The Church of Wayne

I used to live in Colorado and made some friends in Kansas, near the KC side. I used to be part of a global club that is pure geek, and that region is rife with it for sure lolol it'll be nice. I prefer geek culture to this quasi-hipster world I'm tapped in currently.

Once I'm in my uhaul...

as Ruin one said, "I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE"

Edited by Shadowfax

I used to live in Colorado and made some friends in Kansas, near the KC side. I used to be pay off a global club that is pure geek, and that region is rife with it for sure lolol it'll be nice. I prefer geek culture to this quasi-hipster world I'm tapped in currently.

Once I'm in my uhaul...

as Ruin one said, "I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE"

:D

Oh, and since you're a writerly type...

psssst - Kansas City is getting WorldCon this year!

Oooooooooooooh. Now that would be awesome. I'll check out the volunteering. I was a volunteer at GenCon one of the years I went and it was fun.

EDIT:

p.s. May I be the caretaker of Wayne's Linguistic Relativity?

Edited by Shadowfax

Oooooooooooooh. Now that would be awesome. I'll check out the volunteering. I was a volunteer at GenCon one of the years I went and it was fun.

EDIT:

p.s. May I be the caretaker of Wayne's Linguistic Relativity?

They're definitely pushing for volunteers right now.  I'm in on the docket and have been unofficially "claimed" by the head of Member Services.  Though beware, the membership prices for WorldCon (this year's being called MidAmericaCon II) are a lot higher than regular cons.  But I'm pretty stoked about getting to vote in the Hugo Awards.

Linguistic Relativity?  Absolutely!  Morzathoth, make it so!

6.Trade for silver.

But, all I have is this nifty stick what squirts ink from the end if you scratch paper with it!

They're definitely pushing for volunteers right now. I'm in on the docket and have been unofficially "claimed" by the head of Member Services. Though beware, the membership prices for WorldCon (this year's being called MidAmericaCon II) are a lot higher than regular cons. But I'm pretty stoked about getting to vote in the Hugo Awards.

Linguistic Relativity? Absolutely! Morzathoth, make it so!

Does being a volunteer not dock some of the cost? It did at GenCon. Hmmm. Dangit, I REALLY need to get to that con!

And yes! I love this theory. Even though the part of it that describes Wayne so perfectly has been all but debunked on Earth, I think it still fits. Scadrial isn't Earth. I think Wayne himself would argue FOR Linguistic Relativity. In fact, I think during parts of his conversations he has, in some way. I would have to run off to find quotes, which I can't do atm, but I will try to remember to do so at some point :D

Edited by Shadowfax

But, all I have is this nifty stick what squirts ink from the end if you scratch paper with it!

Does being a volunteer not dock some of the cost? It did at GenCon. Hmmm. Dangit, I REALLY need to get to that con!

And yes! I love this theory. Even though the part of it that describes Wayne so perfectly has been all but debunked on Earth, I think it still fits. Scadrial isn't Earth. I think Wayne himself would argue FOR Linguistic Relativity. In fact, I think during parts of his conversations he has, in some way. I would have to run off to find quotes, which I can't do atm, but I will try to remember to do so at some point :D

It theoretically will, but they have to make sure that they bring in enough money to offset the reimbursement first.  I think they always do, but they won't guarantee it because you never know when something really bad might happen.  So you have to pony up first and wait until after con for a refund.

Heeee.  I may have actually inserted an anagram into the fanfic novel I'm putting the finishing touches on.  I figured hey, if Brandon can get away with all of those puns and Wayne's (deliberate?) linguistic misunderstandings, I can get away with a gorram anagram.

It theoretically will, but they have to make sure that they bring in enough money to offset the reimbursement first.  I think they always do, but they won't guarantee it because you never know when something really bad might happen.  So you have to pony up first and wait until after con for a refund.

Heeee.  I may have actually inserted an anagram into the fanfic novel I'm putting the finishing touches on.  I figured hey, if Brandon can get away with all of those puns and Wayne's (deliberate?) linguistic misunderstandings, I can get away with a gorram anagram.

I'm fairly certain they're all deliberate. Wayne is the smartest person in those books (nah, I'm not biased at all xD). I want to see him go toe-to-toe with Jasnah. I'd PAY to watch that. As a warm-up, sparring with Shallan for giggles.

Ewww, wait till after? Welp, I better get saving and cross my fingers I can make it work. Plus side, I probably won't have to spring for hotel or anything, the commute wouldn't be so bad.

I'm fairly certain they're all deliberate. Wayne is the smartest person in those books (nah, I'm not biased at all xD). I want to see him go toe-to-toe with Jasnah. I'd PAY to watch that. As a warm-up, sparring with Shallan for giggles.

Ewww, wait till after? Welp, I better get saving and cross my fingers I can make it work. Plus side, I probably won't have to spring for hotel or anything, the commute wouldn't be so bad.

I'm not afraid to admit that by the time I finished Alloy of Law, I had a hopeless crush on Wayne.  If he weren't fictional, and I weren't married...  :ph34r:

Yeah, it's a bit painful, but I get why they have to do it that way.  Every year's WorldCon is its own corporate entity, so budget things get pretty wibbly-wobbly.  Admittedly, I'm springing for a hotel room, but I'm also going to be cosplaying the hell out things and driving in a corset is such a pain.

*slides gracefully into church, looks around*

Nope, no one here.

*slides Kay's WorldCon ticket into my pocket*

That there is just a bit o' paper. What with fancy writing on it, but I am doing a favor not making her run around all weekend in a corset. This should be a fair trade. And no driving in it neither.

*places a bus pass on the table in exchange, then saunters off*

------

<sigh> LOL if only it were that easy ;D

*slides gracefully into church, looks around*

Nope, no one here.

*slides Kay's WorldCon ticket into my pocket*

That there is just a bit o' paper. What with fancy writing on it, but I am doing a favor not making her run around all weekend in a corset. This should be a fair trade. And no driving in it neither.

*places a bus pass on the table in exchange, then saunters off*

------

<sigh> LOL if only it were that easy ;D

Yeeeeah.  My WorldCon "ticket" is virtual.  Even Wayne would have trouble figuring out how to lift that one.  :lol:

Shucks! It was SUCH a great plan xD I'm sure he's working on a way to logic the computer into giving it to him though >.>

I'm trying to imagine Wayne using a computer.  I'm pretty sure his reaction would be, "Rust!  Someone's found a way to copy Steris's brain into a shiny box!"

I'm trying to imagine Wayne using a computer.  I'm pretty sure his reaction would be, "Rust!  Someone's found a way to copy Steris's brain into a shiny box!"

LOLOLOLOL He's probably pacing the room, trying to offer it pickles in trade for information. The rusting thing just blinks at him impassively. Maybe poor computer needs a good hat.

• 2 weeks later...

May I join yous all?  I have a certain, penchant, for accents. (Might go as far to say that I'm a treasurer thereof...)

same here.  I've been playing with Kiwi accents lately.

You're both welcome so far as I'm concerned.  Morzathoth will have to add you to the roster since he's the one who started the thread.

Dear untainted child. How can you remain as your name implies while attending the church of Wayne? Have you not heard of our glorious leader's exploits? His adventures should leave one quite tainted I should say.

Ooh! Hay Murasaki! I'll trade you a spoon and a burning candle for that kiwi accent you got there!

Edited by Alomantisist