What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Lupin III Part 4. Now that is a good show. You couldn't fit any more style into it if you tried. It's an amazingly well rounded series, it has an episodic format but also an overarching plot. It has comedy episodes, action episodes, some heartwarming ones too and throw a couple spooky ones for good measure. I think this franchise may be akin to Doctor Who in the sense that as long as the main premise stays the same, anything can happen. We have a thief, his companions, and the detective hunting him. Respect those variables and you can do anything with the plot. This ranges from simple heist stories to nation-wide sci-fantasy conspirations.

There was this one episode that made me cry too. Not manly tear rolling down my cheek cry, but straight up taking my glasses off and looking for tissues cry. I just find it interesting that this happened with an episodic format. Some characters that I had known for 20 minutes broke my heart so easily and I see that as a sign of good writing.

Excited for the rest of the series. I'm new to this so I think I'll watch Part 5 and then go back to 1, 2, and 3. If everything is half as good as this I may just become a fan for life.

On a different note, I rewatched Kung Pow: Enter the Fist after like, a decade since the last time. I may have been 12 years old when I last watched this, maybe younger. Seeing it so many years later, I think I just found where my sense of humor comes from.

EVERYONE!

Go watch Peacemaker. You will not regret it.  Well, unless you make the mistake of watching it with any children in the room.  Lots of regrets there...

But it's one of the best shows I've watched in a long time, and by a WIDE margin the best thing in the DCEU.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm out of all TV Shows. The Book of Boba Fett was the last I watched. I will read your thread, maybe I will find something interesting.I have finished watching Kingsman 2021 and consider it a waste of time. The only plus point in the movie is Rasputin. The movie is too long and boring

Finished my yearly rewatch of Your Lie in April. Watching this series is pure torture, and no matter how many times I watch it, I never develop a resistance. The whole thing was heartbreaking 6 years ago and still is today. But I can't help but coming back to it. It's also a huge source of motivation for me and it played a big part in the person I am today. Absolute masterpiece and my all-time favorite anime. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to re-hydrate myself after the huge loss of liquid this series represents.

Been up to a few things these last weeks. Watched all of Matrix. They're fun. I like the aesthetic but I can't help but think this was tailor made for the generation before me. They felt a little bit underwhelming. 

I was extremely surprised in the best of ways when I found out Belle was going to come to theaters in my city, so of course I went. It's only February but there's a good chance that will be my favorite movie this year.

Watched Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City. This might be the first time I'm genuinely disappointed by an adaptation. This had massive amounts of potential, but the characters are different to the games in all but name. Well, the atmosphere was cool and the locations were on point so I'll probably re-watch it from time to time just for that. 

Also, watched Encanto tonight. It was cute. Can't help comparing it with Coco and in that regard I think I liked Encanto more. The third act was strangely short but I really, really like the characters. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Regent said:

Yeah someone told me that too :// Ah well, still looking forward to see where it goes nonetheless.

You should also know that S2 diverges from the manga, apparently for the worse. It apparently skips well-loved arcs from the manga, and the story is apparently not as good as what the manga has either. 

I'm seeing that now. I'm already at ep 8 and I've noticed that some arcs/context just seem...missing? The events happening in the story are just so sudden, almost like it goes from point A to point C out of nowhere, I'll be honest. 

Season 1 was amazing. I suppose I'll just try to read the manga to get the full story of s2 then.

Edited by Regent