What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

I just watched Contact on Netflix.

I think that if you liked the Religions thread on the shard, you'll find the strong science/faith themes really enjoyable. I think that those who enjoyed Interstellar would also enjoy it.

I really liked it, but it was kinda long.

I watched Contact once and remember thinking it was pretty profound.

As for Interstellar, my parents saw it and said they found it simultaneously boring and depressing, so I haven't bothered with it since we generally share tastes in movies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on the third season of Avatar: The Last Airbender  :D

From now on I hope all of you realize I'm going to endeavor to reference Avatar whenever possible. 

Yassssss. One of my favorite shows! And I think Book 3 is the best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went and saw X-Men: Apocalypse yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I'd heard some people saying it was weak, but I think it's one of my favorite X-Men movies to date. (Deadpool doesn't count since I haven't seen that.)

And the POST-CREDITS BLURB.

tumblr_mgjp99DKPo1relpvho1_250.gif

Saw "Now You See Me 2" in theaters yesterday. Storming fantastic!! I think possibly even better than the first one. (Oh and fun fact: the famous magician David Copperfield co-produced this movie.)

Update: FINALLY finished watching the current seasons of The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

Flash spoilers:

Barryyyyyyy, do you have any idea what you've just done to your own timeline?! *slaps Barry*

Legends of Tomorrow spoilers:

Now wondering if Kendra and Carter will show up as regulars on one of the CW's other DC-comics shows.

Edited by Sunbird

On 3/6/2016 at 1:29 AM, Sunbird said:

I watched Contact once and remember thinking it was pretty profound.

As for Interstellar, my parents saw it and said they found it simultaneously boring and depressing, so I haven't bothered with it since we generally share tastes in movies.

If you loved the movie (I do, too!), read the book sometime, too.  Both are excellent in their own right, which doesn't often happen with book and move adaptations.

On 4/25/2016 at 9:39 AM, The Crooked Warden said:

I'm on the third season of Avatar: The Last Airbender  :D

From now on I hope all of you realize I'm going to endeavor to reference Avatar whenever possible. 

I love that show, too.  Anything related to elemental abilities definitely gets a bending reference. ;)

On 5/22/2016 at 10:04 PM, Briar King said:

Watching Ant Man for 1st time. I had no desire to see this in theater and boy did I miss out... It's the 1st MCU I chose to skip and CW made me want to see this bad.

We loved Ant Man, too!  He's now one of my favorite Avenger verse heroes!

On 6/10/2016 at 2:13 AM, Physicist of the Cosmere said:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Watching this, I realize that Aragorn closely matches what I imagined Kaladin would look like.

Er, don't you mean that your mental image of Kaladin matches Aragorn's description/appearance?  Brandon Sanderson is my living favorite author, but Tolkien is just classic.

I've been watching Mr. Selfridge via Amazon.  Same time period as much of Downton Abbey, but not quick as much angst.  Still a good show.  Also watching a lot of anime lately via Crunchyroll - Naruto, Lost Village, Re:Zero, Akame ga Kill!, and, I blush to admit it, Sailor Moon Crystal.  

Oh, and definitely keeping upwith MLP as it airs on Saturdays. :D 

2 hours ago, traceria said:

Er, don't you mean that your mental image of Kaladin matches Aragorn's description/appearance?  Brandon Sanderson is my living favorite author, but Tolkien is just classic.

To me, which character "looks like" the other depends on which story was experienced first by the person comparing them. For example, if I read LOTR and watch the movies before reading The Way of Kings, then I would probably say "I imagine that Kaladin looks like Aragorn." But if I read The Way of Kings First, then the mental image of Kaladin is established in my head and it would feel more appropriate to say, "Aragorn looks a lot like my mental image of Kaladin."

2 hours ago, traceria said:

If you loved the movie (I do, too!), read the book sometime, too.  Both are excellent in their own right, which doesn't often happen with book and move adaptations.

I will! I don't think I knew that it was also a book until you mentioned it here, but I feel like I'm committing bookworm heresy if I watch a movie without reading its corresponding book.

I'm in season 2 of The Musketeers, a BBC series that I found on Hulu just recently. Really good, and the fighting largely seems like accurate fighting styles and moves for the era, though some of it is obviously just to look good.

Other than that, we regularly watch Castle (now ended), The Flash, Bones, Once Upon A Time, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  I also watch Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on my own, as well as NCIS on a very occasional basis, and if we don't have a lot of time or are feeling in a mood for humor, we'll watch Whose Line Is It Anyway (the UK version is on Hulu right now).

jW