What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dragon Prince created by the people who did Avatar the Last Airbender. It's pretty fun so far, but has some definite flaws. A far cry from The Last Airbender, but at least it has more direction than most of Korra; even if the direction is simple (get the last dragon egg where it needs to be). I'm two episodes from the finale of what they've got out at the moment.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:28 PM, Ammanas said:

The Dragon Prince created by the people who did Avatar the Last Airbender. It's pretty fun so far, but has some definite flaws. A far cry from The Last Airbender, but at least it has more direction than most of Korra; even if the direction is simple (get the last dragon egg where it needs to be). I'm two episodes from the finale of what they've got out at the moment.

I finished it last week. I enjoyed it, but it just feels like Part 1 of a much larger scale story.

On 29.12.2018 at 4:28 AM, Ammanas said:

Is it worth watching it? I don't have too much time on my hands, and I'm a bit unsure. I enjoyed The Last Airbender a lot, but how grave are the flaws you mentioned?

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Is it worth watching it?

I would keep a eye on the series and wait for it to be completed before starting it. Like another person said not much is resolved in this first season and its more of a long prologue than anything else.  There are characters, humor and situations that come up that will remind you of Avatar only a lesser version of it. All in all I'm interested to see where it goes and don't feel that I wasted my time and yet I was hoping for a little more out of the show. 

@Ammanas @Sorana As a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I was rather disappointed with The Dragon Prince. But I recently watched the new She-Ra reboot, and...well, it's not Avatar, because nothing is Avatar. But it's a lot closer to Avatar, in terms both of quality of writing and of how much it adheres to the high fantasy genre, than The Dragon Prince is. Some of the early episodes aren't great, but the back half of the season (episodes 8-13) is really good.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:35 AM, Sorana said:

Is it worth watching it? I don't have too much time on my hands, and I'm a bit unsure. I enjoyed The Last Airbender a lot, but how grave are the flaws you mentioned?

It’s totally worth watching. It’s 9 30 minutes eps so not really time consuming to do. Very interesting world they set up that could very well be even larger in scope then Avatar if Netflix lets them run with it.

On 1/9/2019 at 0:49 PM, Briar King said:

It’s totally worth watching. It’s 9 30 minutes eps so not really time consuming to do. Very interesting world they set up that could very well be even larger in scope then Avatar if Netflix lets them run with it.

I definitely don’t regret watching it. There’s a lot of potential in the magic system, I think, and the world was interesting. There were also quite a few characters I loved—the king being one, as well as a deaf female warrior.

I love The Dragon Prince and I'm very excited about the announcement of s2 in february!

Due to some funny comparisons between Stormlight Archive and Fullmetal Alchemist on Tumblr, I restarted (watched the first three episodes months ago) FMAB yesterday and watched the first four episodes. I guess I'm in for the rest.
Episode four stormed me up real good. Y'know, the one with the sweet girl and the really nice dog. Haha. (End me.)

Edited by Winds Alight

Just now, Wax said:

Disney is coming out with their streaming service soon.  Might look into it at some point

I’m all in on Disney+. But really, it’s only because of the new Star Wars shows and Clone Wars Season 7. I’m a sucker for anything Star Wars(except for Resistance).