What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

Saw Toy Story 4 today. It was pretty good and had a message about moving on.

As much as I like the Toy Story films I’m just at the point of “can you guys please stop it with Toy Story already?” I mean whenever anything Pixar happens the go to film is always Toy Story since the first thing from Pixar that entered the theme parks was a Buzz ride followed by Woody’s Round Up at the Golden Horseshoe followed by Toy Story Midway Mania and now the various Toy Story Lands around the world. Pretty much I’m getting Toy Story fatigue and would rather watch something else before they ever make a Toy Story 5.

Caught up with The 100, now I need to catch up on Season 5 (and then Season 6) of Agents of SHIELD, Season 3 of Daredevil, Seasons 1 & 2 of Konsuba.

Had a movie outing/date planned, but was rescheduled due to weather complications which later turned out to not be so complicated. 

Want to start Brooklyn 99 soon because the YouTube clips have me DYING. 

4 hours ago, Draginon said:

Saw Toy Story 4 today. It was pretty good and had a message about moving on.

As much as I like the Toy Story films I’m just at the point of “can you guys please stop it with Toy Story already?” I mean whenever anything Pixar happens the go to film is always Toy Story since the first thing from Pixar that entered the theme parks was a Buzz ride followed by Woody’s Round Up at the Golden Horseshoe followed by Toy Story Midway Mania and now the various Toy Story Lands around the world. Pretty much I’m getting Toy Story fatigue and would rather watch something else before they ever make a Toy Story 5.

Planning to see this tomorrow and I'm actually really looking forward to it. I don't usually do Pixar sequels, see Cars, but Toy Story has been pretty refreshing. I get that there would probably be some fatigue after so long though.

41 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Caught up with The 100, now I need to catch up on Season 5 (and then Season 6) of Agents of SHIELD, Season 3 of Daredevil, Seasons 1 & 2 of Konsuba.

Had a movie outing/date planned, but was rescheduled due to weather complications which later turned out to not be so complicated. 

I meant to catch up with The 100 but I'd genuinely need a full days watch to even get remotely close. I'm usually good with AoS too but I've fell off the wagon. I'm not doing very well in staying up to date unless its Handmaids Tale these days....

16 hours ago, Wander89 said:

I'm usually good with AoS too but I've fell off the wagon.

Season 4 was the best I've watched so far. How they split up the season into smaller, distinct, yet still connected arcs was phenomenal. Season 5 has been tough for me to get into, but I'm trying. I'm trying to stay away from Season 6 spoilers. 

16 hours ago, Wander89 said:

I meant to catch up with The 100 but I'd genuinely need a full days watch to even get remotely close.

Take your time! The later seasons are great but I also kinda miss the simpler times of Season 2 and even a little of Season 3...

18 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Brooklyn 99 is fantastic!  One of my favorite comedies.  I'm not caught up on the new season, but I really enjoyed 1-5.

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Season 4 was the best I've watched so far. How they split up the season into smaller, distinct, yet still connected arcs was phenomenal. Season 5 has been tough for me to get into, but I'm trying. I'm trying to stay away from Season 6 spoilers. 

Take your time! The later seasons are great but I also kinda miss the simpler times of Season 2 and even a little of Season 3...

The later AoS seasons are pretty great, it was a slow burner but the payoff is definitely worth it. There's just too many shows to catch up on, really want to get caught up with The Expanse!

On Netflix im binge watching Supernatural Season 14 and that new Mary and the Witch Flower anime moie.

then for my regular DVDs and blu ray and VHS

-Mom and Dad Save the World VHS

-The Book Club DVD

-watching the bonus features on the Special extended edition DVDs of The Hobbit Battle of Five Armies.  Also rewatching the bonus features for Hobbit Unexpected Journey for the surprise visit of the Gimli acting checking up on the dwarves actors

I finished Good Omens (Amazon original series) recently and loved it. I haven't read the book, but I'll get around to that at some point.

I also finished Steven Universe recently and loved it also. Very very very good once you get past the stuff at the beginning that's more or less just filler.

8 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Been watching Too Old to Die Young on Amazon.  I adore the world of NWR, and this is like a 15 hour NWR film, so I'm digging it!

It's out already?! Totally missed that. So it's actually like OGF/TND in very long?

13 hours ago, Elegy said:

It's out already?! Totally missed that. So it's actually like OGF/TND in very long?

It definitely feels like it.  Each episode can be self contained, but they're painting a broader canvas.  If you like his previous works you'll probably dig the show!  I'm up to episode 4 now.  3 is easily the best of the trio I've watched.  

In the past week I've watched:

Manhattan. It was pretty good. The dialogue was a lot of fun. My second Woody Allen film after Midnight in Paris.

I'm 3/4s through the new Netflix She-Ra show which has been enjoyable to watch with my younger sibling.

The first season of Final Space wasn't too bad. The animation was surprisingly fluid but I felt at times the writing and characters were lacking. Not as sharp or clever as Rick and Morty but also slightly less mean-spirited which was a nice change of pace.

The Revenant which despite having a wonderful performance by Tom Hardy overall felt like an empty drag.

The Death of Stalin which worked better as a drama than as a comedy. The performances were delightful. Simon Russell Beale as the Penguin, anyone?

The Florida Project was an interesting film with a perfect cast. Though I felt the characterisation of the adults was a bit too peripheral and could have dived deeper into the characters.

Robocop (1987) was a very interesting film for me. It's certainly raised my interest to finally watch Starship Troopers.

Also I've never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion but it's now on Netflix. My understanding is the show itself is fantastic but is the dub any good? 

Saw Yesterday yesterday. It’s okay, definitely a one and done film since I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it on dvd. The best way to describe this movie is that it seemed like they wanted to make a romance but they wanted a gimmick and chose ‘what if the Beatles never formed’. They did include the fact that if you erase one thing from history other things have to be erased as well, because of influence, but some of the ones chosen seemed arbitrary because a couple were around before the Beatles (coke and cigarettes) while one I have no clue what connection it would have (Harry Potter).

3 hours ago, Draginon said:

Saw Yesterday yesterday. It’s okay, definitely a one and done film since I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it on dvd. The best way to describe this movie is that it seemed like they wanted to make a romance but they wanted a gimmick and chose ‘what if the Beatles never formed’. They did include the fact that if you erase one thing from history other things have to be erased as well, because of influence, but some of the ones chosen seemed arbitrary because a couple were around before the Beatles (coke and cigarettes) while one I have no clue what connection it would have (Harry Potter).

With all the "musical" films out recently (A Star is Born, Greatest Showman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman), I happen to find myself quite interested in the concept of this but also not really bothering at the same time. It sure looks like a fun film that I could enjoy but I'm not really trying to go out my way to see it.

Just finished yet another rewatch of Parks and Recreation. I'm also slowly getting through Star Trek DS9.

I need to find some new stuff to watch, but I need something that's on the level of "you can draw and halfway pay attention to the show and still understand it."

1 hour ago, Kestrel said:

I need to find some new stuff to watch, but I need something that's on the level of "you can draw and halfway pay attention to the show and still understand it."

Would the Office work for that?

6 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

I tried the Office. Couldn't really get into it? I've heard it's hard to get into though, so maybe I need to give it a few more episodes.

It starts off kinda just ok-ish but gets way better a couple of episodes in. I’d recommend watching a few more, as it is really worth it.