Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

Yeah, I should clarify that. There are no hints or such within the write ups. I choose people based on how well they'd fit into the story, not for any subtle or clever reason. Don't get me wrong, I'll be sitting here, laughing my head off, if something matches up like that, but I won't do it to hint at anything. Feel free to read into my write ups as much as you want though. As long as you enjoy them, that's all I care about! :)

Well, I certainly do! In my humble opinion, all of your major posts in this Thread should have the "popular" star.

Hey Quiver, don't beat yourself up. I just looked back on stuff and Grayv was definitely the most suspicious looking dude. The whole 'I don't care if I die', while noble when true, usually looks like you're a rat trying to look noble. Good point on Edgar. I think I'm leaning towards him as well.

Gambles solemnly finished his bottle of whisky outside in the square where the towns people killed Grayv last night.
What a mess, he thought. We're doing the enemies work for them. And we're no closer to getting out of this than before.
Although it wasn't a total loss for him. Gambles was a known better, and it's not his fault people were willing to wager on things, no matter how morbid. Fact was, he didn't believe Grayv was guilty and had bet on his innocence. He's not to blame for profiting of other's misfortune.

"I say we give Edgar a chance to speak for himself before we cast any more votes" He said, to a general agreement of everybody around. Public opinion was swaying towards Edgar as the next suspect, but like he said, Gambles didn't want to send another innocent man to the chopping block before he had a chance to defend himself.

Although that blacksmith is pretty darned strong, Gambles mused, maybe a little too strong. I wonder how much pewter he has at his forge...

In the actual game, people aren't allowed to discuss things during night-time.

Think of it this way. The Spiked are listening. If they know people will keep talking, it behooves them to hold off on their actions, letting all the normal people talk longer and giving them more to work with. In other words, by discussing the game, you might be slowing down the game.

I think the roleplay is awesome and should absolutely continue, but I for one solemnly vow not to discuss past or future votes, or my suspicions or anything, because I want to encourage all the nighttime people to cast their votes as quickly as possible, to move the game along.

Just one man's opinion. My apologies if I sound like I'm trying to arbitrate the game.

In the actual game, people aren't allowed to discuss things during night-time.

Think of it this way. The Spiked are listening. If they know people will keep talking, it behooves them to hold off on their actions, letting all the normal people talk longer and giving them more to work with. In other words, by discussing the game, you might be slowing down the game.

I think the roleplay is awesome and should absolutely continue, but I for one solemnly vow not to discuss past or future votes, or my suspicions or anything, because I want to encourage all the nighttime people to cast their votes as quickly as possible, to move the game along.

Just one man's opinion. My apologies if I sound like I'm trying to arbitrate the game.

I think that sounds like a good idea, and I don't think you're overstepping your bounds at all by offering the suggestion. :) That being said, unless the GM says otherwise, people should be able to do as they wish. :) And on that note, I'd like to say that while I'm truly flattered that Edgar decided NOT to vote for my death, his "band-wagon hopping" does seem slightly suspicious. XD

“You know what wanderer means? Neither do I, but it means not one of us good people! He’s probably behind all this!”

It seems that there are some who are confused as to the meaning of 'Wanderer'. Allow me to set the record straight for those of you who do not know. It does NOT mean suspicious, as some are apparently thinking. It merely means "Scadrial's Most Eligible Homeless Roaming Bachelor." ;) 

Edgar felt miserable. Someone had to do it and so he did it but the guilt was still his. One coud try to make an excuse that the action was forced upon him but Edgar coudn´t.

He locked himself inside his home. He didn´t deserve to see the others, not after kiling one of them, an innocent, a friend. Sadly things weren´t over yet. More death woud come. The death of friends. But please don´t let something like today happen again.

I´ll wait to defend myself after the next day round starts but damm, please don´t let me be next.

Also, sorry Gravy I also fell bad.

Just a heads up everyone: I finally got everyone's night orders. Unfortunately, I've only got another 10 minutes before my next class, so I won't be able to do the write up until later. Expect it an hour or two early, but that's the earliest I can get it to you.

On the bright side, this one should be a ton of fun! ;)

Day 2 (Beggars can’t be Choosers)

Jason considered himself a very practical man. When one has to live on the streets, one learns how to separate things into needs and desires. That’s why, while everyone else talked and blustered, he would sit quietly and watch. He knew what the towns needs were. They needed to find those who were sabotaging their ability to defend against the Koloss. After the day though, he realized that all they really desired was revenge. The image of the crowd, calling for blood, followed him as he made his way through the alleyways towards his prefered sleeping spot. It wasn’t much, just another section of an alley, but the wall was connected to Edgar’s forge and there was a slight overhang to help keep off the rain.

“Fools, the lot of them,” he snorted. “They need to stop letting their nerves get the better of them or else we’re all doomed.”

Maybe next time, he’d have to speak up. He didn’t like being the center of attention, but if the rest of them couldn’t be reasonable, then he’d have to do it. He had just about reached his spot when he heard a sound that no beggar would mistake; the sound of a ringing coin. It was coming from just around the next corner. He peeked around the edge to see someone in a hooded cloak, flipping a single coin into the air and catching it. It was difficult to tell in the mists, but it looked like the cloaked figure was watching and waiting for something. Could this be one of the traitors, out to butcher someone else? Surprisingly, Jason found himself compelled to stay and see what was happening.

It didn’t take long before he saw another figure walking down the street. The mists were a little lighter tonight, but even so, Jason couldn’t make out who it was. The newcomer was apparently oblivious to the trap he was about to walk into. Just before Jason could call out in warning, the coin the hooded stranger was flipping stopped in mid flip and shot out of the alley at a blinding speed.

“And they claim another one of us,” Jason thought, as the coin whipped through the mist towards its target. At the very last moment, the newcomer seemed to be pushed to the side by unseen hands and the coin whizzed past him. It was too far away to tell, but Jason could almost sense the sudden panic in their stance.

The stranger cursed and pulled out a few more coins, throwing them out in front of him and then pushing on them. Then newcomer was pushed again, barely dodging the coins before starting to run.

The stranger rushed out of the alley after him and Jason ran up to where he had been standing. It was one thing to hear of these strange powers called Allomancy and entirely another to see them happening right in front of him.

The stranger had another set of coins at the ready and there was nowhere for the newcomer to hide along the street. Just before the stranger threw out his third attempt, the newcomer seemed to stop in his tracks and fly backwards and upwards. The stranger had to throw himself out of the way or be kicked in the head. The newcomer flew up and over the roof of one of the buildings and fell out of sight.

Jason followed his flight with his jaw hanging open.

“Amazing, isn’t it,” whispered a voice behind him.

Jason nodded, then jumped in startlement. He started to turn towards the voice, but the dagger slit his throat before he had done more than turn his head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason was just a REGULAR VILLAGER. Day 2 begins! I think the 36 hours worked out pretty well, so we’ll continue with that. I may not be able to post the write ups exactly on time, but any vote made after 36 hours from this post will not be counted.  

Link to Updated Player List

Edited by Metacognition

Only if the Coinshot wants to tell you. If there isn't a death, I'm not revealing names, roles, or allegiance. In a way, that's a good thing for you guys. Then the Spiked don't know who is whom and who was targeted either and at least the Coinshot knows who he targeted. What they make of said information is another story. 

Edited by Metacognition

Ah, thanks. I think rule discussion is pretty in-game, btw. ;)

---

So to discussion. If I were the Lurcher (and I'm not ;)), I would just target myself, so that leaves whoever the Coinshot is (also not me ;)) knowing who the Lurcher is and therefore knowing the identity of a friendly. This leaves the Lurcher free from the Coinshot's privations for the future and lets him/her focus on defending others, fear of the Spiked not-withstanding.

That leaves the rest of us in the dark, but now the Lurcher can be a bit more proactive, so that's helpful.

Only if the Coinshot wants to tell you. If there isn't a death, I'm not revealing names, roles, or allegiance. In a way, that's a good thing for you guys. Then the Spiked don't know who is whom and who was targeted either and at least the Coinshot knows who he targeted. What they make of said information is another story. 

Are you saying that the Spiked don't have the Coinshot? Because if they did, they WOULD know who was targeted, right? Haha, watch your words more carefully, GM... ;)

Are you saying that the Spiked don't have the Coinshot? Because if they did, they WOULD know who was targeted, right? Haha, watch your words more carefully, GM... ;)

The OP tells us that the Lurcher Coinshot is village-only, though now that I look back I suppose it could have been the mistborn...

Edited by Kurkistan

The Mistborn has access to all the roles. So yes, the Mistborn could very well get Village roles even if they were Spiked. It's part of the reason the Mistborn is such a dangerous role. If the Mistborn gets Coinshot, either the Town or the Spiked could technically kill two people at night and crazy things like that. It's meant to be a game changer. 

And Kurkistan, all my posts, other than the write ups, are in blue. That way people can keep me separate from the game. :)

Edited by Metacognition