Returned physique

Stormgate

I see the returned as people with a Cognitive Aspect build by the outsider factor (probably imprinted by the Divine Breath) and their Physiscal Aspect (as Returned) that emutale the Cognitive Aspect (like some Feruchemist with a lot of Health). When they suppres the Divine Breath their cognitive aspect return "normal" and the their body return at the original state.

So, even if say, Jewels (chosen because of the absence of Royal Locks) got to the 5th Heightening, she wouldn't be able to change her body like the Returned do?

people with the 5th Heightening is rare but there is some of it in the City. And nobody knows about her ability of "changing body" therefore:

1- Simply having many breath don't give you this ability

2- Nobody that have the right amount of Breaths discovered this possibilities.

The Returneds himself don't know that they can change body.

It is almost certainly tied to the Divine Breath and has nothing to do with reaching the 5th Heightening. The Idrian royal family retains a modicum of the ability because they are descended from the Returned, and they don't have any Breath beyond the one they were born with.

It is almost certainly tied to the Divine Breath and has nothing to do with reaching the 5th Heightening. The Idrian royal family retains a modicum of the ability because they are descended from the Returned, and they don't have any Breath beyond the one they were born with.

You have right but the Idrian Royal family had a single breath above the average (brobably worth 2-3 standard Breaths) but nothing like the 5th Heightening required.

They all have only one Breath; it's just a strong one. I'm about 90% sure of that. Where are you getting that it's worth 2-3 regular ones, Yata? I thought it was more powerful, but I got the impression that it was maybe 1.5 strength or something.

• Chaos locked this topic