Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

Grayv walked passed the doctor's body with barely a glance, having seen more dead bodies than he would like to remember. He had steeled his heart long ago so as not to be affected by such gruesome things.

"We have already started to be suspicious of each other," he thought, "but we don't have enough information to figure out who did it yet. I will not cast a vote this day."

Alright, here's my two cents for clues.

Judging by meta's narrative, I guess there are at least two spiked characters. A lot of people are jumping on Mat, but until we get another narrative piece, I'm not prepared to base my thoughts on that.

Instead, I find not voting more suspicious. Voting is the only way we can kill someone, while they are almost guaranteed a kill a night. I see the benefit of not voting when we lack evidence, but I'm prepared to risk killing an innocent here to get said evidence.

So sorry, Grayv, but my votes for you.

Edited by Quiver

ooc - there was the mention of a note for me before the last narrative post(by little Wilson I think), but I did not recieve a pm nor anything else that I could see. Something I missed?

Vote for beetle the urchin.

Cleaning his inn, dyring gossips with those arriving, seeming to shift in suspicion from one to another.

"Killed by knifes he was. We got someone who keeps walking around with knifes all the time. I´m just sayin."

"Outsiders, we don´t know them, like that wanderer. Noone knows what he might have done before."

"Or that little beggar. Surely no sensible working man would kill someone like the doctor, and in such a terrible way? I always thought that urchin had a mean look."

With every sample of gossiping, he seem to get more nervous, until he looks suspiciously at everyone.

"Maybe its many, but surely that little urchin beetle is one of em. He should die. Its not much of a loss if it ent him anyway."

Edited by dyring

I think that Quivers got something. In a game of mafia I played a few weeks ago, the mafia won because he got the vote into a standstill, and he was able to swing it his way. Not killing anybody is worse than pointless. And edgedancer, that's part of the point. If we can prove that someone's lying, then we can say with reasonable certainty that they are Spiked.

My vote is for Grayv, as well.

I think that Quivers got something. In a game of mafia I played a few weeks ago, the mafia won because he got the vote into a standstill, and he was able to swing it his way. Not killing anybody is worse than pointless. And edgedancer, that's part of the point. If we can prove that someone's lying, then we can say with reasonable certainty that they are Spiked.

My vote is for Grayv, as well.

As much as I enjoy being cited as an authority, I disagree with the second part of your post.

Say I'm a coinshot. I could admit to being a Coinshot here. So I could tell everyone "Hey, there's a one in sixteen chance I might kill you tonight". A spiked person then knows what I am and what. I could do. Hell, a non-spiked person might decide I'm a risk and swing the vote my way, because I can kill people as I please.

Or, I can say I'm a normal visitor, in which case I have no night time powers and the only thing I can do is day time phase. That makes me a lesser target, since I only have power in the group, since I need a majority vote. So, less important target.

EDIT: damnation. All my comments come back to mob rule.

Edited by Quiver

OOC: Dyring, you didn't miss anything. As town messenger, I was delivering a message, but there wasn't really any message. At least, not pertinent to the game. So ignore that.

I concur with Quiver and bartbug. Although I'm suspicious of Mat, not killing anyone during the day always works in favor of the mafia (or spiked), without fail. My vote's on grayv.....

Plus, he's a veteran. The odds of him encountering some kind of shrapnel that spiked him are a lot higher for him than those of us who've been in the village doing innocent jobs our entire lives. Just sayin'.

EDIT: I figured out the BBCode, so I just edited to the appropriate colors and took out my comments on not being able to do the text colors.

Edited by little wilson

Um, if you want for someone to be killed, you're not doing it right. As it stood before your vote, Mat would be the one to be killed, with three votes. Now Grayv has three votes too, so it's tied and no one dies. By saying that having no one getting killed during the day is favorable for the Spiked, and then setting it up so that exactly that happens, you're kinda saying you yourself are one of the Spiked. In fact, your action very much suggests to me that you're trying to protect Mat. The only reason for that I can think of is if you're one of the Spiked trying to protect another Spiked. So I'll break the tie, and vote for Mat.

Edited by PorridgeBrick

To whom are you talking? And to be honest, I'm not trying to get it so that no body dies. I was trying to:

a). Kill Grayv, because his idea sounds very Spiked.

b.) Save Mat, yes, but because I feel like a lot of the reason there is attention on him is because he accidently chose a very suspicious persona which in the end means nothing. I mean, it's not fair that he makes a mistake and then he gets killed very first. Right now, Grayv has done the most suspicious thing.

Edited by bartbug

Pretty sure he's talking to me. And I completely disagree. We're not even 12 hours into a 48 hour day. There's still plenty of votes waiting to be cast, and plenty of opportunity to change who we're voting on. If I'd cast that vote 30 minutes before the end of the day, then yeah. That would be very suspicious. But we've got 38 (?) hours left.

Also, I didn't add up the way the votes were going before voting. I'm voting on who's most suspicious to me at this point in time. That's between grayv and Mat. Mat's only posted once (that I've seen), and his semi-suspicious behavior isn't quite enough for me to cast a vote for him. However, the game revolves around killing people, and if you cast a vote not to kill someone, it's probably because you have another method of killing those you want to kill. Typically. I could be wrong about that, and end up eating my words the next time grayv posts. I'm open to changing my vote. But as it stands now, I'm saying grayv.

Edited by little wilson

There are two reasons for why I don't want to cast my vote. First off, I don't know how to change text colors. A friend is going to be helping me learn this stuff (all for this game) Monday afternoon. Second reason, I want to "listen" to everyone else and try to understand their reasoning behind their choice.

Because this is a game, I realize people will think this is just an excuse to get you to change your vote. Don't use this specific reply to change your mind. If I die, I die. I will then watch, learn, and play better next time.

Edited by Grayv

As wilson just said 6 of us are yet to vote at all and everyone else can still change so we still have plenty of time and votes to make certain we don't hit a deadlock. For now the focus should really be on who we think is the most suspicious rather than ensuring that *someone* dies.  We can easily change votes in the last hour or so to ensure someone does if necessary.

Personally I am leaning vaguely towards Grayv for the same reasons that others have already said, he seems the most suspicious thus far. I'm not certain enough to vote yet though.

A thought I have had that I would like to mention is how quickly the spiked team managed to take out the tineye. I mean, on the very first night! They could have just killed Dr Digits, not knowing he was a tineye but with 16 players - the spiked players that isn't huge odds. If they had the seeker or a mistborn who got the power of seeking this round that could have improved their chances of taking out such an important ability straight off the bat. This is far from certain of course but I think the possibility is worth considering. Having the seeker be on the spiked team could be a huge advantage for them. Partly because of the benefits it would grant them in choosing who to kill, but more importantly that would mean that their wouldn't be a villager seeker trying to seek them out!

Edit: Gravy having posted just before I did.

@Gravy, that does make sense but you could still have at least put forward some thoughts as to who it might be, I mean, no vote is set in stone yet or anything. Sorry but I'm still considering you as being, just barely, the most suspicious.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Yeah, that's another thing. Yes, deadlocks are bad, but killing one of our own is even worse.

EDIT: About the deadlocks, Clancy.  I see what you are saying, but if we don't get one of them now, then tomorrow, there will be 14 left, with x many of them still alive, guaranteed. We need to act now, and hit hard.

Edited by bartbug

Yeah, that's another thing. Yes, deadlocks are bad, but killing one of our own is even worse.

True, but at least if we kill someone we have a chance of killing one of the spiked, deadlocking has the same effect as skipping a day cycle. Then again if we kill one of our own we effectively skip forward an extra day. :( In the later game we absolutely cannot afford a deadlock, but I guess in the early game it might not be quite as bad, giving us a chance to get more intel without hastening our own demise. Getting nowhere in a day certainly isn't ideal though.

As wilson just said 6 of us are yet to vote at all and everyone else can still change so we still have plenty of time and votes to make certain we don't hit a deadlock. For now the focus should really be on who we think is the most suspicious rather than ensuring that *someone* dies. We can easily change votes in the last hour or so to ensure someone does if necessary.

Personally I am leaning vaguely towards Grayv for the same reasons that others have already said, he seems the most suspicious thus far. I'm not certain enough to vote yet though.

A thought I have had that I would like to mention is how quickly the spiked team managed to take out the tineye. I mean, on the very first night! They could have just killed Dr Digits, not knowing he was a tineye but with 16 players - the spiked players that isn't huge odds. If they had the seeker or a mistborn who got the power of seeking this round that could have improved their chances of taking out such an important ability straight off the bat. This is far from certain of course but I think the possibility is worth considering. Having the seeker be on the spiked team could be a huge advantage for them. Partly because of the benefits it would grant them in choosing who to kill, but more importantly that would mean that their wouldn't be a villager seeker trying to seek them out!

Edit: Gravy having posted just before I did.

@Gravy, that does make sense but you could still have at least put forward some thoughts as to who it might be, I mean, no vote is set in stone yet or anything. Sorry but I'm still considering you as being, just barely, the most suspicious.

Seekers are a villager only role. While it could be the Mistborn, that would require that this not only be his time as a Seeker, but that the first person he Seeked happened to be the Tineye, which is less likely than them just randomly killing him. Besides, if you're going to pick a role to kill, Tineye really isn't that high priority, compared to a Seeker or Coinshot. So it is just a coincidence.

Pretty sure he's talking to me. And I completely disagree. We're not even 12 hours into a 48 hour day. There's still plenty of votes waiting to be cast, and plenty of opportunity to change who we're voting on. If I'd cast that vote 30 minutes before the end of the day, then yeah. That would be very suspicious. But we've got 38 (?) hours left.

Also, I didn't add up the way the votes were going before voting. I'm voting on who's most suspicious to me at this point in time. That's between grayv and Mat. Mat's only posted once (that I've seen), and his semi-suspicious behavior isn't quite enough for me to cast a vote for him. However, the game revolves around killing people, and if you cast a vote not to kill someone, it's probably because you have another method of killing those you want to kill. Typically. I could be wrong about that, and end up eating my words the next time grayv posts. I'm open to changing my vote. But as it stands now, I'm saying grayv.

Yeah, I was talking to you. And while you do have a point on the timeframe, it is still hypocritical to accuse Grayv as the Spiked when by doing nothing, he's doing a lot less to hinder voting than you are. yes, there is a decent chance that someone will break the tie as I did, but that is still acting on the assumption that someone will. You're forcing someone else to undo what you set up, while Grayv casting no vote isn't really doing anything to hinder our voting at all.

Besides, that wasn't the only reason I voted for Mat. I was already a little suspicious of him anyway, so it made sense for me to vote for him even if my wild conjecture turned out to be unfounded. I suspected Aether more than him, but I doubt I can convince anybody of it since it is entirely based on a hunch, so I voted for the one that already had a lot of votes anyway and so broke the tie.

Edited by PorridgeBrick

Seekers are a villager only role. While it could be the Mistborn, that would require that this not only be his time as a Seeker, but that the first person he Seeked happened to be the Tineye, which is less likely than them just randomly killing him. Besides, if you're going to pick a role to kill, Tineye really isn't that high priority, compared to a Seeker or Coinshot. So it is just a coincidence.

Oh, right, oops. Forgot about the village only part . Silly of me. I do however maintain that the loss of the tineye is serious, depriving us of pm's is a pretty big hit.

[This isn't really important BUT, having the mistborn as described would still increase their chances of killing the tineye straight off. Sure it would be a very small chance that he would happen to be a seeker then happen to seek the tineye, but that small chance would add on to the chance of them just randomly selecting the tineye for death making it slightly more probable. A technicality really but still true ;) However yeah, not substantial enough odds for it to be more than a coincidence.]

Okay guys, I'm still catching up (you guys take to killing each other so well! :P ), but I want to add something that I didn't think of before, because the other forum I play on only allows mods or above to modify posts. 

Please do not edit your posts to change the overall direction of your post. I noticed this with Mailliw's vote post and I almost missed it when doing a vote count! I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it got me thinking about how bad that could get in a game about deceit and bluffing! In that case, it falls under the idea of fairplay rules. It's not fair to change the intent of your posts to those that didn't see the first message.

Plus, as I mentioned, it's going to make getting an accurate vote count difficult. Thanks!

Edit: In the interest of keeping double posting and the like to a minimum, you can edit your post to include any additional information you want to share, but you can't delete any of the original message (aside from fixing grammatical or spelling errors), as I have done here. 

Edited by Metacognition

As of now the votes are as follows:

For Porridge: Kurkistan (1)

For Grayv: Quiver, Bartbug, Littlewilson, Edgedancer, Lord Claincy Ffnord (5)

For Beetle: Dyring (1)

For Mat: Mailliw73, PorridgeBrick, GammaFiend (3)

For Quinn: jasonpenguin (1)

Not casting: Grayv (1)

Total: 11 votes cast, 4 uncast

Uncast votes: Aether, Grayv, Loganmathewjohnson, darnam

Edited by Mailliw73

After comming back and rereading erverything I realized that there really isn´t anything against Mat, hell the vot was more for rp reasons anyway, which I supposse is not the best way to readon here, but I don´t want a deadlock either so I guess I´m gonna go with Grayv for the moment being.

On them hitting the Tineye: They most likely just killed the first villager in line, as in the fist one to post "I´m in", and he just happend to be the Tineye. But yeah not having pms is very crippling.

I'm going to lock in my vote for Grayv for now in case I am not on later. He still seems the most suspicious to me thus far.

@bartbug, I can't be bothered converting timezones, but at the time of your post there was roughly 16 hours remaining.

Edit: (Only adding not changing anything.) It would be just under 15 now actually.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

The day is over 48 hours from when I posted the last write up. Considering how little has been going on since yesterday's flurry of activity, I'm debating if 48 hours is too long. You guys tell me, is 24 hours long enough for you guys to decide or do you like having this extra time? 

Either way, this turn will continue as planned, but for the future turns, is two days too much?

Edited by Metacognition

I think 24 hours might not be long enough. At least not on the weekdays. For me, work takes a big chunk of my day, and I can't get on while I'm at work. Between that, the commute, and sleep, I've only got a few extra hours....However, if everyone else can do 24, I'll just make a point to check on my phone on the commute. I don't really like using my data like that, but I can, no problem.

I agree that 24 hours might not be long enough, yet at this rate, 48 seems like too long, especially considering that this game will at least take a over a week, and that's with the Spiked being the ones down each consecutive time. I think a part of the problem is the timezones. Maybe 36 could (conceivably) work? Like, it could start at 8 in the morning, Gamemaster Time, and then end at 8 at night the next day.