Stormgate

Feruchemical Steel suspended animation

9 posts in this topic

So, in one thread on this board that I don't want to source, it is theorized that tapping a steelmind essentially makes a bendalloy bubble around you and only you. So, then, could you live for much longer than you otherwise would? Of course you would still age, but assuming you don't get shot and you have an external food supply and all that, could you survive indefinitely? With, of course, steelminds being changed once filled.

So, in one thread on this board that I don't want to source, it is theorized that tapping a steelmind essentially makes a bendalloy bubble around you and only you. So, then, could you live for much longer than you otherwise would? Of course you would still age, but assuming you don't get shot and you have an external food supply and all that, could you survive indefinitely? With, of course, steelminds being changed once filled.

You mean by storing into the metalmind and thus slowing yourself, ageing included? Maybe, it's hard to say, given how wonky f!steel is right now.

Edited by Ookla the precise

I recognize cadmium bubbles would be much more reliable, but my theory is whether Steel Ferrings could cause the same effect. Also, it would be cheaper.

Well you could only live for maybe 20% longer, plus storing that much for that long would probably have some adverse effects.

I recognize cadmium bubbles would be much more reliable, but my theory is whether Steel Ferrings could cause the same effect. Also, it would be cheaper. 

Sorry, i meant cadmium bubbles instaed of bendalloy bubbles

Well you could only live for maybe 20% longer, plus storing that much for that long would probably have some adverse effects.

why do you say 20% longer?

why do you say 20% longer?

Brandon's figure for an approximate amount that ferrings can store (Though that might have been for pewter but same principle)

*Edit: to clarify, the amount that a ferring can store safely without killing themselves, not the maximum they could possibly store.

Edited by Voidus

That's pretty interesting information, actually. A lot less than one might think.