the day.

But I guess it’s just how life goes sometimes.

40 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

You know those days when you can barely function, barely eat, barely talk, let alone sleep because your anxiety is so bad? Today’s just one of those days. I had an anxiety attack right after school, and I’ve just been depressed the rest of the day.

Those days do suck. *hugs Jay and offers a fresh-baked cookie* 

44 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Awww, Jay. I'm so sorry. I get feeling like that sometimes. It's really not fun. I hope you can have something to focus on so you can go back to being yourself. The nice thing is, stuff like this doesn't last forever. You'll get through it. :) We're always here for ya. 

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Those days do suck. *hugs Jay and offers a fresh-baked cookie* 

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

Awww, Jay. I'm so sorry. I get feeling like that sometimes. It's really not fun. I hope you can have something to focus on so you can go back to being yourself. The nice thing is, stuff like this doesn't last forever. You'll get through it. :) We're always here for ya. 

Thanks you guys!

On 11/7/2019 at 10:03 AM, Mestiv said:

I'm fighting sinusitis for third week in a row :/ it's far from the worst things in the world, but still, I just want to complain :P

It's far from the worst thing in the world, but it's still storming annoying and inconvenient. Hope you get better Mestiv! *Sends Mestiv some virtual Chicken Soup*

So I had a bit of a bad month, I'm not going to get into specifics but my mother found out I was struggling mentally and was more open than I thought she was going to be. The support she's given over the past 2 days (it's been short so far) has been more than I've noticed before. Now, we aren't an outspoken family but we always know we are there and that's true so far. Talking about things does make it better and, hopefully, this continues and I can get out of the mental rut I'm currently in. I'm trying to stay positive and distracted though, I'm sure everyone will help in this circumstance.

Today, I've felt like everything I do is wrong. That everyone else is loved, liked, appreciated, and nobody likes me. And I'm just so storming done.

It makes me hate the shard, discord, real life, basically everything but my cat. 

And I don't know why I'm sharing this, but I'm having trouble coping with it. I feel like everyone hates me.

Bro, I don't even know you, I don't even think we've really interacted on here much if at all. But I can tell you're a quality individual! I think the fact that you're venting here instead of bottling it up is a good sign. You've got an entire forum's worth of people to back you up, and I hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Today, I've felt like everything I do is wrong. That everyone else is loved, liked, appreciated, and nobody likes me. And I'm just so storming done.

It makes me hate the shard, discord, real life, basically everything but my cat. 

And I don't know why I'm sharing this, but I'm having trouble coping with it. I feel like everyone hates me.

Ark, you’re an awesome person. I can say with certainty that I definitely don’t hate you- you are extremely clever, a great writer, hilarious, and can be incredibly kind. I love our kinda arch nemesis upvote thing we occasionally have, it always makes my day. Seriously dude, sometimes it’s ridiculous how many you can get in a week. I get a bit jealous sometimes :P Just know that even when things seem really bad, they oftentimes are way better than they seem.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Firstly,*Hugs*. Ark I know that feeling very well. The truth is that it's a lie that people tell themselves. There is no truth to it. There are days when that feeling is quite strong. It forces me to stop and evaluate my life. What you do is right and don't let people (yourself included) tell you otherwise. @Slowswift and @Lunamor are tough acts to follow. However, trust me when I say that you are incredible and you are loved. The fact that you are talking about it here shows that you are coping with it in your own way. We are here for you!! 

This isn't just today, I mean it's 12:30 am for me so that would be strange, but just in life I don't feel happy. The Shard and Discord are the only things that really bring me happiness. I love you all, and think you're amazing, but I honestly don't know if I'll survive this year. If I make it to eighteen I'll be shocked. I don't feel like my friends care about me very much, except for like two or three exceptions, and my family clearly doesn't. Honestly the shard and discord are the closest thing I have to a loving family, and even here I don't seem to be very popular. Whenever I post anything it doesn't get as many upvotes, participants or replies than someone else who posts the exact same thing like five minutes later. It just makes me feel empty. I'm going to therapy... well today actually, but still. I seem to have serious depression, very bad self worth, and cannot make it through a school day without self harm, and nobody seems to notice. The stabbing of myself with a pencil is not a cry for help, but when the teacher leans over me to look at what I've done and it's being rammed into my arm you'd think they'd notice. Anyways, thanks for readying.

To those who don't recognize me, it's Darth Woodrack, I changed early.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

This isn't just today, I mean it's 12:30 am for me so that would be strange, but just in life I don't feel happy. The Shard and Discord are the only things that really bring me happiness. I love you all, and think you're amazing, but I honestly don't know if I'll survive this year. If I make it to eighteen I'll be shocked. I don't feel like my friends care about me very much, except for like two or three exceptions, and my family clearly doesn't. Honestly the shard and discord are the closest thing I have to a loving family, and even here I don't seem to be very popular. Whenever I post anything it doesn't get as many upvotes, participants or replies than someone else who posts the exact same thing like five minutes later. It just makes me feel empty. I'm going to therapy... well today actually, but still. I seem to have serious depression, very bad self worth, and cannot make it through a school day without self harm, and nobody seems to notice. The stabbing of myself with a pencil is not a cry for help, but when the teacher leans over me to look at what I've done and it's being rammed into my arm you'd think they'd notice. Anyways, thanks for readying.

To those who don't recognize me, it's Darth Woodrack, I changed early.

Bro, I know we don’t interact on the Shard that much, but every time that we have, whether it’s been breadm*nks on TLT or something in the Alleyverse, I have sincerely and honestly enjoyed it so much. You are loved and wanted on the Shard, it would be nowhere near the same without you! Please PM me anytime, I’m here for you, and so is everyone else:D

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar