What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

just watched this. I loved watching Fantasmic! as a kid and still love it. I try to watch it whenever I'm home for Christmas. Now I can't watch this version anymore since they updated it with the reopening of the River. Instead of Peter Pan we now have Jack Sparrow, instead of Pinocchio we now have Genie, instead of Snow and her prince we now have Rapunzel and Flynn and there's no more Queen.

11 hours ago, Draginon said:

You've seen them in the original Japanese or did you go to the anime expo where they were selling both early and showing screenings of part 3?

They aren't going to release them in Spanish, and I don't like the english Dub, so I see them in Japanese.

4 hours ago, Idealistic said:

They aren't going to release them in Spanish, and I don't like the english Dub, so I see them in Japanese.

And do you understand them? The delivery got delayed by a day, for some reason the tracker showed it going to Mesquite (a town just east of Dallas) so it's being delivered today. Never had any previous deliveries go to Mesquite before so it was weird watching the tracker.

1 hour ago, Draginon said:

And do you understand them? The delivery got delayed by a day, for some reason the tracker showed it going to Mesquite (a town just east of Dallas) so it's being delivered today. Never had any previous deliveries go to Mesquite before so it was weird watching the tracker.

Start ordering all kinds of things online, like from Amazon or wherever and watch the crazy places they end up. Sometimes it's halfway across the country in the wrong direction. Even Harry and Lloyd only went a 1/3 of the way. 

13 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

Start ordering all kinds of things online, like from Amazon or wherever and watch the crazy places they end up. Sometimes it's halfway across the country in the wrong direction. Even Harry and Lloyd only went a 1/3 of the way. 

I've ordered a few times and when it's in the Dallas area packages go to the USPS distribution center in Dallas and then to the town it's for. It makes me wonder if someone at the center sent it to the main post office in Mesquite by mistake or something.

But it's strange how mail works. A couple years back I had a few defective DVDs, they would continually skip and refuse to show scenes, and it took two months to get them sent from the place in Kentucky. At the same time I had ordered some audios from Big Finish, a company in England, and I got those within a couple weeks. Even ordering Japanese kit kats took a month to get. It makes you wonder why domestic takes longer than international. But the worst package delay I got was from my girlfriend in Denmark where she sent me a few little things for Christmas. It arrived in February. Talk about late! But I still appreciated the things she got for me even if they were pretty much just kiddy things like a Danish reading book for kindergarten and a string of Danish flags.

14 hours ago, Idealistic said:

I meant I see them with subs, otherwise I wouldn't understand them, I see them via crunchyroll, it makes a simultaneous stream.

I get them through Shout! Factory who are pretty good with quality control and the credit stuff shows the only other hand in the cookie jar is Toei themselves so the dub is done the way they want it seems, just using whatever name changes were done in the show years ago.image.thumb.jpg.432ba2bd1ef693c3881cc019b7386c68.jpg

I like how on the covers they add a secondary color for the subtitle. So far it's grey and orange (Reunion) and green and purple. I'm wondering what secondary color will be done for Confession since that one is yellow, same for Loss (red) and Symbiosis (Pink). I'm wondering when Toei will reveal the title of the final part, what color the poster will be and which digidestined and Digimon will be on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 1:11 AM, Stampede said:

I'm watching Stranger Things, it's quite strange.

I was a big fan. Looking forward to season 2. Also, Disney really needs to make a young Princess Leia movie with 11 as Leia because she really looks the part.

Lewis (the sequel to Inspector Morse). The original series was much better. I've seen just too many detective series (and read a decent number of novels too) now.

My biggest pet peeve is: Why are the detectives deliberately made single ? 

22 minutes ago, Hood said:

Lewis (the sequel to Inspector Morse). The original series was much better. I've seen just too many detective series (and read a decent number of novels too) now.

My biggest pet peeve is: Why are the detectives deliberately made single ? 

Perhaps an attempt at not hamstringing them with the whole "balancing police work and family life" gobbledygook? 

I'm way behind on detective mysteries in all mediums, but that was the first thing to come to mind. 

32 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Currently watching American Horror Story Cult episode 1. So far it's spooky.

Just set it to dvr. I ll try it. I haven't finished a season since the glorious S3. I hated 4, liked 5 but my dvr crapped out towards the end and just never finished it on Netflix, I loathed 6. Watched 2 episodes and deleted the entire rest of season.

10 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Just set it to dvr. I ll try it. I haven't finished a season since the glorious S3. I hated 4, liked 5 but my dvr crapped out towards the end and just never finished it on Netflix, I loathed 6. Watched 2 episodes and deleted the entire rest of season.

I haven't watched Roanoke yet since I started watching after that already aired. Just waiting for the DVD to release. I liked the other 5, but I can say Freak Show is the weakest in terms of horror but you do get to feel for the characters and become horrified when they get attacked and murdered.

Spoiler

After this episode the theme this time is fear. Twisty the clown is a legend and making regular appearances from the previews but he's not a ghost or a spirit. It's interesting what the deal with the clowns is since they seemed to be an hallucination but when the kid saw them... I did notice that Sarah Paulson's characters phobias act up whenever something Trump related happens (her phobias return after election night, she sees the clowns at the store after hearing Trump's speech on the store radio and sees them at the restaurant after reading his tweets.) so that seems to be a recurring element. It's going to be interesting how this will all be resolved without the supernatural since it's all supposed to be real life horror.