Killing a Steel Inquisitor. What would it take?

Thermophile

And correct me if I'm wrong. But Kelsier and Vin didn't easily pull the spikes out. And they had pewter. So I don't see how a person without pewter should ever be able to pull a spike

No Kelsier swung an axe and beheaded it.  That is within normal human ability if the inquisitor is being held down.

Yeah, but as he was stuck i have to agree with Charononus. I guess it would be possible for a normal human, maybe not that easy, but possible.

I can't remember that exactly sadly... (gotta reread Mistborn trilogy...) When Marsh pulled the spikes, you didn't really read how he did it... hard to know how much effort it took him. Wasn't it like someone actually tried to pull a spike, and it was really hard to get it out?

Yeah, but as he was stuck i have to agree with Charononus. I guess it would be possible for a normal human, maybe not that easy, but possible.

I can't remember that exactly sadly... (gotta reread Mistborn trilogy...) When Marsh pulled the spikes, you didn't really read how he did it... hard to know how much effort it took him. Wasn't it like someone actually tried to pull a spike, and it was really hard to get it out?

Not the way Kelsier did it, with a side swing, particularly not for a thug. Maybe overhand a normal person could manage it.

Not the way Kelsier did it, with a side swing, particularly not for a thug. Maybe overhand a normal person could manage it.

While this is true,  a group of normal humans wouldn't be using Kelsier's exact methods,  but holding the thing down and then someone doing the chopping.  

While this is true,  a group of normal humans wouldn't be using Kelsier's exact methods,  but holding the thing down and then someone doing the chopping.  

But the Inquisitor (and every Mistborn) may use any anchor to free himself from the people. You forget the high mobility that Iron/Steel give to an Allomancer

Normal humans aren't going to beat a Steel Inquitor for raw strenght or power. You could only win by sneaking up and pulling a spike, or using an aluminum arrow. Having mistings in your group would help, but you're still going to need surprise, at least to some extent.

A prepared feruchemist could take out an unsuspecting Inquisitor farily easily, just steel + pewter the back spike.

In book 2, Vin stated that they had defeated several Inquisitors before then, but that one was covering the back spike.

A feruchemist with an aluminum spear would still work, though.

Well we only know of one feruchemist who was willing to fight and Aluminium was way too rare to create an entire spear of it.

But the Inquisitor (and every Mistborn) may use any anchor to free himself from the people. You forget the high mobility that Iron/Steel give to an Allomancer

Yet in The Final Empire book,  as the revolt has begun,  someone,  I think it's Breeze says something along the lines of "Kel showed us how to take down the inquistors,  just get enough people to hold them down and then chop their head off.",  this is a statement that the entire crew seems to agree with.  I'm inclined to believe that a crew of mistings, all familiar with allomancy has a pretty good idea if enough people would be able to physically restrain an inquistor even with all their allomantic powers.

Wouldn't it be impossible for inquisitors to "see" aluminum?  They rely on metal sight, which, conveniently enough, means that anything made of aluminum should be completely invisible to them.

Getting it in large quantities would be an issue, but with alloys and such, you could probably stretch a bar or two enough to make a deceptively harmless weapon.

In my opinion, the best way is to cover the Inquisitor in arrows to distract him, hamper his mobility and force him to land, them throw as many pikeman at him as you can and hope they can impale him many at once to hold him down, them chop off his head or dismember him or crush him into a bloody pulp or just impale him so much his torso is but a bloody pulp.

You could lose anything between dozens and hundreds of hazekillers, but it could work, in the same way mobbing a shardbearer with spearmen can work once in fifty years.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

In my opinion, the best way is to cover the Inquisitor in arrows to distract him, hamper his mobility and force him to land, them throw as many pikeman at him as you can and hope they can impale him many at once to hold him down, them chop off his head or dismember him or crush him into a bloody pulp or just impale him so much his torso is but a bloody pulp.

You could lose anything between dozens and hundreds of hazekillers, but it could work, in the same way mobbing a shardbearer with spearmen can work once in fifty years.

This is an excellent analogy imo.  Yeah it's very very hard to do,  and you pay a ruinous price to do it,  but it can be done.

Wouldn't it be impossible for inquisitors to "see" aluminum?  They rely on metal sight, which, conveniently enough, means that anything made of aluminum should be completely invisible to them.

Getting it in large quantities would be an issue, but with alloys and such, you could probably stretch a bar or two enough to make a deceptively harmless weapon.

And the fact that gold can't heal aluminum wounds, don't forget about that.

And the fact that gold can't heal aluminum wounds, don't forget about that.

You'd have to keep them impaled for that, probably, but that too.

Which ironically means that the whole Eleventh Metal thing is technically more true with aluminum than malatium. An aluminum spear to the chest and Rashek's going down. Expensive as hell though.

You'd have to keep them impaled for that, probably, but that too.

Which ironically means that the whole Eleventh Metal thing is technically more true with aluminum than malatium. An aluminum spear to the chest and Rashek's going down. Expensive as hell though.

I you used an arrow that is designed to have the head fall off when pulled, they'd likely die without knowing what happened.

But I too, find it hilarious that the TLR true weakness was being used as dishware by noblemen. They had to have known about it's allomantic repression properties, right?

Edited by Thermophile

Actually since they rely on their steelsight I think they'd notice it immediately, it'd be the one big spear shaped hole in their vision so they'd not only immediately realize you had a spear but also that they couldn't push or pull on it.

Aluminum is such a light metal that I question the accuracy at that range.

I was assuming we had modern tech. But yeah, you'd need an American Sniper type dude to pull it off. But i think its doable. Create a shell with heavier metal on the outside, disposed of mid flight, left with aluminum bullet with more accuracy. And I KNOW thats doable. And if all else fails, space based weaopnry Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

Actually since they rely on their steelsight I think they'd notice it immediately, it'd be the one big spear shaped hole in their vision so they'd not only immediately realize you had a spear but also that they couldn't push or pull on it.

I don't think they'd notice a 'hole', just somebody in a posture that would suggest they're holding something, but with nothing there.

I don't think they'd notice a 'hole', just somebody in a posture that would suggest they're holding something, but with nothing there.

Well it'd block all the steel lines behind it so pretty sure they'd notice it.