Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

Last night I heard loud clacking, like the sound of dog nails on hardwood. (THAT sound. All dog owners know it. It was probably my rats in their cage, amplified and thrown into the hallway somehow, I don't know.) My family's golden has been dead since the November before last, but for a second I thought it was him. Of course it wasn't, and I cried into my pillow. This morning I got a bloody nose in my school parking lot, bled into the snow while failing to find a tissue or anything in my backpack, and was therefore late to first period (or fifth, whatever) while waiting for it to stop, unable to go inside. Not as bad as many people, I know, but it made my life worse, so...yeah.

9 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Last night I heard loud clacking, like the sound of dog nails on hardwood. (THAT sound. All dog owners know it. It was probably my rats in their cage, amplified and thrown into the hallway somehow, I don't know.) My family's golden has been dead since the November before last, but for a second I thought it was him. Of course it wasn't, and I cried into my pillow. This morning I got a bloody nose in my school parking lot, bled into the snow while failing to find a tissue or anything in my backpack, and was therefore late to first period (or fifth, whatever) while waiting for it to stop, unable to go inside. Not as bad as many people, I know, but it made my life worse, so...yeah.

Aww... I’m sorry. Something cool I did find out in seminary is that Joseph Smith saw animals in heaven, so you’ll see him/her again someday, if you believe in that. I bet they’re waiting for you to come up so they can give you a big kiss.

And sorry about the bloody noses... those aren’t fun.

I'm doing a 10 week internship in a chemistry lab. We didn't have the chemicals I needed for the project I was assigned when I started and had to order them from overseas, so I did 6 weeks of odd jobs around the lab. I've done 2 weeks of the project I was assigned now, and have very little to show for it. I think I've made 2 of the things we were hoping to make, but have yet to run a successful measurement on either of them because they're not soluble in anything and some of our machines are playing up. Yesterday morning I started a reaction that looked like it would be easy, and should have taken 4 or 5 hours. It's now 3.30pm on day 2, and I haven't managed to isolate the solid that should have precipitated out yesterday morning. I have to give a presentation next Friday and I haven't got any results to talk about yet, 8 weeks in to my project.

Rant over, I'm just very frustrated right now.

59 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Oh dang. Bloody noses are not fun, or being late. I get the bloody nose thing, even the part about failing to find tissues. So I proffer a virtual hug of empathy.

Sigh.

Just, life.

My church ward split today, separating me from all of my friends there, including one of my best friends that I really only see at church.

I only cried for 10 minutes, surprisingly.

There’s a lot of other stuff too, but most of it I don’t feel comfortable sharing, and I’m not confident that most people on here would understand it.

Edited by Jaywalk

Okay... me again.

So last night my parents severely limited my shard time, and now they’re getting after me for bad grades. It’s the beginning of the term, one teacher lost an assignment, won’t let me redo it, and is marking it “missing” so I’ve got a C in that class, and I flunked 2/3 band quizzes, which was stupid, because I worked my tail off practicing, and so there’s and F in that class... and my parents are threatening to take away reading and shard over the weekend if I can’t correct both, which is stupid, because the missing assignment thing, and my band teacher is going somewhere tomorrow and friday, so...

yeah...

edit: I also have a math test on parobolas tomorrow, which I suck at. Also, why do I need to know this? And don’t say i’m not going to have a calculator because if I ever need to do something like this I AM going to have one, math teacher.

Edited by Inklingspren