Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

19 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

Okay... me again.

So last night my parents severely limited my shard time, and now they’re getting after me for bad grades. It’s the beginning of the term, one teacher lost an assignment, won’t let me redo it, and is marking it “missing” so I’ve got a C in that class, and I flunked 2/3 band quizzes, which was stupid, because I worked my tail off practicing, and so there’s and F in that class... and my parents are threatening to take away reading and shard over the weekend if I can’t correct both, which is stupid, because the missing assignment thing, and my band teacher is going somewhere tomorrow and friday, so...

yeah...

edit: I also have a math test on parobolas tomorrow, which I suck at. Also, why do I need to know this? And don’t say i’m not going to have a calculator because if I ever need to do something like this I AM going to have one, math teacher.

Dang. Sorry, man. I can relate so much to this. Have a hug.

And taking away reading is not okay.

Not exactly a bad day thing but more an example of my mom trying to victimize herself, as in her being the poor mother with inconsiderate and horrible children (despite me being an adult)

Pretty much yesterday she had me grab the tape dispenser gun, one of those packing tape dispensers with a handle, and as soon as I got near her with the thing she's all "That hurt" and I go "huh?" trying to figure out if she accidentally got hit with the teeth to cut the tape or something else but she just yells "you stabbed me with your nails!" I look at the hand in question, and since I'm gripping the handle my nails would be pointed towards my palm and not extended out while my thumb is parallel the handle away from her, I ask in bewilderment "how!?" and she just goes on about me being ungrateful and never apologizing for anything done to her.

I am sick and tired of her crem dung attitude like this, especially when it comes to this tidbit: I'm genuine and truthful, she treats me like I'm a liar; I'm definitely lying or just going along not listening, she treats it as me being truthful.

Welp, there's a measles scare on the island, and my skin is all red and splotchy and itchy after the relatives flew in. I have my fingers crossed that it's some sort of horrible allergic reaction, maybe to the new soap I showered with recently. The Wikipedia article on measles is not fun reading material, let me tell you, and while I'm vaccinated against the disease the thought of it is still kicking my anxiety into high gear.

I'm taking antihistamines that are making it go down a little... but also making me feel lethargic. I wouldn't encourage anyone to send hugs my way until I'm a little more certain whether or not I have the horrible death-and-blindness virus. :mellow:

9 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Welp, there's a measles scare on the island, and my skin is all red and splotchy and itchy after the relatives flew in. I have my fingers crossed that it's some sort of horrible allergic reaction, maybe to the new soap I showered with recently. The Wikipedia article on measles is not fun reading material, let me tell you, and while I'm vaccinated against the disease the thought of it is still kicking my anxiety into high gear.

I'm taking antihistamines that are making it go down a little... but also making me feel lethargic. I wouldn't encourage anyone to send hugs my way until I'm a little more certain whether or not I have the horrible death-and-blindness virus. :mellow:

*mails hugbot to Hawaii*

On 2/12/2019 at 0:36 PM, Kobold King said:

*Sends hugs along with many caffeinated beverages for the lethargy*

On 2/12/2019 at 0:00 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Oh no! Being sick is the worst! That doesn't sound good at all. We'll just have to give you an IOU on the hugs, I guess. Feel better!

On 2/12/2019 at 7:02 PM, Slowswift said:

*mails hugbot to Hawaii*

11 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

*Sends hugs along with many caffeinated beverages for the lethargy*

It seems to be mostly gone now--it probably wasn't the measles. Thanks for the wishes, everyone. Especially you, Silverblade. Caffeinated beverages always help. :P

Okay so rant time.

I've been in hospital for a week and it's literally been awful. Most of the staff have been lovely, but being in hospital so young sucks. I'm 19. Last week I was in a four bed room, and then another four bed room, now I'm in a single. Being in the second four bed room with 3 elderly ladies until I got a single room was awful. One lady was nice but the other one was awful. 

She:

-got confused and took my phone while I was in the bathroom and my cousin stopped her.

-went to my food tray and almost touched my lunch (I got very nervous because I don't know what's on her hands)

-kept coming into my part of the bed cubicle when I was hinting 'I'm sick GO AWAY' (THE CURTAIN WAS DRAWN!!!) and was seconds from buzzing the nurse to tell the patient to go away. 

At least this week I have a bit more energy and I'm not as weak and not throwing up as much, not everyday. I'm so stressed and I've been having trouble walking. The doctors know this but I want my life back. I miss my job, I miss my best friend, I miss my karate lessons!! I miss my own bed! 

And as of now, 11pm, a man is yelling down the hall. shut. up. 

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

21 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

@Queen Elsa Steelheart

That sounds real rough. I can only imagine.

*Sends hugs with noise cancelling headphones that have a bluetooth podcast system*

I don't know what I'm more thankful for, the noise canceling headphones or hugs. :lol:

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

@Queen Elsa Steelheart

*hugs*
I'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope you will get better soon and can get back to your life! You can do it!

Thank you! *hugs*

On 2/15/2019 at 6:44 AM, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Okay so rant time.

I've been in hospital for a week and it's literally been awful. Most of the staff have been lovely, but being in hospital so young sucks. I'm 19. Last week I was in a four bed room, and then another four bed room, now I'm in a single. Being in the second four bed room with 3 elderly ladies until I got a single room was awful. One lady was nice but the other one was awful. 

She:

-got confused and took my phone while I was in the bathroom and my cousin stopped her.

-went to my food tray and almost touched my lunch (I got very nervous because I don't know what's on her hands)

-kept coming into my part of the bed cubicle when I was hinting 'I'm sick GO AWAY' (THE CURTAIN WAS DRAWN!!!) and was seconds from buzzing the nurse to tell the patient to go away. 

At least this week I have a bit more energy and I'm not as weak and not throwing up as much, not everyday. I'm so stressed and I've been having trouble walking. The doctors know this but I want my life back. I miss my job, I miss my best friend, I miss my karate lessons!! I miss my own bed! 

*mails hugbot to Australia*

*at least, I think it's Australia...*

*attaches homing beacon and jetpack to hugbot and chucks it off cliff*

Best of luck in your recovery! :) 

Edited by Slowswift

On 2/15/2019 at 6:44 AM, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Okay so rant time.

She:

This won't last forever. I don't know how long it'll take, but sooner or later you'll be discharged, and you'll get to go back to your job, your friends, your karate lessons, and your own bed. This is just something you have to get through. It'll suck in the meantime, but it's not permanent. 

In the meantime, have a pug hug. 

Spoiler

f348f9776ab14845fcf71c74481d704e.jpg?q=7

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Okay so rant time.

She:

I relate to you, I was put in the hospital about a year and a half ago at age 15, it was awful. I couldn't eat because my body rejected basically any food and I ended up with a feeding tube for a while. I was literally starving to death until that point and being in the hospital was so awful, you feel like the world is passing by you and you can't do anything to catch up with it. I hope you get better soon. *Hugs*

I left my notes for a class at school for over the weekend.

I have a test in that class on Thursday.

School for tomorrow was cancelled.

I have none of my handwritten notes to study from.

(Yes, the teacher does upload class notes online, so I'm not completely dead, but it's a pain to access)

18 minutes ago, Silva said:

I left my notes for a class at school for over the weekend.

I have a test in that class on Thursday.

School for tomorrow was cancelled.

I have none of my handwritten notes to study from.

(Yes, the teacher does upload class notes online, so I'm not completely dead, but it's a pain to access)

Oy vey. *Hugs* hang in there!!

On 18/02/2019 at 3:18 PM, Slowswift said:

*mails hugbot to Australia*

*at least, I think it's Australia...*

*attaches homing beacon and jetpack to hugbot and chucks it off cliff*

Best of luck in your recovery! :) 

Thank you! I appreciate the support. 

22 hours ago, SandersonFanderson said:

I relate to you, I was put in the hospital about a year and a half ago at age 15, it was awful. I couldn't eat because my body rejected basically any food and I ended up with a feeding tube for a while. I was literally starving to death until that point and being in the hospital was so awful, you feel like the world is passing by you and you can't do anything to catch up with it. I hope you get better soon. *Hugs*

I threw up six times. I felt awful and totally sympathise with you. I was on a clear fluid diet for a bit and that was literally was a popsicle, vegetable broth and apple juice. I am never having vegetable broth ever again. All I wanted was scrambled eggs and I was starving too.

The good news is that today after 13 days in hospital, I was discharged! I am finally back in real life and not just the hospital walls. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Still taking it easy even though its very very exciting!

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart