The Knights Theoretic

• 3 months later...

Hey, I realize that this isn't specifically about Cosmere Theories, so feel free to kill me, but I'd appreciate the help of some Theorybreakers, Theoryshapers and Theoryweavers in developing a magic system of my own. See more here: Artifice Wars - Artifice & Infusions. I'm especially looking for inconsistencies and/or problems in the system (Theorybreakers) and different ideas for Infusions and their derivatives (Theoryshapers and Theoryweavers)

PS: I'll eventually join the Ranks of the Knights Theoretic, but for now, I haven't spent enough time discussing Cosmere theory to know if I am a Theorybreaker, a Theoryweaver, a Theoryshaper or a Theorysmith.

• 1 month later...

Facts before guessing.
Checking before assuming.
Reason before conclusion.

I'm not sure what order my theoryspren is tied to. Any help would be nice. Just take a look at my latest theory (It's about Raoden as a vessel for Benevolence). It's a loose one, but it has potential. I eventually did some more reading and tore some of it apart myself, but I was still willing to throw out a loose theory just because of how cool it could be. So, that leaves me with 6 potential orders, and my spren really is confusing me.

BTW, once I find my proper order, I'll start figuring out what my order's oaths/ideals are.

• 7 months later...

*does some necromancy*

I kind of feel obligated to join here...

The question isn't whether I should join, but which order I fit best...

Theoryrunners: I tend to be skeptical of other's theories, though I will typically defend my own to the death, even if I do not fully believe them myself, so I doubt I would fit here.
Theorybreakers: I indeed judge theories and point out inconsistencies, but I prefer creating theories myself, so I also doubt I would fit here.
Theorybringers: Controversial theories? Like making a theory that the Shardic Intents are derived from the Surges?
Theorydancers: I might not be bad at remembering WoBs, but I don't come close to, say, the Arcanists, so I doubt I'd fit here.
Theorywatchers: Nope, sometimes I just go completely on a limb for a theory, though I do then look for discussion to judge it's reliability. Another road to the same goal, so not a fit for me.
Theoryweavers: I like to take on the big stuff, so this isn't my order.
Theorycallers: I'm not really one to mix and match theories; I prefer just writing fully new theories instead.
Theoryshapers: Facts and elements known, and then extrapolating. A very good fit. I do a lot of extrapolating, but I always make certain to have the base grounded in facts or, if facts on the subject are absent, reasonable assumptions.
Theorywards: I don't abandon theories, as I mentioned under Theoryrunners. Or, if I do, I replace them with something superior.
Theorysmiths: Eh, I might do that on occasion, but certainly not often.

So I guess it's most likely theorybringers or theoryshapers, maybe theorywards. I think the best fit might just be theoryshapers, though with a focus on the extrapolating.

Facts before guessing.
Checking before assuming.
Reason before conclusion.

Also, I just realized I am very big on the third part of the First Ideal. I occasionally spend days or even weeks sitting on a theory in Word, working it out in the greatest detail, as well as attempting to not retrofit my extrapolations to fit what we know is true (I was actually very big on this in my Shard theory in particular).