Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Any of you just have those days where you're in a funk about the state of society in general, and about the difficulty of keeping true to your moral code in a world that just doesn't seem to care anymore? I'm having that right now

I’m sorry you are feeling that way! I’ve never felt that way but it sounds very frustrating, and I hope you can move outward and forward soon! Honestly I’m more likely on the other end of the spectrum in my trends towards total apathy. In any case, I wish you positive motion in all things.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Any of you just have those days where you're in a funk about the state of society in general, and about the difficulty of keeping true to your moral code in a world that just doesn't seem to care anymore? I'm having that right now

*hugs*

Sometimes I have these days, yes. I hope you will feel better soon! And that you don't loose what you feel like is right!

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I’m sorry you are feeling that way! I’ve never felt that way but it sounds very frustrating, and I hope you can move outward and forward soon! Honestly I’m more likely on the other end of the spectrum in my trends towards total apathy. In any case, I wish you positive motion in all things.

33 minutes ago, Sorana said:

*hugs*

Sometimes I have these days, yes. I hope you will feel better soon! And that you don't loose what you feel like is right!

Thanks guys... The fact that this topic exists is yet another reason I love the Shard. Y'all are my fandom family

On 5/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, AonEne said:

Good luck!

Thank you!  I got my letter on Monday.  They fully approved my refund!  It really was a clerical error on their part.  They have me hell when I went in to see them, but the tuition committee (or whatever they call themselves) approved my request and dropped all my balance.  So it had a happy ending!

I'm just exhausted, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

It's almost the end of the school year, 9 school days left, but I'm hating every minute in the meantime.

I know it's the weekend now, but I'm still just tired

Lately, even making myself stand up is a challenge...

2 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

It's almost the end of the school year, 9 school days left, but I'm hating every minute in the meantime.

:(

I know how you feel. Every year, our school puts on a Variety Show and every year I'm heavily involved. We have 4 or 5 hour long practices every day after school for a week and it's exhausting. What helps for me is listening to music. Nothing lasts forever. Hang in there, Ark!

*hugs*

3 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

Sometimes I'm glad for the weekend because I get to do absolutely nothing, and that's fine. Time to recuperate and recover then back to the grind. It can feel like a constant Groundhog Day but at some point we just oughta stand up for ourselves and get going!

On 6/7/2019 at 0:22 AM, NottTheBrave said:

Thank you!  I got my letter on Monday.  They fully approved my refund!  It really was a clerical error on their part.  They have me hell when I went in to see them, but the tuition committee (or whatever they call themselves) approved my request and dropped all my balance.  So it had a happy ending!

Yay!

10 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

Just nine days left! If you can write the great stuff you do, I know you can do this. *hugs too*

I'm not really supposed to talk about my family to friends, especially complaining, but yesterday was...not a fun day. I mean, I survived it, I guess? First time ever running out of the house in unhappiness (that I can remember)! At least crying on the wall of the church building helped me stay sane...r, HAHAHA. I just wanted to type this. Thanks for reading :P

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

I'm not really supposed to talk about my family to friends, especially complaining, but yesterday was...not a fun day. I mean, I survived it, I guess? First time ever running out of the house in unhappiness (that I can remember)! At least crying on the wall of the church building helped me stay sane...r, HAHAHA. I just wanted to type this. Thanks for reading :P

*hugs*

On 6/6/2019 at 11:22 PM, NottTheBrave said:

Hurrah!

13 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

*hugs*

5 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Hey, I know what you mean. Things get tough, but just know that we’re always here for you!

Just one of those days, I'll pull through! Just have to take some time to myself and settle down, I guess. Clear my headspace.

More just a recap of me realizing how ridiculous my life has become over the past couple months than anything else.

Leave a good and easy job in the hopes of starting a new career.

Stays for a month, nearly die, nearly gets others killed.

Go somewhere new, where I'm instructed to do illegal things and witness company doing illegal things.

Quit, then realize I've been defrauded, and can't prove anything regarding them.

Go back to a simple, safe, and legal food job.

All within 3 months :P 

This happened on Friday but I was too tired that night and yesterday to post this.

We’re in the middle of taking the old English curriculum off the campuses and at one campus we were loading the boxes onto a pallet in the box truck (the type U-Haul uses) and shrink wrapped them once it was high enough. Well when we were driving away, to put the truck away at the main office, we stopped at a red light and heard this huge boom from the back and hoped it was just some of the loose boxes. Well when we arrived at the office we opened the back up and the entire stack of boxes had indeed fallen over. What happened was the guy helping us wrap the shrink wrap hadn’t pulled it tight around the back. I took a look at the ones further inside and saw multiple boxes had busted open meaning on Monday when we have to drop the boxes off to take to recycle we will have to redo everything we already did.

I just wanna thank everyone here for being so supportive. Although it's not ideal, it's great that we can all stick together under one common motive to positively influence each other when we're doing and show great support to others. This is one of the reasons I keep visiting the forum and will stick around until I can't any longer. We can come here to vent and to rant and not be judged. I have a feeling Sanderson would be proud, I know I am.

2 hours ago, Draginon said:

This happened on Friday but I was too tired that night and yesterday to post this.

We’re in the middle of taking the old English curriculum off the campuses and at one campus we were loading the boxes onto a pallet in the box truck (the type U-Haul uses) and shrink wrapped them once it was high enough. Well when we were driving away, to put the truck away at the main office, we stopped at a red light and heard this huge boom from the back and hoped it was just some of the loose boxes. Well when we arrived at the office we opened the back up and the entire stack of boxes had indeed fallen over. What happened was the guy helping us wrap the shrink wrap hadn’t pulled it tight around the back. I took a look at the ones further inside and saw multiple boxes had busted open meaning on Monday when we have to drop the boxes off to take to recycle we will have to redo everything we already did.

I had that happen to me when I was driving for the Denver Post. Got an earful from the warehouse manager along with a threat to contact my supervisor if it ever happened again. Hadn't even been my fault that time.

11 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

I just wanna thank everyone here for being so supportive. Although it's not ideal, it's great that we can all stick together under one common motive to positively influence each other when we're doing and show great support to others. This is one of the reasons I keep visiting the forum and will stick around until I can't any longer. We can come here to vent and to rant and not be judged. I have a feeling Sanderson would be proud, I know I am.

Amen!! 

One department is making my job a chore again. It’s the C&I (curriculum and instruction) department. They are redoing the required reading novels again.

I kept trying to get questions answered but my mother, who’s my boss, kept waving it away like it wasn’t important and that I was making a big deal out of nothing.

Here’s the points I kept trying to get answered or managed to resolve:

1. Half of the novels from the previous school year are no longer on the list so do they want them in the campus resource rooms or on the shelves at central gathering dust.

2. A few of the ones added to the list are on these literacy carts C&I just had to create last year so I wanted to know if we will be pulling those off. When that came back as a big no I then tried telling them that if we have books that are on both the carts and as required reading it’ll confuse the teachers and the campus coordinators. When that still didn’t concern them I just couldn’t believe the stupidity. I just know that the carts will get even more messed up with this happening.

3. One of the novels listed was Benjamin Button, a short story. I immediately asked if a short story would be long enough to do for the 9 weeks and the one who sent the list to me didn’t even know the book was a short story. How can they pick stories for class and not know a novel from a short story?

Pretty much the way my mother acted she practically implied I should just sweep my concerns under the carpet even though these are significant concerns to ask so that my job doesn’t become a headache and nightmare.

I’ve been struggling a lot with my parents lately. It feels like they’re trying to impose what they want on me without letting me decide anything for myself. Most of it has to do with little specifics pertaining to my religion; I’ve grown up in it, but it’s becoming hard to stomach these tiny things.

I skipped a grade, and for the last seven years or so I’ve been going to school and associating with people older than me, but I feel like I’ve grown to the point where I fit in better with them than people my own age.

It’s incredibly frustrating when my parents are restraining me according to my age like this. I get it, I’m a teenager, but I’m not the cliched idiot teenager stereotype.

Edited by Jaywalk

6 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I’ve been struggling a lot with my parents lately. It feels like they’re trying to impose what they want on me without letting me decide anything for myself. Most of it has to do with little specifics pertaining to my religion; I’ve grown up in it, but it’s becoming hard to stomach these tiny things.

I skipped a grade, and for the last seven years or so I’ve been going to school and associating with people older than me, but I feel like I’ve grown to the point where I fit in better with them than people my own age.

It’s incredibly frustrating when my parents are restraining me according to my age like this. I get it, I’m a teenager, but I’m not the cliched idiot teenager stereotype.

*hugs Jay* You are definitely not the stereotype, I agree.

I've had problems with my religion too (Mormon, right?) and I just talked to my parents about it. If it's the beliefs, then I wish you the best of luck in figuring out what's right for you; if it's the practices, maybe try taking a break from them if they let you, see how that goes.

7 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

It's tough but you should be your own person. Shape who you are because you do not want to live your life in regret or being someone you aren't. I recommend trying a lot of new things and just seeing what sticks.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

*hugs Jay* You are definitely not the stereotype, I agree.

I've had problems with my religion too (Mormon, right?) and I just talked to my parents about it. If it's the beliefs, then I wish you the best of luck in figuring out what's right for you; if it's the practices, maybe try taking a break from them if they let you, see how that goes.

See, that’s the thing. My parents are the ones imposing the beliefs on me. They’re also imposing the practices on me. I don’t have a choice.