Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Anytime. Feel free to PM me as well. It makes me sad whenever someone I know (though I admittedly don't know you that well) is having problems. I like trying to help.

Appreciate it :) You're sweet, don't happen to be on the shard discord? I don't really use this place that much alas.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

I'm sweet?

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

It makes me sad whenever someone I know (though I admittedly don't know you that well) is having problems. I like trying to help

Your words not mine :P

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Teeeeeechnically yes, but really no. I still need to figure out Discord. Sometime soon.

Are you up really late like me, or over in Australia or New Zealand?

Fair enough, I'm here if you have questions/need help. 

I'm in Australia

Last Thursday Ontario Library Services got its budget cut by 50%...because of this they've decided to end their interlibrary loan service which let libraries from all over Ontario share materials with each other. This service was extremely important for libraries, especially rural ones with limited collections, and as someone who works in a small public library I honestly don't know what we'll do without it. We used interlibrary loans for book clubs, helping students with research, getting rare materials, etc. It was vital.

If any Canadian sharders out there would be willing to sign this petition here and possibly consider sharing it, that would be awesome. Thank you :)

Libraries unable to fully serve their community? I think I can do something about that.

*some time later* Okay, so redesigning the province's logo didn't help. But I've got a really good feeling about a license plate rebrand...

I jest. Of course I'll sign that petition. I love my local library to bits, but it's a wee little thing. I can picture quite vividly the detrimental effect this change will have on its ability to operate. On the bright side, every librarian I've ever known has been knowledgeable, articulate, and dang good at working miracles. In a showdown, I'd bet on them any day over that guy who's basically the opposite of those traits. He doesn't stand a chance. 

@Archer Thanks for your support! It means a lot to library staff when our patrons advocate for us. I have a feeling we'll get interlibrary loans back in some way, shape, or form...but probably not as extensively as we had previously. What really bothers me is that they didn't even consult libraries before slashing the budget of our services organization. And to add insult to injury, one of the ministers called them "arms-length agencies that don't have an impact on the day-to-day operations of libraries." Well, our book clubs are pretty much dead now, but thanks anyway for that reassuring statement.

On the other hand we get a new province slogan and new license plates! Woohoo...

Ok, so this is gonna sound really strange- but I put off getting my driver's licence for a couple of years, so now I have to go through Range at my local school. It's been giving me so much anxiety- and not for the obivous reasons. I feel like the kids are internally judging me for being so old- I feel like I'm trying to order off of the Kid's Menu after I turned 12.

16 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Ok, so this is gonna sound really strange- but I put off getting my driver's licence for a couple of years, so now I have to go through Range at my local school. It's been giving me so much anxiety- and not for the obivous reasons. I feel like the kids are internally judging me for being so old- I feel like I'm trying to order off of the Kid's Menu after I turned 12.

There's nothing wrong with getting your license later; I'm putting mine off too. I bet more people do it than you think! The others might be confused, but I doubt many judge you, and if any do...they're obviously slontzes. You're a cool human being, and if they don't bother to act like polite individuals, then that'll just hurt them later on.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

There is nothing wrong with that. I did not get my licence until many years after it was 1st possible for me to get it. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

Not sure where to put this.

I'm confused by the reason people are giving for why the upcoming Mickey Mouse ride at Disney World is being delayed to next year. Everyone is saying because the technology is new but it's just a trackless ride system with screens. It's not even the first time they've dabbled with this system since it's used for Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo (open since 2000) and the Ratatouille ride in Paris. Heck it's not even expensive to add or program since Sea World has one and many other theme parks with budgets smaller than Six Flags.

So since they've used the system for 4 rides already and a cheap theme park can program these with no hassle what's the jig with Disney Florida?