What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

I finally saw Assassin's Creed now that it's arrived at my local discount theater.

My reaction to it was rather similar to my reaction to Jupiter Ascending: The plot was kinda flimsy, but I had so much FUN watching the awesome parkour fight scenes and admiring the cool Assassin outfits that I didn't really care about plot holes. Plus I enjoy seeing Michael Fassbender in just about anything. XD

On 2/15/2017 at 5:21 AM, Sunbird said:

I finally saw Assassin's Creed now that it's arrived at my local discount theater.

My reaction to it was rather similar to my reaction to Jupiter Ascending: The plot was kinda flimsy, but I had so much FUN watching the awesome parkour fight scenes and admiring the cool Assassin outfits that I didn't really care about plot holes. Plus I enjoy seeing Michael Fassbender in just about anything. XD

Think we'll have to disagree there: I found the action scenes in that movie interminably dull. :mellow:

Anyhow... I'm still trying to get caught up in the DCCW. :wacko: I am losing credibility as an Arrow-fan. 

Besides that, though, mostly been watching anime lately. I've finally started Jojo's Bizarre Adventure after having had it recommended for a while, and this season I've been watching Konosuba and BanG Dream

1 hour ago, Briar King said:

Are you talking about the one with actor from 1st Fan Four movies? If so that was a great show and they made a mistake canceling it after 1 season. 

I don't know 1st Fan Four, but from what you're saying, probably. Yeah, they cancelled it after the first season because I think the actors had other commitments or something and it was annoying.

@A Budgie @Briar King Re: Forever, Ioan Gruffudd, the actor who plays Henry Morgan, was also Mr Fantastic/Reed Richards in the two Fantastic Four movies where Chris Evans was the Human Torch. I too watched Forever and thought it was an excellent show that deserved more than just a single season. Some of the episodes actually had me in tears.

16 hours ago, Left said:

I've been getting back into Legends, a show where so far Sean Bean hasn't died. 

Ive been thinking about starting Longmire, but I don't really know much about the show. Anyone seen it?

Longmire is great. Kinda a cowboys and Indians hybrid cop case of the week show. It's height is S3 it's last season on A&E. I haven't finished S5 yet.

5 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Just began rewatching The Lord of the Rings, all three Extended Editions. Not going to watch it all in one sitting I'm sure, but I don't know exactly how much I will watch.

I like the xtended cuts but I'm so happy those didn't play at movies...sitting through the regular was pushing my limit each time.

1 hour ago, Briar King said:

I like the xtended cuts but I'm so happy those didn't play at movies...sitting through the regular was pushing my limit each time.

I pretty much have no limits when it comes to an epic movie. They could be 5-6 hours and I'd probably see them in the theater.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

I pretty much have no limits when it comes to an epic movie. They could be 5-6 hours and I'd probably see them in the theater.

Agreed. We don't need shorter movies. We need to bring back the intermission. Like Ben Hur or Ten Commandments where it is built right into the movie like a commercial break. Just think of the increase in concession sales if people weren't worried about missing the movie. Sure I get a free refill, but am I gonna miss 2 mins of Star Wars to make good on that deal? Hell no. 

On 2/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, Left said:

Ive been thinking about starting Longmire, but I don't really know much about the show. Anyone seen it?

YOU'VE JINXED IT!!!

Im watching Fortitude, creepy happenings on a Norwegian rock haha 

On 2/19/2017 at 3:53 PM, Left said:

Love Longmire. It's a decent show. Has a very human feel to it, and it's nice to see a cop show about story, compassion,  and helping people. 

On 2/25/2017 at 10:38 PM, Jondesu said:

I'm talk mostly about my leg issues 3 hrs in a little seat gets a bit uncomfortable. That said we got a new theater last yr with nice reclining seats so Avatar 2 when it comes might not be as bad. That's 3 hrs as well I think or close