Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

...I don't know much about pugs, but thinking one's going to literally die if he doesn't get to hang out with other pugs right away is a little extreme, yes? :huh:

He probably meant it in an emotional sense, but still. It's like every time the thought of my moving out crosses his mind, he has to use Bruce as leverage to remind me why I have to stay close.

Bruce will make new friends on the walks you're gonne go with him on. Or you can get a cat to keep him company ;)

I would, if I weren't allergic. :( And thanks for the support, everyone. It just frustrates me that I probably won't have much choice where I move—I've been looking since May and Algona is the first serious chance I've had—and my parents are making it sound like I'm choosing to give Bruce a crummy life when I could move him to Spokane where everything will be hearts and rainbows and unicorns. <_<

Twi just remember it's not about Bruce. It's about having leverage against you.

Besides, a few months ago Bruce didn't know Bruno and Mollie at all. He'll make new friends. And he has you.

On a totally separate note, how are you allergic to cats but not dogs? Isn't it all fur?

Edited by Delightful

Besides, a few months ago Bruce didn't know Bruno and Mollie at all. He'll make new friends. And he has you.

On a totally separate note, how are you allergic to cats but not dogs? Isn't it all fur?

I know that's what they're doing—that they know they can't get to me by talking about the problems I'll have anymore, so they're using Bruce's problems—but I'd be lying if I said it never worked. :wacko: I'll try and introduce him to some other dogs in the neighborhood, wherever I move. 

8eExIIa.gif

My allergies are like most Western governments: "This random thing is evil and must be eliminated at all costs!….but this similar and equally random thing is fine."

I emailed the teacher, and I think I have the number of one person in my class.

Hopefully someone will get back to you today and get you the info you need.

It's actually pretty common to be allergic to one and not the other - usually people aren't allergic to the fur itself, but the proteins the animal produces and the dander.  In fact, cat allergies seem to be a lot more common than dog allergies.

Cat allergies seem more concerned with cat saliva instead of fur...funny thing, too, is that sometimes, a person with cat allergies can develop immunity to specific cats while being still allergic to the general cat population.

Yes. We've got a cat, and I'm fine with him, but we also recently got a new cat, and for a while my head felt like it was on Mjolnir's receiving end. :wacko:

"I'd rather you be in the top 15%"

I.

ok

The cuddly cobras think you're awesome as you are.

hugs.png

(Think those adorable cobras are the best thing ever?  Go read a webcomic called Skin Horse!  You won't regret it.)

Edited by Kaymyth

Why? Does it really matter that much? It's three percent, and you're doing well as is.

To parents like that, it doesn't matter how well their kids are doing, because they could always be doing a little better. Get a B, and they say "it stands for 'could have BEEN an A.'" Get an A, and they ask why it's a 91% instead of a 100%. Get a 100% in the class they've been harping on, and they zero in on the teacher's comments for another class that are slightly less than glowing. Bring home all A's for the semester, and they'll ask why you're not doing any extracurricular activities.