Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

I'll be starting classes this Wednesday, so 8 and 8 probably won't work as well for me, as I'll be in class during the late one. Plus, I'll need time to put together the write ups. 

That said, I'm sure I can figure out some form of work around and keep things moving steadily. I'll work with whatever you guys like. 

Starting classes? No way! Me too!

When I said 8 and 8, I meant x and x. Heck, I don't care if you do 1 and 1, or any number between 1 and 12. As long as its not thirteen.

Jokes aside, the write ups every 2 days is already a lot of work for just a game, and whatever your able to manage will be perfect :D. I'll take the write ups as they come. Upvote for flexibility.

Classes where you guys are seem to start at very different times to here (Australia). Here high-school/primary-school don't go back till the end of January and University doesn't go back till the end of Feb. On a related note, timing isn't all that much of an issue for me atm. ;) I am working a bit but I still have a good amount of spare time when I am well enough to take advantage of it.

Sorry for being away for so long, but I've been busy moving. Plus, I only have time today for this single post:

I've been absent, but I've hear all of your arguments. Quite frankly, I am a bit suspicious about certain players, but since I came so late to the discussion, I am going to voice my thoughts tommorrow, rather, and vote with the majority today. Sorry, Grayv, nothing personal, but right now it is better to just kill someone rather than do nothing.

I'll agree with Aether. Sorry Grayv, but somebody needs to die... I came back and a few people thought I should go. Haha. And I'd rather you than me. My vote is for you. Nothing personal against you, or drunk veterans anywhere. XD

I do wish I'd had a little more time to decide, but I've been busy these last few days, and just got a look at the forums. :P

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still haven't heard from Darnam... Has anybody else not cast a vote?

Edited by loganmathewjohnson

Well, since by my count, no matter who I vote for, Grayv will die, unless a lot of people come here and edit their votes, so for simplicity's sake i will abstain from voting today. Functionally, this is the exact same thing as if I'd voted for Grayv, or if I'd voted for absolutely anyone else. Unless my math is wrong.

Night 2 (An Army of None)

The reality of what they were up against hit home when the town awoke to find Dr. Digits dead. They obviously couldn’t just sit it out and drown in their misfortune. The traitors must have heard that the town was on to them and decided to act first.

As Quinn yelled “I told you so!” to anyone who would listen (or to anyone within earshot for that matter), in typical, good, old-fashioned mob justice, the town started to suspect the outcasts.

“That bricklayer guy, I think his name is Porridge? He’s too quiet and I heard that he… does… stuff? I’m not entirely sure, but I’ll bet you it was him.”

“You know what wanderer means? Neither do I, but it means not one of us good people! He’s probably behind all this!”

“That little urchin has ruined yet another set of my sheets! If he’s willing to do that, I’ll bet he’s willing to kill too! Let’s get him!”

Just as the crowd was starting to work itself into a frenzy, Grayv stepped right into the middle of it with barely a glance at the corpse. Suddenly, like iron to a lodestone, the crowd’s attention shifted.

“He’s so cold. He barely paid the doctor’s death any attention! Only a killer could be that cold.”

“That twitch of his is obviously a sign of an unstable mind and I’ll bet he drinks to fight away the guilt!”

“With all the battles he’s been in, I’ll bet he’s pierced with metal somewhere!”

As the crowd built itself again into a righteous fury, all while eyeing Grayv, he sighed. He knew what was coming next and he knew there was no way he could change it. They would never be satisfied until their bloodlust was fulfilled. Far better for them to take it out on him than to watch the entire town burn. Besides, he was so very tired. At least this way, he’d finally find some peace.

“So this is how it’s going to be then? Alright, but make this quick. I’ve seen far too many friends and enemies die slowly and if you untrained lot do the same to me, I swear to the Lord Ruler, I’ll come back and haunt you. I’m tired of being haunted by those images myself.”

Grayv strolled through the crowd, his head held high as he calmly went to his death. He knelt before the chopping block as Edgar readied the axe he had gotten out of his shop. Edgar didn’t look too happy about this, but he was probably the strongest man in the town and had thus been forced into the role.

Just as Edgar raised the axe over his head, the axe shining in the fading light, Grayv called out one last time.

“Wait!” He exclaimed as he threw out his hand towards Edgar. The crowd grew silent as he pulled out his flask for one last swig. “Ah,” he sighed. “One for the road.”

In the aftermath, Durnam checked over the corpse as the sun started to set behind him, but he found no sign that Grayv was Spiked. In fact, the only thing of interest was the copper pellets that rolled around in Grayv’s flask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Grayv - 7 (Edgar, Aether, Clancy, Beetle, Quinn, Wilson, Mat)

Mat - 3 (Maill, Gambles, Porridge)

Porridge - 1 (Kurkistan)

Beetle - 1 (Dyring)

Quinn - 1 (Jason)

Grayv turned out to be a REGULAR VILLAGER and a SMOKER! Night 2 begins. Those with night roles, send them in. I’d like to try the 36 hour turns. If everyone gets in their night orders in early, I’ll do the write up early, but you have 36 hours from this posting to get them in.

Link to the Night 1 post with player list. 

Edited by Metacognition

Aether felt guilty for the death of Grayv. True, since he had waited so long to join the accursed debate, his vote hadn't actually had much effect, but he had still been a part of it. His only comfort was that Grayv seemed to have welcomed his death. "At least now the memories will not haunt you anymore." And with that, Aether stalked through the crowd and away from the execution platform.

Why didn't he try and tell us he was a smoker? O.o 
Guess we might have not believed him. But still. very disappointing.

I can't think of any clues on who to suspect yet. We have 36 hours to figure something solid out.
anyone got any ideas?

edited to fix color to OOC.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

"Cause of death: Edgar beheaded him. Hey, forensic criminology is easy!"

Despite himself, Aether laughed at Darman's dark joke, and the guilt burdened him even more. Time to hit the scotch again, Aether thought to himself while disappearing into the twilight.

I hate how I cannot help but cringe at that word ever since the bloody Twilight-saga became mainstream. And it is such a pretty word too! Now temporarily forever ruined until we've finally forgotten about it.

maybe you could tell us more about how Dr. digits died then? ;)

Nope, all I've got to go on his his useless, useless body, and all the footprints and particulates and weapons and blood splatters and lividity and fingerprints. Utterly, utterly worthless to me at our level of technology and scientific reasoning. I only know how Gray died because I was holding the basket.

Oh. damnation.

Entirely inadequate given the situation, but... damnation. Sorry Grayv. Please don't haunt me?

Quinn was leading the cheering as the veteran was beheaded. He waited for the proof of his success with a smug expression, his arms folded over his chest in self-satisfaction. They fell when Durnam announced there were no spikes.

"What? But that... Look again! You didn't do it right!"

He was left gaping open mouthed as the crowd disappeared to bury the thoughts of the dead.

"Well, it could have been him," he mumbled, fidgeting with his cloak. "You all thought so too. It could have been him."

He stood by the chopping block, wringing his hands. Finally, he turned and left to find a drink.

Edgar is looking suspicious. he voted for mat when that's how other people were voting, then switched when it started to look like grayv would win the 'election,' showing that he's anxious for anyone to die that he knows is not a spiked. Also, he's the only one we know for a fact has killed someone. (he had the ax remember.) I know voting is not till the next period, but i wanted to say this in case i die before then.

Edgar is looking suspicious. he voted for mat when that's how other people were voting, then switched when it started to look like grayv would win the 'election,' showing that he's anxious for anyone to die that he knows is not a spiked. Also, he's the only one we know for a fact has killed someone. (he had the ax remember.) I know voting is not till the next period, but i wanted to say this in case i die before then.

You do know that Edgar swung the Axe only because Metacognition wrote it that way, right? While I know I certainly would have been tempted to make a Spiked villager into the headsman, for obviously (and hilarious) symbolical reasons, I do not think the GM would (or at least should not) be so careless. But hey! Can't argue with rampant paranoia! ^^

You do know that Edgar swung the Axe only because Metacognition wrote it that way, right? While I know I certainly would have been tempted to make a Spiked villager into the headsman, for obviously (and hilarious) symbolical reasons, I do not think the GM would (or at least should not) be so careless. But hey! Can't argue with rampant paranoia! ^^

Yeah, I should clarify that. There are no hints or such within the write ups. I choose people based on how well they'd fit into the story, not for any subtle or clever reason. Don't get me wrong, I'll be sitting here, laughing my head off, if something matches up like that, but I won't do it to hint at anything. Feel free to read into my write ups as much as you want though. As long as you enjoy them, that's all I care about! :)

Edited by Metacognition