Killing a Steel Inquisitor. What would it take?

Thermophile

Doesn't the size of the mind matter?  They said they weren't able to find it.  Which means that it was a very small metalmind in physical size.  A large spike of gold,  would I believe be a different story.

Or it was completely inside of him.

You can't see aluminum with atium.

Ooh. That bring up possibilities for Inquisitor-killing. There wasn't any aluminum in the Final Empire, though, so it's kind of moot.

Edited by Thermophile

Doesn't the size of the mind matter?  They said they weren't able to find it.  Which means that it was a very small metalmind in physical size.  A large spike of gold,  would I believe be a different story.

This is Miles we're talking about, he probably gold-plated the inside of his skull.

This is Miles we're talking about, he probably gold-plated the inside of his skull.

You know, I probably should have made the Miles/Wolverine connection before now.  Thank you, dear sir, for giving me a mental image of Miles popping gold-plated claws.  ^_^

Edited by Kaymyth

Well, this came up on the wiki 

The Steel spikes inserted into eye sockets allow the Inquisitor to navigate via the blue Allomantic lines from the traces of metals in everything. 

comes from the coppermind so take with a grain of salt but it sounds like there were two.

The original discussion was on how many soldiers would be needed. You really need hazekillers. So, how many hazekillers does it take to kill an Inquisitor? (Assuming the Inquisitor is alone)

Seventeen. Eight to hold down the limbs, (two each), eight to shield from incoming metal projectiles, and one to pull out the linchpin spike.

The original discussion was on how many soldiers would be needed. You really need hazekillers. So, how many hazekillers does it take to kill an Inquisitor? (Assuming the Inquisitor is alone)

Seventeen. Eight to hold down the limbs, (two each), eight to shield from incoming metal projectiles, and one to pull out the linchpin spike.

Plus fifty to cover him with arrows, ten to impale him with wooden pikes so he can be immobile, and at least two hundred to die before the archers hit him enough times.

Uhh, what makes you think that 2 hazekillers per limb is even close to the amount needed to hold down an inquisitor who can flare pewter??

Or it was completely inside of him.

Plating bones or any other large object would be found.  They may not have x-rays.  But they certainly could do a cavity search and palpate his abdomen.  This leaves the skull and chest.  The skull doesn't have enough free space for something large and the chest,  while having room,  would create several signs that a doctor could read.  Because of this,  I don't believe he could have hidden something much larger than a ring.

Eh, with aluminium guns a well planned ambush could even kill a full Mistborn with atium rather easily, so at that point it isn't much of a challenge. (Plus, I'd really like to try if a chaff grenade could block external metals) :ph34r:

Sniper at 1 mile distance using aluminum bullets. .50 cal. Heads gone (or at the very least torso's in half). Bullets moving fast enough he wouldnt even hear a sound. And I doubt atium would help, since he would be unawares.

Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

Sniper at 1 mile distance using aluminum bullets. .50 cal. Heads gone (or at the very least torso's in half). Bullets moving fast enough he wouldnt even hear a sound. And I doubt atium would help, since he would be unawares.

Aluminum is such a light metal that I question the accuracy at that range.

If gold feruchemy can't heal aluminum wounds, so an aluminum-tipped arrowhead would kill an Inquisitor if it hit the head, and the Inquisitor would have no reason to dodge.

Heck, it is directly stated that crossbows existed, but were merely repressed by TLR. I imagine one of those with an aluminum tip would kill an Inquisitor quite nicely.

Or The Lord Ruler, if you want to go in that direction.

EDIT: I don't think the range would be that much of a problem. If someone is 'trained to kill Inquisitors', I'd count hitting a moving target in the head with a crossbow reliably and quickly part of that. The Inqusitor would have no reason to think of the person as a real threat untill it was dead.

Edited by Thermophile

If gold feruchemy can't heal aluminum wounds, so an aluminum-tipped arrowhead would kill an Inquisitor if it hit the head, and the Inquisitor would have no reason to dodge.

Heck, it is directly stated that crossbows existed, but were merely repressed by TLR. I imagine one of those with an aluminum tip would kill an Inquisitor quite nicely.

Or The Lord Ruler, if you want to go in that direction.

EDIT: I don't think the range would be that much of a problem. If someone is 'trained to kill Inquisitors', I'd count hitting a moving target in the head with a crossbow reliably and quickly part of that. The Inqusitor would have no reason to think of the person as a real threat untill it was dead.

People are talking about aluminum bullets because they don't show up with iron or steel,  which means they couldn't see it coming or try to deflect it.  My comment with accuracy is that from my admittedly limited understanding,  shooting at sniper ranges such as a mile away are already heavily influenced by the wind.  A lead bullet is heavier than an aluminum bullet,  so a lead bullet would have more inertia to any side to side movement,  that lesser inertia is what makes me question if a shot could be made from a mile away with a bullet made from such a light weight material.

Oh sure, but guns that work only appeared after Inquisitors, with the exception of Marsh, all died. I can't imagine an inquisitor burning atium for something as seemingly harmless as a shaft of wood, even if aimed at the head.

Actually, I'd argue that TLR would be more vulnerable to an aluminum arrohead, since he doesn't have steelvision.

Oh sure, but guns that work only appeared after Inquisitors, with the exception of Marsh, all died. I can't imagine an inquisitor burning atium for something as seemingly harmless as a shaft of wood, even if aimed at the head.

Actually, I'd argue that TLR would be more vulnerable to an aluminum arrohead, since he doesn't have steelvision.

Gut feeling,  Marsh won't be alone much longer.

Aluminium is almost impossible to get that early on, let alone in quantities great enough to waste it on entire weapons.

Now a crossbow bolt might do the trick but you'd need to make the entire crossbow without using any metal other than Aluminium which would be problematic at best.

Then you'd need to devote a large number of people to protecting your crossbow wielder since one bolt is unlikely to do it and the Inquisitor would probably return fire pretty quickly. In fact at the kind of range you'd need to be at to guarantee a killing shot he'd probably notice you and shoot a coin through your face before oyu even got the first shot off.

Aluminium is almost impossible to get that early on, let alone in quantities great enough to waste it on entire weapons.

Now a crossbow bolt might do the trick but you'd need to make the entire crossbow without using any metal other than Aluminium which would be problematic at best.

Then you'd need to devote a large number of people to protecting your crossbow wielder since one bolt is unlikely to do it and the Inquisitor would probably return fire pretty quickly. In fact at the kind of range you'd need to be at to guarantee a killing shot he'd probably notice you and shoot a coin through your face before oyu even got the first shot off.

Or one of those evil little triangles.  Did those ever get a name?