I wonder if calamity has shown up on earth before

Datan Nomlibash

So I was thinking about mythology and it seems like there are alot of similarities between epics and some of the figures in myths.

Achilles was a violent warrior without equally that could not be harmed, but had the heel weakness.

Some guy in celtic mythology could only be killed in a single blow and any more wouldn't work.

Samson way invincible till he got a hair cut.

There are more but I'm drawing a mind blank at the moment. I just find it interesting that alot of parallels can be drawn between epics and mythological figures.

Huh, that's actually a very interesting idea.  I remember Brandon saying at one point that one of the reasons he didn't make the Reckoners cosmere was because the mythology he was playing with in creating Calamity was very much "our world", or something to that effect.  It's definitely possible that this is all related.

Well, ancient Heroes from epics are in many ways the inspiration for modern day superheroes, so it isn't that strange to find connection in the way power work, afterall even in ancient times a hero with no weakness wasn't all that fun. Now, if you should find out that there were actual teleporters and stuff like that I'm all ears. :ph34r:

• Chaos locked this topic