@Twei, You ARE an Assassin right? I mean, you never actually claimed it in those words. :P (Okay, here's the actual serious question.) Are you Elbereth's Assassin contact?

Nope! I'm actually an amazing hacker and I've been logging everyone's keystrokes for the whole game. I have access to the master doc (I'm not going to make it easy for the rest of you ;)), as well as more than one bank account.  :P

Yes, I'm an assassin, and no, I'm not Elbereth's contact. You can see that in our scans, as Elbereth's and mine can't be from the same Assassin and still be true. My best guess to the truth is in my previous post (Elbereth trying to cover for Clanky), because I agree that six assassins seems improbable. Then again, suspicions based on role distributions aren't exactly reliable, especially with two trolls for GMs.

Thanks Wilson! That's much appreciated.

Since I'm sure the Diagrammists have something like this, I thought it might be a good idea to put this out in the open.

Roles(claimed/scanned/or soft-confirmed by Assassins):

Ghostbloods:                                         Sons of Honour:

1. Lopen(Scholar)                                 Sart(Scholar)

2. PK(Scholar)                                       Kipper(Scholar)

3. Hellscythe(Explorer)                          Phattemer(Explorer)

4. Zas(Cook)                                         Starry Smite(Cook)

5. Haelbarde(Assassin)                         Mailliw(Assassin)

6. Shallan(Runner)                                STINK(Runner)

7. Ripple(Surgeon)                                Clanky(Surgeon)

8. Bort(Cook)                                         Adavantos(Cook)

The ones above all line up according to role. The ones below do not. Well, Kynedath and Twei do if they're both telling the truth.

9. Twei(Assassin)                                 Kynedath(Assassin)

10. Orlok(Ardent)                                  Aonar(???)

11. Alvron(Elsecaller)                          Burnt(???)

12. Mace Windu(Bondsmith)              DeathClutch(???)

13. Elbereth(???)                                 Panda(???)

14. Seonid(???)                                   Tony Shark(Artifabrian)

15. Feligon(???)                                  Creccio(Lightweaver)

16. polking(???)                                   Elkanah(EdgedancerDIE!!! ; )

17. Araris(???)                                     Venture(Runner)

18. HB(???)                                          Arraenae(Surgeon)

So, yeah, lists are fun.  :lol:

@Bort, It might be a good idea to attack Ada this Cycle. Heck, maybe they'll let us kill him! Or you could just go with your suspicions for this Cycle and hopefully hit a Diagrammist. My suspects as of right now are Elbereth and Tony Shark. Feligon is up there as well. (I'd go for Tony Shark because he's a SoH, and inactive. Just sayin'. I mean, I wasn't able to correctly predict winning lottery numbers that one time, but I'm slightly more confident about this. Slightly.  :P)

Hey, I guess if we want to hear information from Ada, we may as well try to get something good. I'd like you to scan Clanky:P (If "The Deal" doesn't cover those who are being lynched right now, I'll ask for the alignment of Jain I suppose.) Also, no hard feelings from me Ada. I just want you to die is all.  ;)

@Elbereth, I believe Ada has already announced Kipper and Creccio as innocent, and Mailliw as a Diagrammist.

Happy New Year everyone!

Edit: just striking Kipper and Sart through!

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Happy New year folks!

Hmm…. So was thinking…. We are pretty sure that there.are two diagramist KR right? An edgedancer and an elsecaller? Now, balance wise, I think it would be safe to assume that the diagramist KR are evenly distributed between ghostbloods and sons of honour as if one side had more diagramist KR then it makes it harder for that side to Quinn as more of their KR have to die first. So this would mean one of two scenarios:

1: a diagramist ghostblood elsecaller and SoH edgedancer

Or

2:a diagmaist SoH elsecaller and ghostblood edgedancer

If it is scenario 1, then that would mean that Alvron and Elkanah are diagramists, as going off lopens list, Alv was the GB elsecaller and elk the soh edgedancer

(This is ignoring the fact that there could potentially be two SoH edgedancers due to SoH not having the bondSmith.)

So do we know if Alvron is good or not? Because I think alv being good potentially clears Elk. unless there is another gb elsecaller..

Either way think that alv and elk are the same alignment.

Thoughts?

well then how about knowing DeathClutch if you're still around next cycle Ada. you might not be, but it seems like Bort would be the one to kill you and I'm not entirely confident that he will based on his current level of activity.

Edit: Lopen, you seem to have put Haelarde on your list twice. Well, I think so . . . HB is Haelbarde right?

Also, you have forgotten to strike Kipper and Sart as they are dead.

Edited by Kynedath

So, if we'really going to have Bort kill Adavantos today, it's likely to be blocked by the healer. If we lynch Adavantos today as well, then we get the kill through the protection. It would only be worth it if we knew for sure whether Bort is making the kill, though. Without certainty there, we're better off just trying to kill the healer (which is either Twei or Clanky).

Just realized I hadn't share any alignments this cycle, so I'll go ahead and give you Jain's. She was a Son of Honor. I was just unhappy that someone messed with my kill order.

@Lopen. I will reveal the alignment of whoever you end up lynching, if that's what you guys decide you'd prefer.

Well, I suppose I'll put my vote on ClankyTwei.

@Burnt, I understand your point, but I have no idea if that's the case or not. I do know that, if Alvron was a Diagrammist, he could not have been an Elsecaller because my scan on him was GB, and he wouldn't be able to change his own alignment. The only options is for the Diagrammists to have started with 2 Elsecallers, or the Diagrammist Elsecaller simply changed Alv's role and not his alignment. I'm fairly sure that Alv was not a Diagrammist at least, because Ada was the deciding vote(s) on his lynch. 

@Kynedath, Same goes for DC(DeathClutch). Ada claimed to have poisoned him and I believe that claim at least. DC called Ada and Mail out early on, as another point to DC's alignment being good. 

HB is actually Honey Badger. Kipper and Sart live on through us! Which is why they weren't crossed out! (:P Thanks, I fixed it.)

Thanks Ada. And awesome! @everyone, if we're wanting Ada to 'scan' someone, I would suggest Clanky, as his alignment is important to us, in case Twei was lying.

I would do a vote tally, but I'm on mobile and it would be a pain. Just make sure any previous votes you may have made are actually greened out! 

@Lopen. I will reveal the alignment of whoever you end up lynching, if that's what you guys decide you'd prefer.

I'm up for that if you guys are.

I might not be able to post as consistently or as frequently for a while guys. School is starting back up and I have exams and interviews for a scholarship. Then again, I don't know how much time I can make. It might be more than I am indicating or it could be me virtually dropping off the charts.

Wilson/Kas, If I die, Then all I ask is that you give me an interesting death in the write-up please.

Cycle Ten: Slipping Away

After Agrigar’s escape, the surviving Ghostbloods and Sons of Honour gathered and took stock. The renegade cook could not be located, and they didn’t have the numbers to search for him in the many passageways and secrets of Urithiru.

As always, their attention eventually slid from the proclaimed Diagrammist to searching for a traitor amongst their own numbers.

“He couldn’t have survived such a drop,” Alycia Kavdar said, simply. “Not with bloodstaunch. Not with that rope he was using. Not at that speed. He’d have torn half the skin off his hands, and probably dropped the last few metres.” They’d discovered dried blood on the ground too, before the trail had eventually simply disappeared. “Someone helped him. Took care of his injuries. And no, it wasn’t me.”

Deadeye cleared his throat, and waited expectantly. When all eyes turned to him, he spoke up. “I saw Torren in the gardens,” he said. “I don’t know how he got down there, but he did, and he was helping Agrigar bandage his wounds.”

Torren glared at him and opened his mouth to retort, but felt a hand grip his shoulder. “Let Deadeye speak,” Ashei instructed, and nodded at Deadeye to continue.

“So I was trying to leave discreetly to let the rest of you know--because who would help Agrigar? More Diagrammist scum, that’s who. But then someone else got the drop on me and knocked me out, and that’s when someone found me and took me to the surgeons.” He rubbed at his head, gingerly. “And that’s what I have to say: that we need to get rid of Torren.”

“Storms,” Torren muttered. “It wasn’t me,” he said, rolling his eyes. “In case any of you were wondering, I was watching Agrigar, because I figured that given how he was putting his neck on the chopping board, one or two of his friends would be around to pull his hide out of the fire. And sure enough, I saw Cla handing over bloodstaunch to Agrigar, and then later again in the gardens. And why is that, Cla? Why were you helping a known enemy?”

Cla made no reply.

“But what were you doing for that matter?” Lopen wanted to know. “I don’t like this. Are you calling Deadeye a liar?”

“Hardly,” Torren said. “I’m saying that I have a reason for being seen around Agrigar: I’m watching him.”

“Is every sixth person in this storming city an assassin?” Lopen demanded, exasperated. There was no answer.

Elba shook her head, watching Torren. “I think he lies,” she said, simply. She did not say anything further.

They turned to Kael. “I believe you,” he said, at last, after some hesitation. But he was not speaking to Elba, but rather, to Torren. “It’s Cla, then.”

“What do you have to say for yourself, Cla?” Sheon Idris wanted to know.

When no reply was forthcoming, he shook his head. They all fell on Cla at once, beating him to death with fists and any weapons ready-to-hand. It was, ironically, Torren who struck the finishing blow, slitting his throat with his knife.

As the mob carried out their bloody dead, one lone figure walked away, shaking her head.

-

“I can’t make them see reason,” Ashei said, frustrated, drawing her knees up against her chest.

The wolfhound padding along silently by her side turned to face her with canine seriousness. “They’re scared,” Twyne said. “And so they do strange things.”

“Do spren do that too?” Ashei asked. She’d always assumed he was a spren, even though Twyne looked and behaved like no spren she’d ever seen. A butterfly drifted across her field of vision, trailing brightly-coloured bubbles and streams of glitter, falling, like incandescent dust.

Twyne nodded, solemnly. “Oh, yes,” he said. “Unfortunately, they do.” He was not, however, more forthcoming on the matter.

“I hated it,” Ashei admittedly. “Leaving him there like this. But there wasn’t anything I could do for him, and if I’d come back for him, they might’ve gone for me too. They aren’t thinking anymore, Twyne. They’re just letting themselves be led.” She ran a hand through her ragged hair. “They’re reacting and not thinking and there’s nothing I can do about it at all and I’m not sure I even know what to do or who’s behind this.”

“It wasn’t right,” Twyne said.

“I know,” Ashei burst out. “And it’s tearing at me, Twyne, but I think I know what we have to do.”

“If you’re sure…”

She got up, paced the corridor. “Yeah, I am,” Ashei said. “I’ve all those letters I’ve copied...I just know that there’s something of use in them, if I could put them all together and make sense of them...but…” She bit her lip.

“Stop thinking,” Twyne suggested. “Do something. Go with your gut, even.” He wriggled a few vines in what might’ve been a shrug. “Break into some rooms. Read some more letters. Stop ruminating about this. It’s not like you.”

Ashei shrugged. “That’s what you said about this sneaking, spying thing when we first started,” she reminded her spren.

“That was before--”

An arm wrapped about Ashei’s throat, dragging her backwards, choking her. She fought back; reflexively clawing, struggling to breathe in Stormlight. Except she never could, never did; he’s a figment of your imagination, not a spren, said the voices, because Twyne never helped, but he counseled her, but he was her friend (and he wasn’t real, just a figment, just a hallucination…)

Breathing raggedly, she managed to break free of her attacker’s hold, whirling about and landing, cat-like, on the balls of her feet.

She produced a knife and turned on her attacker. “I don’t know who you are,” she began, but then realised she did know them.

The problem was, there was more than one attacker. She only realised this after a moment of sharp pain, and then she was on the ground, with a knee digging into the base of her spine, the knife driven from her grasp. “I’ve heard,” said a voice into her ear, “That you’re a Surgebinder. But I think the rumours are rather exaggerated, don’t you, my dear? A real Surgebinder would never have been taken down so easily.”

“Twyne,” she called out, her voice weak.

If she died, would he die too?

She never got the chance to ask, never got the chance to find out.

-

Alycia Kavdar scrabbled for her knife, desperate.

“There’s no one else now,” breathed Agrigar Leiken. “Just you and me now, little surgeon.” He grinned at her, tossing his sheathed knife from hand to hand. “Care for some bloodstaunch?”

Cla (6) : Sheon Idris, Deadeye, Kael of the Forge, Frank Au Faliu, Torren, Lopen
Torren (1) : Elba

Cla (Clanky) was lynched!
Ashei Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti) was attacked by the Diagrammists!
Alycia Kavdar (RippleGylf) was poisoned!

bla_1451923200.png

Player List

1. Seixa (Phattemer): A man who believes he's a Skybreaker Squire
2. John Doe (Stink): A man who thinks he's a fish
3. Locke Tekiel (Orlok)
4. Agrigar Leiken (Adavantos)
5. Aleral (Araris)
6. Kholak Bagar (Honey Badger)
7. Alycia Kavdar (RippleGylf)
8. Walter Kysley (polking): an Azish soldier
9. Krippe (Kipper): a Urithiru postmaster
10. Malarn (Maill): a man who stinks
11. Sheon Idris (Seonid): the late King of Arelon, seeking vengeance on Mr T and his adherents.
12. Baheal Edr (Hael): son of the late Ableah
13. Yallah (Tony Shark)
14. Arran Faenel (Aonar)
15. Hellscythe (Hellscythe)
16. Deadeye (Kynedath)
17. Slalassalas (Paranoid King): swordfighter who's "defeated" many Horneaters
18. Kael of the Forge (Elkanah): an eager emigrant
19. Frank "Gold Frank" Au Faliu (Feligon): a pirate with an nonflying(?) pirate ship, looking for his brother
20. Starri (Starry Smite): an overlooked brightlady
21. Citona Vinid (Shallan)
22. Arina (Arraenae)

23. Torren (Twei): an ex-Skybreaker Radiant, ditched by his spren  :(
24. Inor Haze (Creccio)
25. Maximilianos Sebarial (Venture)
26. Lopen (The Mighty Lopen)
27. Jain (Lightsworn Panda): a walking, talking panda
28. Moros (DeathClutch)
29. Edurams (Sart)

30. Bort (Bort)
31. Mace (Mace Windu): a strange man who wields a purple sword-thing
32. Ashei Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
33. Cla (Clanky)

34. Elba (Elbereth)
35. Zas (Zas): a creative shoemaker seeking flesh for new shoes
36. Lorna (Alvron): a huntress

Edited by Alvron

edit: Also, it looks like the write-up has a bunch of clues. It looks like burnt spaghetti was an edgedancer and RippleGylf was a surgeon. Is that on purpose?

Yes and no. If a person role claims in the thread, the write-ups will run off of that role claim. Hence why Creccio appeared as Restares and a Lightweaver and why Orlok appeared as Thaidakar. Both had role claimed. Ada has role claimed as a Diagrammist Cook, so we've been running off of that. Ripple role claimed as a surgeon. Burnt had no role claim, however, so we just played around with hers. I can see how you could get that she's an Edgedancer, but she's also a little crazy (talking dog, much?) and she can't breathe Stormlight. What you read into the write-ups is up to you.

I am returned! And I seem to have accrued a good deal of suspicion in my absence. While I think the real reason for that is partly the claim and partly trying to be more assertive, I'm choosing to believe that suspicion is inversely proportional to activity level. Thus, activity! I should hopefully also be much less distracted, which is a bonus.

Would you mind hard claiming Assassin, or telling us if you are in fact, just in contact with an Assassin(that's not Twei, because why would you vote for Twei when you knew that her targeting Ada was most likely just her using her Assassin techniques to follow him?)? Twei just basically claimed Assassin, so one of you almost has to be lying, since I very much doubt the possibility of 6 Assassins. I'm not sure why no one picked up on this and just followed Twei in voting for Clanky. We NEED to be asking these questions guys. There's inconsistencies here that just don't make sense to me. If Elbereth is telling the truth about being an Assassin/in contact with an Assassin, it's most likely Twei is lying and trying to get us to waste a Cycle, OR MORE! Since we can't know if Clanky was a Diagrammist or not until we scan him, and even then, his corpse might get transformed by an Elsecaller. Seeing as I was already suspicious of Elbereth, I'm more suspicious of Clanky over Twei, but not so much that I'm just going to blindly accept a few "scan" results from Twei that we have no idea if they are legit or not as reason to lynch Clanky.

Okay. I am indeed claiming Assassin, not contact with one. My scan results:

C1: Polking targeted Maill

C2: Clanky targeted Stink

C3: Clanky targeted PK (this was after he claimed Scholar)

C4: No one targeted Aonar

C5: Creccio targeted Creccio

C6: No one targeted Adavantos (this was directly after the roleclaim)

C7: forgot to put in order

C8: No one targeted PK

C9: Seonid targeted Adavantos

You can see why I said Clanky is almost certainly a protective role. Note that I didn't say he wasn't a Diagrammist. If he does turn out to be, I'd suspect PK.

Seonid, do you have an explanation for targeting Ada?

I'll add that I'm suspicious of Twei for obvious reasons, but I don't have enough faith in role distribution to immediately vote for her.

Yeah, I don't agree with the reasoning of that vote on polking. Mail was attacked on C1, not C2, and in my mind, is possibly a Diagrammist, so if you say you thought polking attacked him, why would that make him a Diagrammist? There's also the fact that that would mean you thought it was possible, or even likely, that the Diagrammists started with 2 Cooks.

Ok. The second part of that is a good point, which I didn't think of. But I wasn't really voting for polking on suspicion that he was a diagrammist. I was voting for him partly based on inactivity, and partly because I thought he was the cook who had the bad taste to go after Mail. That makes him more of a wild card than someone actually helpful regardless of alignment, to my thinking. Also, I made a typo when I said D2. I meant D1, obviously.

I don't think there's anything else that jumps to mind. Oh, I'm Bort's superior, and he hasn't responded to PMs since the 23rd.

I was going to tell Ripple not to protect me, but too late, I guess.

That's about it. Lopen, did that answer your questions?

My scan of Alvron again came up as GB Elsecaller. Which, if Mace Widus scans of GB Bondsmith are reliable(which I believe they are), means that the Diagrammist Elsecaller is a SoH. Which in turn makes me believe the Diagrammist protection is a GB edgedancer. Seeing as the GMs are blatantly tipping us off that we are 'slipping away,' I'd say that means Clanky was innocent, and Twei just lied about being an Assassin, and made us waste last Cycle. Ada, are you gonna tell us Clankys alignment? Or did we not get enough votes on him? Twei

Guys, if Clanky was innocent, we're in a bad spot right now, I know. But if we can kill Twei(or their protection, if Twei somehow isn't an edgedancer), then we will be able to kill Ada, and from there I'd guess only 2 more Diagrammists. I do think that we can still do this. I'm not optimistic about it, since our kill ability is INACTIVE, but I do believe it's possible. I don't have time to go through the number of Cycles we probably have left, but I doubt it's more than 2 or 3 if we don't get a Diagrammist soon.

@Elbereth, I think that's about it for now, thanks. I'll respond in more detail when I'm not on mobile.

I guess I was right about Burnt this time! Not that it helped us any. :/ 

Edited by TheMightyLopen

The crew of men and women stood in a circle around their fatality congratulating themselves on their mob justice. That'll teach those diagrammists!

Then they heard a single piercing scream.

Kael was the first to reach Ashei. She lay in a pool of her own blood. He checked for a pulse, but there was none. The others soon joined him.

"She's gone." He informed them.

"I knew she was one of us" Lopen exclaimed. "I'm done with these games."

Kael stood, his eyes fixed on what used to be Ashei. "I agree. I think we are down to the last one or two diagrammists. It's time to take down Adavantos."

Okay, so here's our roster of who's left written in my estimation of most active to least: ( my thoughts in purple)

1 Lopen (The Mighty Lopen) very likely good.

2 Deadeye (Kynedath) also most likely good.

3 Agrigar Leiken (Adavantos) evil. Kill him with fire.

4 Kael of the Forge (Elkanah): an eager emigrant definitely good :P

5 Slalassalas (Paranoid King): swordfighter who's "defeated" many Horneaters under a lot of suspicion, but I'm not sure I buy it.

6 Elba (Elbereth) claiming to be fifth (fourth?) assassin. I'm not sure yet.

7 Frank "Gold Frank" Au Faliu (Feligon): a pirate with an nonflying(?) pirate ship, looking for his brother not sure here either, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now.

8 Torren (Twei): an ex-Skybreaker Radiant, ditched by his spren I'm inclined to trust. Giving up clanky would have been a bold move for a diagrammist

9 Alycia Kavdar (RippleGylf) not much to analyze. If she's an eliminator she may be the inactive one.

10 Bort likely village but that's based on role distributions.

11 Arran Faenel (Aonar) seemed helpful early on. I'd like to have them back.

12 Yallah (Tony Shark) I wasn't super suspicious, but others are. Would be a good cook target, but save the lynch until Ada is dead.

13 Maximilianos Sebarial (Venture) inactive

14 Sheon Idris (Seonid): the late King of Arelon, seeking vengeance on Mr T and his adherents. I pity da fool. inactive

15 Walter Kysley (polking): an Azish soldier evil inactive?

16 Seixa (Phattemer): A man who believes he's a Skybreaker Squire so inactive, I thought a cook had already killed him. (Yet still in the write-up.)

The next order of business is to kill Adavantos. Then and only then will we know the nature of the diagrammist team. I believe that Clanky and Ada were the last ones and Clanky sent in a kill rather than a protect last cycle. That would explain why there were no diagrammist kills on the cycles where Ada was protected.

Either that, or polking or venture or Tony are diagrammist, but inactive enough to cripple their team.

Edit fixed color

Edited by Elkanah

@Elkanah, Ripple and Phat are both dead. So we're down to 14 players now. I actually think there are still probably 3 or 4 Diagrammists left. More on each living player when I get a laptop.

@Venture(or should we call you Anamaximder?), No problem. Playing 2 games at once can be tough. What do you think we should do about Adavantos? Lynch him now, and test to see if their protection is gone? Or go with our other suspicions? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Edit: @Bort!!!, How's it going? Did you attack anyone last Cycle? How come you're not posting or anything?

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Well I see that I can't persuade you guys to vote for Tony right now. You are all completely focused on Adavantos and trying to kill him. I hope that you guys will believe me later.

Ada I appreciate that you continued to give us info even after we tried to kill you. Unfortunately, you have declared yourself a diagrammist and your information has progressively deteriorated from all-important to arbitrary. We have gotten more and more info in the last few cycles and we no longer need you. Even if I didn't think this, I couldn't have stopped the others from killing you. Sorry. Adavantos.