I am most definitely not saying that we ignore strong signs of diagrammist behavior, all I am saying is that I don't trust people who don't at least try to help. I have (I'm pretty sure) legitimate worries about people who don't say anything. They could be doing anyting and I have seen many observing the conversations but never doing anything. I promise that if I have very strong suspicions about someone, then I will act upon it, no matter their activity level. The thing is though, as I said before, if I were a diagrammist, then I would try to lay low and not be noticed. If my thinking is flawed, then I am open to suggestions, but at this point, we need people to talk and the inactives are essentilly limiting our information by not contributing.

@Lopen I have no background with SE so I don't know how players normally act, but if this is normal behavior for Phat then I would probably be inclined to not vote for him. My worry is that he is using his previous reputation to hide his motives.

I don't think he's usually quite this quiet. I'm not totally sure though, since his activity level never seems to stay consistent. Towards the end of LG15, he was one of the most active players. In other games, he's been quiet and hasn't done much in the thread. Even if this is normal for him though, I don't think that should protect him, since inactiviy isn't something that should be allowed to go unnoticed or ignored.

Edit: I was trying to figure out how to quote Burnt, but I'll just respond without the quote.

Sorry about that Burnt, you did give reasons and I should have double checked my facts. I'll remove you from the "suspiciously quiet" group I suppose.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Yeah you're fine.

I was in contact with Maill through a chain of command pm. After we were relatively sure of each other, we exchanged roles.

Kipper's role I determined using mine. I'd rather keep that secret for the time being if that's okay. Just let it be known I'm sure of both roles. I don't know if kipper was a diagrammist or not though.

Elkanah I think I know what your role is. I would appreciate having a PM with you to discuss it. I wil keep it a secret for now but it wasn't that hard for me to deduce what it probably is. Others might figure it out and they might not be so sympathetic towards you.

So, Tony Shark, what's going on? Why so quiet lately? Any thoughts on recent events?

First off I need to apologize for being so inactiveI just had to move out of my dorm and haven't been read the form for more then a couple minutes at a time I haven't moved back home because I'm currently traveling/preforming with a marching band. I haven't gotten to sit down and read anything until just now.

the diagrammists are not there own faction right? So If the KRs are distributed evenly if the diagrammists have a cook and there are 3 poisoning attempts each cycle that would mean one faction has an extra cook. I'm with the idea that there has been an inactive cook, if it was starri or not I have no idea.

I'm trying to make a quick post and I'm sorry for the low quality, I'm away from home and on mobile. I'll make a more assertive post with my ideas when I get home on the 23rd.

I don't think all roles are distributed evenly between factions. Just KR roles, with the exception of the Bondsmith. Unless I missed something, which is possible.

Straight from The Rules:

To further your faction’s cause, you all have abilities that help you perform your tasks. Roles will be evenly distributed between the factions, and then randomly distributed among all faction members (including Diagrammists). Roles are not revealed upon death.

Well boys, I am back, did i miss anything important?

anyone mind giving me a summary

Well, many things have been happening, but directly relating to you, there's this:

Creccio, would you mind letting us know the ranks of those sons of honor who have died? I think any information we can gather at this point will help us out.

I like your contribution crusade idea, Kyndath. I'd like to hear more from [red]Deathclutch[/red]. I don't think he's posted since the first day.

Edited for clarity

Other than that, since PK has claimed Scholar, and Aonar's claimed contact with one, we've been discussing who they should scan and how we could trust them. There are a few other things, but none of them are ongoing (because the people involved have all died). Well, also who the cooks should target, and the fact that there is probably a Diagrammist Cook.

As well as all that, we may be in a particularly bad position. Two Runners (either of whom may have been a Bondsmith) and a (likely) Scholar have all died this cycle. Our chances of winning against the Diagrammists are... not looking good. Unless they have the Bondsmith and are going for the alternate win con, I suppose. That would be nice. (And would explain why their Diagrammist kill was an inactive again.)

Speaking of the Bondsmith, could you either claim to someone in a PM or use Adhesion next cycle, so that we know you're alive? Please?

EDIT: Sorry Lopen. Your quote's not working, and I have no idea why.

EDIT 2: Nevermind that.

Edited by Elbereth

Tony Shark, thanks for explaining. You may want to green your name in your post, since apparently the quotes were messing up or something. It looks like you're voting for yourself.  :o

@Elbereth, ah, I see. I'm not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

@Aonar, any news from your Scholar? 

On the topic of Scholars, does anyone know who Kipper scanned and what they turned up as? Elkanah, you said you knew about Kipper, any info about this?

Elkanah I think I know what your role is. I would appreciate having a PM with you to discuss it. I wil keep it a secret for now but it wasn't that hard for me to deduce what it probably is. Others might figure it out and they might not be so sympathetic towards you.

Thank you for this. I would love to discuss my role and what you think of it in a pm. It was kind of my intention to give just enough information in thread that in case I die, others will be able to learn from it. That's one of our biggest weaknesses as yet. We have killed several people, but until today it hasn't helped us at all.

(By the way, I feel that's an awesome mechanic that although it makes the game more challenging, it also becomes more fun)

As I've thought about it more Creccio, I like my suggestion of revealing the rank of the fallen sons of honor less and less.

While I am curious about our faction's wellbeing, I don't think knowing ranks helps us find diagrammists.

Thank you Maill, I don't know how to multi quote on a phone, but this time there should be color (I hope) Deathclutch, where have you been since cycle 1?

I am most definitely not saying that we ignore strong signs of diagrammist behavior, all I am saying is that I don't trust people who don't at least try to help. I have (I'm pretty sure) legitimate worries about people who don't say anything. They could be doing anyting and I have seen many observing the conversations but never doing anything. I promise that if I have very strong suspicions about someone, then I will act upon it, no matter their activity level. The thing is though, as I said before, if I were a diagrammist, then I would try to lay low and not be noticed. If my thinking is flawed, then I am open to suggestions, but at this point, we need people to talk and the inactives are essentilly limiting our information by not contributing.

@Lopen I have no background with SE so I don't know how players normally act, but if this is normal behavior for Phat then I would probably be inclined to not vote for him. My worry is that he is using his previous reputation to hide his motives.

Apologies; I misinterpreted Elkanah's post. A few games ago, an eliminator started up the Contribution Crusade, and saved another eliminator (me) from the lynch. Elkanah's use of the words "Contribution Crusade" gave the impression that you were trying to start it back up. Sorry, Kynedath.

Edited by RippleGylf

Well that was an interesting cycle. I can reveal that Shallan was a Runner or the Bondsmith. And also that she was inactive enough that she hadn't checked our PM in 3 days. So unfortunately, I don't know who else she had a PM with. Wish I could give you more.

Are you certain she was a runner or the Bondsmith? I believe you are both on the same faction, and she previously hinted she had a leadership position(captain or commander), so her starting a PM with you may just have been one of those kinds. 

Kynadeth, you make a fair point about my lack of contribution - to which I must turn to my being away with my family.

I shall be contributing far more in the immediate future.

Part of my delay has been considering this:

I am Thaidakar.

Hael was one of my commanders.

I'm going to call out Twie as a potential voice in the diagrammists - and would be interested in other's thoughts on their alignment.

Could Ghostblood runners please contact me, and of course, any protection that can be granted would be of great use!

#Ghostblood4life  B)

Would it be possible for you to PM me, boss?

As for Twei, I'll go over her posts and get back with you on that. As of right now, I haven't noticed anything particularly suspicious about her. Mind explaining your thoughts on her?

I am really not sure what to make of this.

@Venture, Well, since you have claimed Runner, try contacting living players and get some connections. Other than that, just ask questions about things you don't understand/are curious about. Question players motives, anything. Flat out accuse someone of being an eliminator(although try to add a little reasoning). If you want, you could PM me, but since I'm a GB and you're a SoH, our goals will not completely align. Still, the priority is catching Diagrammists, so faction shouldn't affect things too much.

Are you certain she was a runner or the Bondsmith? I believe you are both on the same faction, and she previously hinted she had a leadership position(captain or commander), so her starting a PM with you may just have been one of those kinds.

She and I do share a faction, but she wasn't in my chain of command, so she couldn't have sent me a PM. That's how I know she had to be one of the two other PM roles.

So I have some information to add. I think this name needs a kickstart, and I think the way to do it will be by adding some little known information. Since no one knows any roles, I'm going to put mine out there if for nothing else than so that people can start working with information. 

First off, I'm a Ghostblood Cook. I'm one of those pesky cooks that has been doing so much killing. At the beginning of the game I was doing faction kills, now I'm trying (kind of) to do suspicion kills, but that's hard with so little information. 

First round, thanks to Mail's list that was given, I knew Arraenae was a Son of Honor, and possibly a captain or commander, so I took her out. 

Second round, I ended up going for Mace Windu, since 1. He was being almost entirely inactive, and 2. He told Mail "You know, you've completely ruined the game." with his list, which led me to believe that his position on Mail's list (Son of Honor) was correct.

Then, after his death, I learned that it was both his first game, and second, he was Wilson's close relative. (Sorry Wilson!). Because of some degree of guilt I felt, as well as realizing that the true threat was going to come from the Diagramists, I didn't kill anyone the past two cycles. 

Lastly, there's 4 cooks, or at least there were last night.

I'm also going to give the information I have with Stink- because of his unique play style, I was always slightly suspicious of him, but we messaged back and forth a bit. He contacted me Cycle 2, and he asked for my role (which I declined), and he eventually told me that he was suspicious of Aonar's claim that he was in contact with a Scholar (from mostly gut). I tried asking him about his accusations last cycle, but he never responded to my PMs. 

Feel free to ask me questions! 

Sorry I haven't responded, guys; I'd been travelling all yesterday, and just got the wi-fi password for my sister's house about an hour ago. 

As for Scholar requests... well, there's a bit of a problem, there. One of our many trigger-happy cooks killed him yesterday. >> Kipper was a higher ranking Son of Honour, as well as a Scholar (I'd be interested to learn exactly how Elkanah found this out) and he contacted me to reveal his scan results to the public. So we'll need to find a new one, if we wish to continue double checking PK's results. 

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Seonid, Okay, good to know, thanks. Speaking of things I'd like to know, any suspicions/trusts or anything? 

Now we're only gonna have public results from 1 Scholar.  That is really gonna make things tough. As far as who should scan what, I'd say PK should scan either Stink or Mail, because their alignment would probably help the most. PK, I'd suggest scanning Stink. We stand to gain more information about lynched players. Unknowns, GB should scan Shallan, SoH should scan Mail/Kipper. I would very much like to know if Shallan was the Bondsmith. What about everyone else? That sound good to you?

Feligon, I suggest contacting Orlok if you haven't already, as he is our faction leader. We need communication.

Zas and all other Cooks, With the meager amount of discussion happening right now, I'd suggest either going after lurkers/inactives or just not killing anyone and give us some more time by not killing five players every Cycle.

@Venture, Well, since you have claimed Runner, try contacting living players and get some connections. Other than that, just ask questions about things you don't understand/are curious about. Question players motives, anything. Flat out accuse someone of being an eliminator(although try to add a little reasoning). If you want, you could PM me, but since I'm a GB and you're a SoH, our goals will not completely align. Still, the priority is catching Diagrammists, so faction shouldn't affect things too much.

If you’re a runner venture, I would personally try and work out who of your faction isn’t yet in contact with anyone as the more communication between faction members the better and also there are likely some regulars out there who are really lonely as no one has decided to talk to them yet so they have to resort to spamming the GM’s with meaningless babble….

#regularproblems

Yeah I may fall into that category :P

I know i’m inactive so prob not someone at the top of the list to talk to but I do tend to make an effort to be more active if PM’s are involved (just ask Lopen) but yeh... I know it's prob too late this cycle to put in a pm request, but just saying. any runners out there, I would totally love to be able to talk to anybody someday. Apart from Wilson and Kas. Who are great, but can't get any suspicions out of them you know...

She and I do share a faction, but she wasn't in my chain of command, so she couldn't have sent me a PM. That's how I know she had to be one of the two other PM roles.

I think Stink also said that he was in contact with Shallan just before he died if that helps.

(sorry for not saying much this time (I had decided that if I was only able to do one post per cycle, then I ought to make it a large one. but relatives being over has left me exhausted so sorry for the shorter post. I also feel like my run of late nights is taking a toll. I'll try do a bigger post tomorrow and maybe post my general thoughts on who I currently do/don't trust. idk ill see what happens.)

In light of Zas' reveal, I've decided to go along and do the same. I am a Son of Honor Cook, the very same who was in contact with Stink on C2 and asked him to reveal my theory about Hellscythe. Unfortunately I still do not know his role / alignment and would appreciate it if he were scanned, as I still believe there is a lot of information that can be had from that. Unfortunately right now my time is short but I will be on again shortly after the turnover so in the meantime I will leave you with my list of orders so far. C1 Hellscythe, C2 Hellscythe, C3 Starry, C4 Shallan. I have not decided who I will poison today let alone if I will at all. So far I have been poisoning players I find suspicious or inactive players who have connections to players I am suspicious of (and just happen to be Ghostbloods...). I can explain this more later if anyone wants clarification. That being said, I am still of the opinion that the Diagrammist Cook is the one who attacked Mail C1 and myself C2, which is also the reason they likely won't reveal themselves as otherwise it would probably lead to their death.

Apologies for not being around much - I haven't had as much time as I expected this holiday period. I'm keeping up with the thread whenever possible, but it's hard to find time to post.

Now we're only gonna have public results from 1 Scholar.  That is really gonna make things tough. As far as who should scan what, I'd say PK should scan either Stink or Mail, because their alignment would probably help the most. PK, I'd suggest scanning Stink. We stand to gain more information about lynched players.

I agree. With the discussion around lynches, they're the best choice for our public Scholar as we gain the most information from the results. I thought about casting a vote to back this up for next cycle, but given that it's so late in the cycle and that there are several other useful scans (IMO: Kipper, Maill, Hellscythe, Alv) it would be better to leave inactive kills to the judgement of our (now revealed) cooks.

So, I've tried to post a few times, but I keep forgetting to hit post after typing it all out, my pm's aren't really going anywhere, but I did have a few suspicions.  Turns out they were not evil (so far as the scans can be trusted)so I'm just trying to open pms with as many people as I can.

I'd be interested to hear about your suspicions, even if the subjects are dead.

Guys, when I said we needed more information, I didn't mean give up on everything but telling everyone who you are. I do like having more to discuss, but now nobody is doing anything that I can see. Here is the vote list so you can see what I mean.

Feligion: Araris

Phattemer: Kynedath

Deathclutch: Elkanah

Nobody has more than one vote, and some of the least active players are the ones that have voted.

This close to the rollover, I think that I will post my thoughts next cycle, otherwise I would have more to say.

I will go ahead and place a vote on Deathclutch partly due to his inactivity but mostly because on C2 when it was announced that superiors in your chain of command could open a PM up with a single player beneath them, he decided to start one with me despite being a Commander and having many choices. His reasoning was that he believed I was the most trustworthy and beneficial player for him to contact, which directly contradicts his vote on me C1 and the sudden declaration C3 that I'm a Diagrammist. I had mistrusted him from the start due to his shaky reasoning (it seemed like he was trying a bit too hard to coax information out of me by stroking my ego, and upon realizing I wouldn't bite he stopped responding to my PMs and suddenly called me out in thread). For that reason I suspect he was convinced by his doc mates to open a line of communication with me, hoping I mind end up a hub like LG15 and giving them information similar to how I ended up doing just that with Burnt by giving the Mistborn and Elantrian the opportunity to contact her.

Currently I plan to refrain from poisoning this turn due to the severe number of deaths we've had already, but I would not be opposed to using my ability on Feligon for being a GB and an inactive, if others agree. Assuming I survive the cycle, I will be taking kill requests in the form of voting every cycle from now on, as it's both a good way to generate discussion and see what people want. If you want to vote for me to kill someone just use the same color as I did for Feligon above.

Edited by Adavantos

Cycle 6: Ghosts, Bleeding

In an oft-overlooked corner of Urithiru, two figures met. Despite the heavy cloth hoods they wore to disguise their features, they knew who the other was.

After all, both of them made it a habit of knowing secrets.

Secrets carefully embedded in the stones of Urithiru; secrets that met the light of day only occasionally: such as now, beneath the Stormlight lanterns.

“Restares,” said Thaidakar.

“Thaidakar,” replied Restares. The nod of greeting was directed from one old foe to another. It was possible, thought Restares, to dislike the man: and yet to respect how persistent he could be, how utterly cunning.

You did not underestimate Thaidakar unless you sought death. He knew, after all, the story behind the tattoo on Thaidakar’s wrist.

“What, then?”

Restares smiled; an expression utterly hidden by the hood. “You were the one who requested this meeting,” he pointed out. “I, at least, had nothing to do with it.”

Thaidakar inclined his head. “That is true,” he said, at last.

“Speak, then.”

“You know what I have to say.”

“You?” That was a shake of Restares’s head. “Don’t tell me that. You were the one who refused to heed calls to step up; to reveal ourselves and those under our command so we could more effectively root out the threat in our midst. Don’t presume to lecture me on how we face a common enemy, Thaidakar. You have to live by your words.”

Thaidakar ground his teeth together. “I was wrong,” he said, flatly. “Our followers are being cut down indiscriminately, and no progress has been made. Corpses turn up in Urithiru and I believe that we are being investigated by Highprince Sebarial. You know what the enemy calls themselves.”

“They don’t call themselves anything,” Restares countered. “But they make references to a Diagram. They are guided by it. Have you wondered how prescient this Diagram must be, if every single move we have made thus far has been so effectively anticipated?”

“No,” Thaidakar said. Blunt. “Our followers are ineffective. Any blame for this rests on their heads.”

“And not on ours?” Restares laughed. “Some opinion you have of us, Thaidakar.”

“I did not come to bandy words with you,” Thaidakar said, impatiently, dismissing Restares’s words. “I came because we must stand together, or fall. We have reached that point. You know that as well as I do.”

Restares nodded. “I do know that,” he said.

“And so?”

Restares smiled. He said, “Well. Strange that you should ask. The answer is no, Thaidakar. I offered you this chance before, and you rejected it. I’m not about to change my plans just because you come running, deciding you can afford to stoop down and work with me, after all.”

Thaidakar said, “A pity.” His voice was crusted with fresh ice.

There was a whistling sound; faint, easily missed, except by the trained ear. Thaidakar whirled about, but it was too late; he gurgled, a dart protruding from his throat. There was no sign of the shooter, for it had been a blowpipe--both of them could tell as much.

“How?” choked Thaidakar.

Restares knelt by his dying foe. “Your followers are ineffective,” he informed Thaidakar. “Any blame for this rests on their heads.” He admired the fletching on the dart. “At least take this as cold comfort: the poison acts quickly.”

-

Elsewhere in Urithiru, Aleral lay, a pool of blood spreading out slowly from his multiple wounds. He stared--eyelessly--at the ceiling.

No one came.

Moros (2) : Agrigar Leiken, Kael of the Forge
Frank Au Faliu (2) : Aleral, Deadeye
Yallah (1) : Yallah

Locke Tekiel (Orlok) was poisoned!
Aleral (Araris Valerian) was killed by the Diagrammists!

Due to the end of this cycle falling on Christmas Day, when I will be on the road for 7 hours, this cycle will end on the 26th.

gre_1451145600.png

Player List

1. Seixa (Phattemer): A man who believes he's a Skybreaker Squire
2. John Doe (Stink): A man who thinks he's a fish
3. Locke Tekiel (Orlok)
4. Agrigar Leiken (Adavantos)
5. Aleral (Araris)
6. Kholak Bagar (Honey Badger)

7. Alycia Kavdar (RippleGylf)
8. Walter Kysley (polking): an Azish soldier
9. Krippe (Kipper): a Urithiru postmaster
10. Malarn (Maill): a man who stinks

11. Sheon Idris (Seonid): the late King of Arelon, seeking vengeance on Mr T and his adherents. I pity da fool.
12. Baheal Edr (Hael): son of the late Ableah
13. Yallah (Tony Shark)
14. Arran Faenel (Aonar)
15. Hellscythe (Hellscythe)
16. Deadeye (Kynedath)
17. Slalassalas (Paranoid King): swordfighter who's "defeated" many Horneaters
18. Kael of the Forge (Elkanah): an eager emigrant
19. Frank "Gold Frank" Au Faliu (Feligon): a pirate with an nonflying(?) pirate ship, looking for his brother
20. Starri (Starry Smite): an overlooked brightlady
21. Citona Vinid (Shallan)
22. Arina (Arraenae)

23. Torren (Twei): an ex-Skybreaker Radiant, ditched by his spren   :(
24. Inor Haze (Creccio)
25. Maximilianos Sebarial (Venture)
26. Lopen (The Mighty Lopen)
27. Jain (Lightsworn Panda): a walking, talking panda
28. Moros (DeathClutch)
29. Edurams (Sart)
30. Bort (Bort)
31. Mace (Mace Windu): a strange man who wields a purple sword-thing
32. Ashei Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
33. Cla (Clanky)
34. Elba (Elbereth)
35. Zas (Zas): a creative shoemaker seeking flesh for new shoes
36. Lorna (Alvron): a huntress

Edited by Alvron

Wonderful, PK. Thanks for letting us know. This faction war is getting crazy. Don't have much to say other than an increasing worry about our lack of information. And our increasingly precarious communications situation. It's not panic time yet, but it's getting close, I think.

Hey everyone. In spirit of the holidays I'm going to do you guys a favor by announcing publicly that I am the Diagrammist Cook. I'm sure some of you are wondering why I would admit that, so before anyone asks allow me to explain. Basically, after PK announced that Sart was a Scholar, a few of us got to talking and realized how incredibly unfair it is that two (Kipper and him) have died already and only one has actually claimed, putting you guys at a severe information disadvantage. Instead of pursuing an easy win we started forming ideas that could help the game progress better without costing us the chance to win entirely, and after much deliberation this is what we've decided. So yeah, I'm evil, and honestly I'm sorry. About an hour and a half before the game began I was actually talking to STINK in the LG15 Dead Doc about how badly I wanted this to start, and he made a comment about me being eager to kill people and I explained to him that it was the part that I regretted most about SE and made a joke about being a Diagrammist Cook. Needless to say I nearly choked to death on seeds when I received the PM not too long after. Anyway, I suggest that players go back and analyze all of my posts (or PMs if you have them). Knowing my alignment, there should be enough hints for you to determine some others. I'm a bit sad that this might mean the end of my Win/Survival Streak as an eliminator, but ultimately I think that the fun of this game should not be spent to preserve my record thus far.

To my fellow Diagrammists who were not present to the discussion, I'm sorry if you disagree with me taking this action, however so long as I'm the only one who comes out like this then I don't think the damage will be too colossal. I also suggest that the fourth Scholar, whoever you are (if you're even still alive) come out into the open. I can guarantee you protection due to me being in contact with a Son of Honor Surgeon, if it makes you feel any better about it. But if you decide not to and if the village keeps me alive, I promise to honestly reveal if a single dead player, as decided upon by the village, is innocent or evil once every cycle. That being said, you guys can vote for which player's alignment I reveal through a vote like this: Orlok. Keep in mind however that if you continue to keep me alive I will also continue to use my ability to kill inactive innocents. So really it's up to all of you. Keep me alive at the cost of one life per cycle to get some extra info or kill me now and depend on PK. I leave you all to discuss this, as well as possible suspects based off my posts so far.

Also, for players unfamiliar how to get all of a single player's posts up on one page, here's some instructions:

1. Go to my profile.
  2. Click "Find content" above the green reputation block on the right.
  3. Click "Only posts" using the menu list on the left.
  4. Read away.

Happy hunting, mates.

Edited by Adavantos