Clod's Breath?

Blue the Feelspren

So, I am only a fourth of the way through Warbreaker, and just learned about Jewels' lack of Breath. Then, talking to a friend, I learned Clod used to be Arsteel, and that the two were romantically close. That got me thinking...

What if, though it has been said that Jewel's Breath was taken by a Returned...

What if she gave her Breath to awaken him instead?

(Mear food for thought. I may be way off, and again have not read through the whole book.)

But also if she lie.

I don't see the meaning of giving away your breath to someone who has managed to live for centuries (getting enough breaths) without help.

Um, I think Blue is saying that maybe Jewels was the one to turned Arsteel's corpse into a Lifeless.

But yeah, she probably wasn't lying. Blue, later in the book you'll read a scene where Jewels defends her decision to sell her Breath as a child, and the story she tells is way too detailed for it to have been made up on the spot.

Edited by skaa

Um, I think F&F is saying that maybe Jewels was the one to turned Arsteel's corpse into a Lifeless.

But yeah, she probably wasn't lying. F&F, later in the book you'll read a scene where Jewels defends her decision to sell her Breath as a child, and the story she tells is way too detailed for it to have been made up on the spot.

She didnt have to make it up on the spot for it to be a lie. In fact, with Jewels and Denth, I would expect it to be a lie. But yeah, she did say she traded it for a good sum of money to help save her fathers business. To the God-King, not just a Returned.

She didnt have to make it up on the spot for it to be a lie. In fact, with Jewels and Denth, I would expect it to be a lie. But yeah, she did say she traded it for a good sum of money to help save her fathers business. To the God-King, not just a Returned.

True. If she had a good reason to lie about it, it would have been wise to invent a story beforehand. I still think she wasn't lying.

You know what? Let's wait for Blue to read that part so he can tell us what he thinks. This is his thread after all.

Edited by skaa

True. If she had any reason to lie about it, she probably invented a story beforehand. I still think she wasn't lying.

You know what? Let's wait for Blue to read that part so he can tell us what he thinks. This is his thread after all.

Oh, for sure I think she was being honest. She did get really upset when Vivena tried to suggest the God-King stole her Breath. Which, to me, strikes as her being honest.

True. If she had a good reason to lie about it, it would have been wise to invent a story beforehand. I still think she wasn't lying.

Ahh, I see now. Yes, certainly, either she was acting on an extreme level, or, more likely, she really does believe in the God King. She grew extremely upset and defensive. Ahh, well, it was fun and a bit romantic to speculate either way. ^-^

Ahh, I see now. Yes, certainly, either she was acting on an extreme level, or, more likely, she really does believe in the God King. She grew extremely upset and defensive. Ahh, well, it was fun and a bit romantic to speculate either way. ^-^

You should read the annotations. They have some slightly creepy details on the Jewels/Clod relationship.

• Chaos locked this topic