Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

4 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Highlands Ranch, a school 10 miles from me, got shot today. 6 casualties, 1 fatality. 

Oh my goodness! That's seriously so terrible. I don't have any way to respond to that.

Edited by Kidpen

13 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Oh my goodness! That's seriously so terrible. I don't have any way to respond to that.

Guy died a hero. Got shot three times while tackling shooter. Bought police time to get there that otherwise would've been used to do more damage. 

Yes Professor Umbridge, I understand that falling sick during your perfectly planned class can be disruptive.

Yes Professor Umbridge, I understand that excessive coughing isn't conductive to a good  testing environment.

Yes Professor Umbridge, I understand this makes me a bad person.

Cremling ****

Edited by Silverblade5

22 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

I, ah, may need a hug. AP tests are nightmares. Could I get a hug?

*hugs* The good thing is that once the test is over, it's over. It most likely won't come back and be a recurring nightmare.

Its been a rough week, three days ago my cat died, we had had him for about 9 years and he was the nicest most mellow cat you'll ever meet. Two days ago I had a medication mishap which resulted in a visit to the ER, I then spent the night throwing up. Now my dog is having health problems and it's looking like she'll need to be put down tomorrow. This coupled with garden variety doubts and self-loathing has left me feeling really down. People keep telling me that things will work out and get better but sometimes it's hard to believe them.

26 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Its been a rough week, three days ago my cat died, we had had him for about 9 years and he was the nicest most mellow cat you'll ever meet. Two days ago I had a medication mishap which resulted in a visit to the ER, I then spent the night throwing up. Now my dog is having health problems and it's looking like she'll need to be put down tomorrow. This coupled with garden variety doubts and self-loathing has left me feeling really down. People keep telling me that things will work out and get better but sometimes it's hard to believe them.

I don’t know what to say... 

*hugs*

My life just feels like a downward spiral right now. I’ve been feeling down in the dumps a lot, and I just barely found out my crush—someone I’ve become good friends with—is moving. I honestly feel terrible right now.

4 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

My life just feels like a downward spiral right now. I’ve been feeling down in the dumps a lot, and I just barely found out my crush—someone I’ve become good friends with—is moving. I honestly feel terrible right now.

*hugs*

Hang in there, buddy. People come and go, but life goes on. Nothing lasts forever. Just try and focus on the positive. I can't remember who the quote was from, but, "If you can't fly, run, if you can't run, walk, if you can't walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving."

40 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

*hugs*

Hang in there, buddy. People come and go, but life goes on. Nothing lasts forever. Just try and focus on the positive. I can't remember who the quote was from, but, "If you can't fly, run, if you can't run, walk, if you can't walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving."

MLK, I believe. And don’t worry, Jaywalk, things will always get better! I am sure that you will meet someone new.

17 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

*hugs* It's always awful to lose a pet, but from experience, while the pain will still be there, it dulls. It fades a little. I've gone days without thinking of beloved deceased pets, even though I can't remember life before one. It really does get better. As for the ER visit, that'll probably improve even faster, with care and the right medication. I hope your dog gets better, and I hope you do too, because you're awesome (SO THERE, SELF-LOATHING, FIGHT TFA'S FRIENDS! OH, TOO COWARDLY, HUH? GOOD! GO AWAY, TFA DESERVES BETTER THAN YOU, BECAUSE HE'S AWESOME!).

4 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

*hugs you* Again, I promise you it'll get better. We'll all make it better together! I'm sorry that your friend and crush is leaving, but we're high schoolers. Your emotions and you will probably find someone else, like Luna said, and you can still text, email, et cetera her as a friend. Thank Domi for technology, right?

3 hours ago, Lunamor said:

MLK, I believe.

Oh, so that's where Mathis got it when he was speechifying like a protagonist at Tesh

Edited by AonEne
typo

Long days at work this week. I’m a night owl so being forced to wake up before 8 is torture for me so you can imagine being woken up at 5. Then it’s around 8PM when I finally eat dinner.

End of year inventory is the worst.

Today has been so frustrating and and draining I don't even know where to start. It's not even the day itself, but rather what it represents. As a recap I lasted a semester in law school before due to my uncharacteristically poor grades I was dismissed. That was 4 days before classes. I walked around in a haze for a while. I eventually got my act together enough to start my job search and get back my part time tutoring job. That is where the real frustration begins. For five months I have been applying for every potential job that I would have any chance at  In that time I have had exactly two interviews. One was only an interview to see if I could have an interview. They never got back to me, This week I had an interview that seemed promising and went well. An hour ago they emailed me to let me know that they would not move forward with me. All of this rejection and frustration is getting to me. Honestly I'm worried about this. I'm still young, but I have no real income and I still live at home without any present prospect. I put on a stoic face, but this is gnawing away at me. It is so raw and each rejection just makes the pain resurface. I apologize if I seem petty and for wasting all of your time, but I just had to vent. Thanks for being here!! 

Edited by Nathrangking

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Today has been so frustrating and and draining I don't even know where to start. It's not even the day itself, but rather what it represents. As a recap I lasted a semester in law school before due to my uncharacteristically poor grades I was dismissed. That was 4 days before classes. I walked around in a haze for a while. I eventually got my act together enough to start my job search and get back my part time tutoring job. That is where the real frustration begins. For five months I have been applying for every potential job that I would have any chance at  In that time I have had exactly two interviews. One was only an interview to see if I could have an interview. They never got back to me, This week I had an interview that seemed promising and went well. An hour ago they emailed me to let me know that they would not move forward with me. All of this rejection and frustration is getting to me. Honestly I'm worried about this. I'm still young, but I have no real income and I still live at home without any present prospect. I put on a stoic face, but this is gnawing away at me and  I had to vent. I apologize if I seem petty and for wasting all of your time. Thanks for being here!! 

Well they’re missing out

50 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

All of this rejection and frustration is getting to me. Honestly I'm worried about this. I'm still young, but I have no real income and I still live at home without any present prospect. I put on a stoic face, but this is gnawing away at me. It is so raw and each rejection just makes the pain resurface. I apologize if I seem petty and for wasting all of your time, but I just had to vent. Thanks for being here!! 

Oh man I am so sorry. Been there, that's a rough and anxious time.   But you will find something.  This craziness will pass. That "but when" can really gnaw at you, doubly so when it all seems out of your hands.  I hope things work out soon.