The Ookla Thread

Kipper

Well, you know what they say. If all the other kids jump off the bridge, then--

Wait a minute. I don't think anyone's ever tested what happens! Which means now's a great time for a social experiment!

OKAY. HERE'S HOW THIS WILL WORK. There is now a bomb hidden on this bridge. It will go off in twenty minutes. Trying to escape from either of the sides will make it detonate automatically. The only way to defuse it is for 50% of the people to jump off, taking their chances with a long fall and the icy rapids below!

It's not evil if it's for !!science!!

1 2 3 GO!

Wait a minute. I don't think anyone's ever tested what happens! Which means now's a great time for a social experiment!

OKAY. HERE'S HOW THIS WILL WORK. There is now a bomb hidden on this bridge. It will go off in twenty minutes. Trying to escape from either of the sides will make it detonate automatically. The only way to defuse it is for 50% of the people to jump off, taking their chances with a long fall and the icy rapids below!

1 2 3 GO!

1 2 3 GO!

Science was not capitalized.  <_< 

I refuse to take part in this abomination of SCIENCE! until this mistake is rectified.

*Sits down grumpily*

Science was not capitalized.  <_< 

I refuse to take part in this abomination of SCIENCE! until this mistake is rectified.

*Sits down grumpily*

Science is only CAPITALIZED if you expect to make CAPITAL from it. This is just my hobby!

Now hand over your upvotes or the Slowpoke gets it!

zMh2133.jpg

Science is only CAPITALIZED if you expect to make CAPITAL from it. This is just my hobby!

Now hand over your upvotes or the Slowpoke gets it!

zMh2133.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about. As you can clearly see I'm not affiliated with slowpokes in any way.  :ph34r: 

(By the way... you're a monster.)

Ookla the Ensconced continues to be anonymous!  :lol:

That or everyone knows my true identity and is just being polite by not sharing it.  :ph34r:

I know who you are from Salem but i don't want to ruin your annonimus streak. :ph34r:

Everyone knows the monkey by his green numbers. :ph34r:

I don't know what you're talking about. As you can clearly see I'm not affiliated with slowpokes in any way.  :ph34r: 

(By the way... you're a monster.)

Oh, I know very well who you are... Mrs. Voidus! What would your dear husband say if he knew you allowed a Slowpoke to meet an explosive end on your watch?

(I am only what this thread has made of me! "I want to see K_____'s Ookla," they said! Let them tremble now when they see what it is they begged for!")

Edited by Kobold King

Oh, I know very well who you are... Mrs. Voidus! What would your dear husband say if he knew you allowed a Slowpoke to meet an explosive end on your watch?

(I am only what this thread has made of me! "I want to see K_____'s Ookla," they said! Let them tremble now when they see what it is they begged for!"

Holy mother of...

You started a parentheses but didn't end it.

Close the bracket! Close it for god's sake!

*Twitches violently*

1 2 3 GO!

50% of the "people"? Will the bomb defuse if 50% of the users on the bridge classify themselves as non-human?

(Also, what happens if there's an odd number of people on the bridge? x.x)

(I am only what this thread has made of me! "I want to see K_____'s Ookla," they said! Let them tremble now when they see what it is they begged for!"

Holy mother of...

You started a parentheses but didn't end it.

Close the bracket! Close it for god's sake!

*Twitches violently*

Also: You ended that sentence with a preposition! You barstud!

50% of the "people"? Will the bomb defuse if 50% of the users on the bridge classify themselves as non-human?

(Also, what happens if there's an odd number of people on the bridge? x.x)

Congratulations, you picked what I hereby identify as "The Tumblr Approach."

Bomb blows up!

(Then you throw half of a person off the bridge! Easy-peasy if you have your fractions down!]

Ok, well- what if 50% of the people jump off the bridge, but hang onto a support or the bottom of the bridge? (Or tie themselves to the bridge using a makeshift rope). The bomb defuses, and the 50% pull themselves back up- meaning 100% of people survive

Ok, well- what if 50% of the people jump off the bridge, but hang onto a support or the bottom of the bridge? (Or tie themselves to the bridge using a makeshift rope). The bomb defuses, and the 50% pull themselves back up- meaning 100% of people survive

We're what happens when an amateur pseudo-philosopher meets an Internet nitpicker.

I think we're destined to do this forever...

We're what happens when an amateur pseudo-philosopher meets an Internet nitpicker.

I think we're destined to do this forever...

The Doctor is on the bridge!  He takes 50% of the people away in the TARDIS.  Everyone lives.