What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

21 hours ago, Briar King said:

Finished Luke Cage. LOVED IT!

19 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

In my opinion, it's easily the strongest of the three Netflix/Marvel series. I loved every moment of it.

Agreed. I enjoyed every minute of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the last episode of the new season of Supernatural.  That was a decent season, and I'm hoping they don't have yet another world ending thing happen directly after this one.

I'm curious if they're going to finally expand on the previous owners of their home.

I went down nostalgia's wondering lane and watched the entire Spiderman animated show from the nineties. I used to love that show way back when, but I never saw any episode past the second part "The return of Hydroman".

Finally, I have closure.

Of a sort.

I just recently finished Longmire season 3. Tbh, things seem to be getting downhill there.

Anyway, does anyone know some similar serials (crime, drama, detective, social issue) ? Preferably where the good side wins (I don't like tragedies, like Chinatown).

10 hours ago, Hood said:

I just recently finished Longmire season 3. Tbh, things seem to be getting downhill there.

Anyway, does anyone know some similar serials (crime, drama, detective, social issue) ? Preferably where the good side wins (I don't like tragedies, like Chinatown).

I've found Castle, starring Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame, to be highly enjoyable. The show has at least 3 of the 4 qualities you said you were looking for--all except possibly "social issue." (Although Nathan Fillion's character is divorced and has a teenage daughter, so maybe that counts.)

Watched the second Underworld movie last night and was rather amused to recognize three actors from Doctor Who. Bill Nighy, who was the museum curator in the episode with Vincent van Gogh; Tony Curran, who was Vincent van Gogh in the same episode; and Derek Jacobi, who was the Master before he opened his pocket watch and turned into John Simm.

11 hours ago, Briar King said:

The Crown hit Netflix today. Just got done with ep 3. It really is quite good though a little slow at times. So far worth it though.

Question! 

My family is really interested in watching The Crown, but we're hesitant to start it because of its Mature rating. So far I haven't found anywhere that has a content advisory for the show written( not surprising sonde it did Just come out). 

So what's the content? 

5 hours ago, LeftVash said:

Question! 

My family is really interested in watching The Crown, but we're hesitant to start it because of its Mature rating. So far I haven't found anywhere that has a content advisory for the show written( not surprising sonde it did Just come out). 

So what's the content? 

Most I've seen is Matt Smiths butt in a kinda comedic way. There's some light kissing and Lang. Prob mature cause of gore(surgury bit) I guess. Up to ep3 anyways

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Hood said:

Castle meets your criteria. A fun show. Also Elementary is very good.

I watched Luke Cage and would recommend it. 

I'm watching Mr. Robot right now. It is...okay. but there's a self awareness and predictability to it that I honestly dislike. 

I feel like it is one of those shows that isn't clever enough for me to like, nor are the characters likeable enough for me to be emotionally invested. Kinda like Breaking Bad.

Just finished Dark Matter on netflix.  God-am that show is compelling!  I have to wait till next year to find out what happens next, but I want to know now!

I was holding off on it for the longest time, because that whole amnesia thing is so played out.  But they did a good job on this show.  Its having their old lives (old lives they don't want) catching up to them, and them running away from most of it.

And I honestly found the android to be adorable.

I went and saw Doctor Strange in theaters today!!! Absolutely fantastic. A bit of a head trip, particularly when the Ancient One is first giving Strange a crash course in "You have no idea how much you don't know about the universe," but highly enjoyable. At first it was super weird to hear Benedict Cumberbatch talking like an American since I'm so used to seeing and hearing him in the role of Sherlock, but by the end of the movie it didn't seem so weird anymore. I LOL'd a lot, especially once the Cloak of Levitation came onscreen. It's so sassy. XD

And I caught a couple of subtle references to Sherlock:

Spoiler

Near the beginning, while Strange is performing a surgery, being quizzed on music trivia and getting all the answers right, one of the other surgeons asks him how he remembers all this "useless knowledge." Sherlock, on the other hand, is ignorant of many common-knowledge facts that he sees as "useless" (like the organization of the solar system) because he is reserving mental space for knowledge that's relevant to crimesolving.

Spoiler

When Strange wears the Cloak of Levitation, he pops the collar up just like Sherlock does with his coat.

3 hours ago, mattig89ch said:

Just finished Dark Matter on netflix.  God-am that show is compelling!  I have to wait till next year to find out what happens next, but I want to know now!

I was holding off on it for the longest time, because that whole amnesia thing is so played out.  But they did a good job on this show.  Its having their old lives (old lives they don't want) catching up to them, and them running away from most of it.

And I honestly found the android to be adorable.

DM is a great show. I can't wait till S3! Idk if Killjoys is on Netflix also but that is another winner once you get past ep3. They play the same night on SyFy when new. Both great tv

you can get killjoys dvd's off netlifx, but no streaming.

The writers of dark matter are evil geniuses.  Ending their episodes the way they do.  Geniuses, because you want to know what happens next!  Evil because if they ever get canceled, that ending would drive us fans nuts!

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Tell me this Logan trailer doesn't look good....

Wish granted:

This Logan trailer doesn't look good.

Now that your wish is granted, I can speak my opinion: I don't know what to say. I usually avoid trailers; this one is good, doesn't give much away, music created a nice feel. Made me a little curious and not even little furious, so that's a good trailer.

24 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Wish granted:

This Logan trailer doesn't look good.

Now that your wish is granted, I can speak my opinion: I don't know what to say. I usually avoid trailers; this one is good, doesn't give much away, music created a nice feel. Made me a little curious and not even little furious, so that's a good trailer.

That music is Johnny Cash if I'm not mistaken.