Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

13 hours ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

Well they’re missing out

12 hours ago, Zelly said:

Oh man I am so sorry. Been there, that's a rough and anxious time.   But you will find something.  This craziness will pass. That "but when" can really gnaw at you, doubly so when it all seems out of your hands.  I hope things work out soon.

:) Thanks for being here for me!! I have to believe that they made a mistake and that things will look up!! All I can do is keep chugging along and keep trying, but now at the very least I know that I am not alone!

On 5/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, Draginon said:

Long days at work this week. I’m a night owl so being forced to wake up before 8 is torture for me so you can imagine being woken up at 5. Then it’s around 8PM when I finally eat dinner.

End of year inventory is the worst.

Oof, I'm a night person too. Hope it gets better for you!

20 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Today has been so frustrating and and draining I don't even know where to start. It's not even the day itself, but rather what it represents. As a recap I lasted a semester in law school before due to my uncharacteristically poor grades I was dismissed. That was 4 days before classes. I walked around in a haze for a while. I eventually got my act together enough to start my job search and get back my part time tutoring job. That is where the real frustration begins. For five months I have been applying for every potential job that I would have any chance at  In that time I have had exactly two interviews. One was only an interview to see if I could have an interview. They never got back to me, This week I had an interview that seemed promising and went well. An hour ago they emailed me to let me know that they would not move forward with me. All of this rejection and frustration is getting to me. Honestly I'm worried about this. I'm still young, but I have no real income and I still live at home without any present prospect. I put on a stoic face, but this is gnawing away at me. It is so raw and each rejection just makes the pain resurface. I apologize if I seem petty and for wasting all of your time, but I just had to vent. Thanks for being here!! 

Stick's right - too bad for them that they don't get you. More chances will come! We believe in you!

@AonEne Only on weekends since I can actually wake naturally at a decent time.

I hate doing end of year inventory so much since it takes so many days just to do the first run of returns, one campus always takes multiple days no matter what and this year was no exception. Also every year my mother always tries to do the multi-day campus in the morning and a smaller campus in the afternoon and it never works out since multi-day campus always keeps us there until after everyone else is gone, even if on day one we get 75% done and day two is just 5 rooms we still end up there all damnation day. Today we only had one building there to do and the majority is just empty classrooms and we didn’t get started until after 10 because my mother just had to go over some emails that took her 2 hours (this is when she starts complaining we should’ve already been done there and at another campus), and then by the time we finish with the room so that I can start the find report it’s after 2 (yes it took 4 hours to get to this point) and I spent the next 2 doing the report since the system we use does not eliminate any zeroed out items so I have to do that manually. By the time I was done it was 7/7:30. Didn’t eat lunch until around 3:30 so that shows how bad this day got.

Overall this job is the reason I hate summer so much, besides the heat of course.

There are 5 1/2 days of school left.  I'm having a mild, week long anxiety attack.  So. Much. To. Do.

Spoiler

I am still testing my class's end of the year reading levels because our sub who was suppose to let us do the reading tests got pulled to take care of upper grade testing instead (for 3 days in a row).  

On Friday, we were informed that report cards are due for admin inspection on Tuesday morning.  Monday there is no school.  I don't even have the data ready yet, let alone the report cards filled out.

Also on Friday, we were informed that additional data materials had suddenly been added by the state.  We were handed a 4 page reading packet questionnaire that has to be completed for each student with a  1-4 rubric for things like: Do they know their letters? Consonant blends? Can they print? Do they hold books correctly? Do they ask questions? Do they answer questions?  etc etc etc.   We were also told there is a similar math packet, but they don't know where it is so they'll get it to us when they can. (Remember, 5 1/2 days left.)

I need to do student placement cards for each student.  No one will look at them until August, at which point they will be thrown away, because other, better papers with the same information will also be available in August.

I have to organize each student's permanent file and sign off that all appropriate papers have been filed in order.

I need to tidy my classroom by Wednesday because families are coming in for Graduation/Promotion. (Remember, no school Monday).

I need to box up my classroom by the end of the year because we're hosting summer school and unknown teachers and students will be in my room while I'm not there.

Worst part is I know there's stuff I'm forgetting.  Someone is going to casually mention some paperwork I forgot about and I will lay down and cry.

1 hour ago, Zelly said:

There are 5 1/2 days of school left.  I'm having a mild, week long anxiety attack.  So. Much. To. Do.

Hide contents

I am still testing my class's end of the year reading levels because our sub who was suppose to let us do the reading tests got pulled to take care of upper grade testing instead (for 3 days in a row).  

On Friday, we were informed that report cards are due for admin inspection on Tuesday morning.  Monday there is no school.  I don't even have the data ready yet, let alone the report cards filled out.

Also on Friday, we were informed that additional data materials had suddenly been added by the state.  We were handed a 4 page reading packet questionnaire that has to be completed for each student with a  1-4 rubric for things like: Do they know their letters? Consonant blends? Can they print? Do they hold books correctly? Do they ask questions? Do they answer questions?  etc etc etc.   We were also told there is a similar math packet, but they don't know where it is so they'll get it to us when they can. (Remember, 5 1/2 days left.)

I need to do student placement cards for each student.  No one will look at them until August, at which point they will be thrown away, because other, better papers with the same information will also be available in August.

I have to organize each student's permanent file and sign off that all appropriate papers have been filed in order.

I need to tidy my classroom by Wednesday because families are coming in for Graduation/Promotion. (Remember, no school Monday).

I need to box up my classroom by the end of the year because we're hosting summer school and unknown teachers and students will be in my room while I'm not there.

Worst part is I know there's stuff I'm forgetting.  Someone is going to casually mention some paperwork I forgot about and I will lay down and cry.

Hang in there @Zelly you will get through it. Just keep putting one step in front of the other!

On 5/23/2019 at 9:45 PM, Nathrangking said:

Today has been so frustrating and and draining I don't even know where to start. It's not even the day itself, but rather what it represents. As a recap I lasted a semester in law school before due to my uncharacteristically poor grades I was dismissed. That was 4 days before classes. I walked around in a haze for a while. I eventually got my act together enough to start my job search and get back my part time tutoring job. That is where the real frustration begins. For five months I have been applying for every potential job that I would have any chance at  In that time I have had exactly two interviews. One was only an interview to see if I could have an interview. They never got back to me, This week I had an interview that seemed promising and went well. An hour ago they emailed me to let me know that they would not move forward with me. All of this rejection and frustration is getting to me. Honestly I'm worried about this. I'm still young, but I have no real income and I still live at home without any present prospect. I put on a stoic face, but this is gnawing away at me. It is so raw and each rejection just makes the pain resurface. I apologize if I seem petty and for wasting all of your time, but I just had to vent. Thanks for being here!! 

It'll be okay. Like you told Zelly, just keep putting one step in front of the other.

Things will get better.

*hugs*

Today is going to be a fun day.  I dropped out of my university last semester.  Well, turns out they kept me registered for this semester anyways, and I now owe several grand.  I'm going in to talk to the office about the fact that I had requested to drop out the previous semester, and they apparently just decided to not listen to me even though they said they would.  

8 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Today is going to be a fun day.  I dropped out of my university last semester.  Well, turns out they kept me registered for this semester anyways, and I now owe several grand.  I'm going in to talk to the office about the fact that I had requested to drop out the previous semester, and they apparently just decided to not listen to me even though they said they would.  

Good luck!

*sighs*

Things like to line up in the same small strip of time. That's just life, but it doesn't make it any less stressful or annoying.

Mini list below of two such items involved this time:

Spoiler

I got back an essay yesterday which only emphasized how poor an English teacher I have. The essay I spend the least effort on, do the least in depth, and get the worst grade on, is the one she claims is my "best work all year". And she took off points saying my writing style was poor (when that was the only part of the essay that I actually cared about as that the topic didn't quite interest me all that much), which probably hurt more than it really should have given the quality of her writing.

And then there are the eight large exams in the next two weeks that I'm trying not to think too much about...

The positive is that the school year is almost over and summer isn't all that far away.

47 minutes ago, Silva said:

*sighs*

Things like to line up in the same small strip of time. That's just life, but it doesn't make it any less stressful or annoying.

Mini list below of two such items involved this time:

Reveal hidden contents

I got back an essay yesterday which only emphasized how poor an English teacher I have. The essay I spend the least effort on, do the least in depth, and get the worst grade on, is the one she claims is my "best work all year". And she took off points saying my writing style was poor (when that was the only part of the essay that I actually cared about as that the topic didn't quite interest me all that much), which probably hurt more than it really should have given the quality of her writing.

And then there are the eight large exams in the next two weeks that I'm trying not to think too much about...

The positive is that the school year is almost over and summer isn't all that far away.

*Hugs* I have been there with teachers who don't understand. The most that one can do is push on. You know how good you are and that is what matters. 

As for the tests just take them one at a time you will get through this!!

1 hour ago, Silva said:

Hey, you know yourself better than a teacher. Honestly, your writing is better than several teachers I know, so I wouldn't place much trust in her word.

12 minutes ago, Kaladin's successor said:

I had sbac on my birthday whyyy why would you do this to me california

Sorry, but on the bright side, happy birthday!

19 hours ago, Wander89 said:

You ever have one of those "everything is going wrong days" and just feel completely run down? Having that now.

*hugs* I know that feeling all too well. But it doesn’t last! You’ll get through it!

This is more a headache thing than a bad day thing.

My mother is making planning vacation an unnecessary pain once again. Anytime we do plans she makes it a huge headache to settle on stuff because she always asks double questions (as in I give her the answer but she treats it as not the answer and rewords her question that boils down to the same thing) and questions me on everything like I’m an idiot despite looking at the item in question.

In this case it was figuring out what time to book for afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian at Disney World after getting off the Disney Cruise (our trip goes Food & Wine Festival at Disney World the day before going on a week long cruise followed by a couple days at Universal Studios). First she questioned me on the breakfast times, breakfast being 6:45 & 8:00 depending on your seating and she wants first seating despite it being inconvenient for breakfast, because she insisted that first seating was 7:00 and second seating was 7:45 until I looked it up just to show her I remembered the times.

Then she argued with me on the easiest way to our hotel at Universal Studios after dropping my dad off, he has to get back to work after the cruise so we have to drop him off at the place where he drops off his truck, and the place we go to isn’t near a freeway since we have to get off the 528 toll road and use regular roads to get there. The point she argued with me was why not use the 417 toll road since that’s the one we used last time. I kept telling her that 417 is easier when heading south towards Disney World while 528 is easier when heading north towards Universal and thus 417 is going the long way around, especially since the drop off is about halfway between both of these. The kicker is I was telling her this while looking at a map!

The final thing she argued on was the time to book for the tea since we have to account for this: time to eat breakfast, getting off the ship and through customs, getting on the shuttle back to the car, drive from the port back to Orlando to drop my dad off, drive to Universal to get our room settled and drive to Disney for the tea. She kept talking about doing the 3:00 time because it’ll take too long to get through customs while my argument of what takes too much time was the time getting off the freeway to the place for my dad since the last time he gave directions that lasted an hour from the time we exited the toll road when it takes about 50 minutes to get there from the port. When we finally talked it through on how long everything might take, assuming no traffic on the roads, it turned out a 2:15 time would be more ideal since that still gives wiggle room so that we can settle our room and not be rushed getting to the tea if traffic happens.

Something that should’ve been a couple minutes had taken half an hour because she’d rather argue and not listen to me. An example of her not listening to me did happen today where we needed to get from one freeway to another freeway and she asked me if the upcoming ramp was the one we needed and I said “no, stay to-“ and she took that ramp before I could finish because she heard me say “yes”. Luckily I knew how to get to our target freeway but it would be nice if she didn’t mix up yes and no when I say them.

Just need to vent:

So last night I didn't remember that I had something scheduled so I had to leave my homework unfinished. Come back from my thing tired and go directly to bed. Wake up that morning and go to school. Friend tells me that there was homework and there is only like 10 minutes left. I, being the stupid fool that I am, don't think to get a missing and turn it in later for late credit but use a homework help website for the first time. Long story short, I don't get any credit and can't redo for any credit at all...Oh and she emailed my parents so guess what will be happening tonight!

Thinking about it, I'm the one at fault here so I have nothing to complain about...so...yell at me I guess?

TL;DR:

I didn't do my own work and now am whining about it to you guys.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

9 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Just need to vent:

So last night I didn't remember that I had something scheduled so I had to leave my homework unfinished. Come back from my thing tired and go directly to bed. Wake up that morning and go to school. Friend tells me that there was homework and there is only like 10 minutes left. I, being the stupid fool that I am, don't think to get a missing and turn it in later for late credit but use a homework help website for the first time. Long story short, I don't get any credit and can't redo for any credit at all...Oh and she emailed my parents so guess what will be happening tonight!

Thinking about it, I'm the one at fault here so I have nothing to complain about...so...yell at me I guess?

TL;DR:

I didn't do my own work and now am whining about it to you guys.

It's ok

Also, how did you get caught?