Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

Edgar gladly refused the offer to a drink, he had an aversion against alcohol since he once burned himself in his forgery fire while drunk. Still a game may be the right think to keep everyone together, so he also joins Clancy and Gambles.

"Honestly, Clancy right now I only care about keeping us all alive. The other village is rather secondary for me at the moment. Other beads of wisdom on the other hand are more than welcome."

Dr. Digits
It had been a long day for Twoon Ethree, lots of injuries today and getting intoxicated with alcohol looked better than his wife. And what about Koloss marching on his town. He had more than enough reasons to get drunk. Rumors about sabotage weren't helping at all...

Properly inebriated, Beetle creeps upstairs, towards the rooms and their beds. Yes, technically, the innkeeper didn't know, but Beetle knew he wouldn't care. The inn hadn't seen another visitor in six months, let alone the six that it could accommodate. Relaxing, he stretches himself and begins to doze off. In all of the excitement of that night, the innkeeper would never think to check if he was stowing away again.

Day 1 (The day millions of Companions cried out in pain)

Aether’s announcement sent ripples through the town, like an allomantic pulse. It seemed to draw people to the inn so they could share their tales of woe and a pint or two… or 20. As all of them recounted their tales, it became obvious; there were enemies amongst them. Many tried to drown their fears in drink, while Clancy tried to rally them into overcoming these saboteurs. One lonely voice amongst the masses asked if they were really willing to possibly sacrifice innocents to achieve their goals. Either way, the town started to prepare themselves, starting with Edgar locking up their remaining stores of weapons.

As the night wore on, they all realized that there wasn't much more they could accomplish this night except drive themselves mad with speculation. One by one, they disappeared into the mists, heading home to sleep off their drunken haze. Unfortunately, one of them wouldn't make it….

While most people found the mists discomforting due to its ability to conceal anything further than 10ft away, Dr. Digits didn't have that problem. Being a Tineye had its advantages, but even being a Tineye wasn't making any easier to walk home drunk. His wife would probably have a few choice words for him, but he found it difficult to care. Koloss on their way, saboteurs in their midst; he doubted anything she said could make things much worse. As he stumbled into a pile of crates, he noticed two people standing in the middle of the road. Or was there one? He shook his head, trying to clear his double vision. Why would someone be standing in the middle of the street, in the middle of the mists, in the middle of the night, in the middle of this catastrophe?

Digits chuckled to himself. “Maybe they’re a middle child too.”

He was so focused on the figure ahead that he almost missed hearing the footsteps behind him until it was too late. He spun, his vision wavering as his drunken mind tried to catch up. He flared tin to help clear his head, but that just amplified the sudden pain in his side as the dagger slid home. A hand clamped around his mouth, stifling his scream. “We’re very sorry about this, Doctor, but we can’t have you healing the wounded. Ruin doesn't approve of that.”

And with that, his assailants disappeared into the mists, leaving him to bleed out. He could already feel the effects of blood loss. His weakened limbs wouldn't support him anymore. Sliding to the ground, he shook his head in confusion. “But, but I’m the Doctor,” he whispered to himself as the world went black around him. It wouldn't be until morning and the mists reluctantly gave way to the sun before his body was found.

Dyring awoke to find a message scrawled onto the top of one of his tables. “There’s always another secret.” Dyring had no idea what it meant, but he didn't get time to contemplate it, as a scream sounded from outside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Digits, the Tineye is dead! That means that no more PMs can be sent! Day 1 starts now and will be over in 48 hours of this post. Any votes made after that time will not be counted! Remember,it takes at least two votes for someone to be killed and if there’s a tie, no one will be killed. If you don’t want to kill anyone, you can always vote for a no kill. Good luck!

Special note: Rioters and Soothers might want to double check the roles, as there have been some changes to the Smoker role.

Edited by Metacognition

Darnam the mortician

"Wow, that is one messy corpse. This man wasn't just killed, he was mutilated. Can barely tell it was him. Still, the widow was able to identify his face, once I found all the parts of it. And nailed them back onto the skull. From the looks of this body, I sure am glad I just bury people and our world doesn't have any branch of science that would enable me to learn anything about the killer from the body. NEXT!"

EDIT: Could the narrator perhaps edit the original post with a comprehensive list of who exactly is in the village? I am having the devil's own time keeping track. And perhaps a summary of who is currently dead, and what we know about them?

Edited by Darnam

Edgar slept horrible as his worries eat at him. In the morning his bad feeling found its justification. The Doctor had died.

He didn´t knew what to do, the village, that for all his live had been his home and the closest thing to a family he had, was in grave danger and the chances where high that the killer is one of their own. But I´m still alive, so I can only hope that most of us are still sane.

Walking through the cold air, the last rest of the mist still lingering in the air, the smith headed to Digits widow to see if he coud help her in any way. I only hope there won´t be any more grief.

Damm they killed the Tineye. R.I.P. Dr. Digits why had your number to be higher than 13.

Could the narrator perhaps edit the original post with a comprehensive list of who exactly is in the village? I am having the devil's own time keeping track. And perhaps a summary of who is currently dead, and what we know about them?

Ask and you shall receive. I've put a list of everyone who is playing in the Night 1 post. 

I plan on using the OP to link to the next game. Rather than clutter up this section of the forum with multiple games, once this one ends, I'll link to the page where the new game starts, so the list of players for this game is in the Night 1 post on the first page. 

You guys might want to start figuring out who to kill and start voting. You've got 48 hours, but I doubt anyone is going to just roll over and let everyone vote them to death! 

The bricklayer, hard at work on top of the wall, was unfazed by the news. After all, what had they expected? They find out there's a traitor in their midst working to kill them all, and what do they do? The whole sodding lot of them get so sodding drunk that a babe could have murdered them. The idiocy of it all was incredible. The only surprise here was that they all hadn't been killed that night.

Still, this event didn't bode well for him. He knew he could assuredly defend himself against any traitors in the night, but the town itself was a different thing entirely. These barbarians would want blood, and lots of it, a scapegoat to convince themselves they were safe. And who would make a better scapegoat than the foreigner no one liked? Sure, they needed him for the walls, but no reason would ever get through their fear-crazed minds now. He had his work cut out for him if he wanted to get out of here alive.

Edit: I suppose I should start the discussion on voting. For the sake of saving time, let's do the voting discussion separately from the narrative.

I myself am really unsure on who might be spiked, since there's way too many to keep track of. My only guess is maybe Aether or Edgedancer? It's only a hunch though, so don't take it as a vote yet. Does anyone else have any input?

Edited by PorridgeBrick

Maill awoke to the screams and cries of the other villagers. He hadn't left the bar until dawn was almost peeking over the horizon. From his massive headache, he realized he had drunk way too much of that brandy. He stumbled out of his house to find people crying over the Doctor's dead body. Not the Doctor! Maill thought. He had always liked that guy.

Edit: I suppose I should start the discussion on voting. For the sake of saving time, let's do the voting discussion separately from the narrative.

I myself am really unsure on who might be spiked, since there's way too many to keep track of. My only guess is maybe Aether or Edgedancer? It's only a hunch though, so don't take it as a vote yet. Does anyone else have any input?

Yeah, it's about time we started talking murder rather than establishing characters. The characters are more meant to be a bit of fun fluff rather than our main focus (hence why I write all of this in regular color--actually, maybe in character but game-irrelevant text should be purple?)

To start off the paranoia-fest: That Porridge guy is a bit suspicious: I vote we kill 'im!

Gambles was still a little drunk from last night, and the screams starting first thing in the morning did not help his pounding head. So it's already begun.

He had a few hunches from last night as to who may be responsible, people really liked to talk when the dice were rolling and the drink was flowing.
Although he had heard a few too many nasty rumors last night.

I don't trust that Mat fellow, he was a little bit too suspicious. Just sitting there flourishing, drawing attention to himself and fear-mongering.
Wanderers are never to be trusted.

So that is a vote for Mat the Wanderer from me. I don't really suspect him more than anyone else, but who would it be besides the sneaky wanderer? XD

There's no need to separate the voting and character stuff. Both are in game related, so there's no need to differentiate them. 

To quote myself:

That said, players are more than free to argue out of character and use their knowledge of the basic game mechanics to identify suspects, detect lies and get others to vote to kill someone. Those types of arguments are game related and thus don't have to be in blue. 

Well great lets start the murder then, sadly as Kurki is right our roleplay is a distraction to the main game if anything, given we can´t gather clues. Lets see we have no actuall clues but I´m gonna go with...... no one at this point honestly.

Edgar did his best to comfort Mrs. Digit but he was always rather bad at matters like this. When he left her he went find the others and try to find out if they noticed something.

Edited by Edgedancer

Well, let's see if we can at least start to figure out who's who. These are the currently unfilled roles.

Thug

Seeker

Smoker

Rioter

Soother

Coinshot

Lurcher

Mistborn

Spiked

Now, we know there is at least one of all of these. Spiked there's probably three or four just for the sake of game pacing. Mistborn is obviously just one. The rest are most likely one, but there might be a duplicate here and there.

There's no need to separate the voting and character stuff. Both are in game related, so there's no need to differentiate them. 

To quote myself:

Sorry if I overstepped: this is my first time doing a forum-based run of this game. I was just a bit concerned that pure character-building might muddy the water: character's reactions to the doctor's death, for instance, are nearly completely disjoint from our own. There's no need to go overboard and demand new text-colorations, though, I suppose. ;)

Edited by Kurkistan

Maill was the first one to run into Edgar. "The wanderer? Yes, I supposse that whatever reason someone might have to want us dead it woud be most likely to be someone that dosen´t have a connection to us. We shoud keep an eye on Mat." How coud I forget this? Of course why woud one of our own  want to kill us.

About the roles: Sadly we won´t be able to deduce anything until they take action. The potentiall Seeker is keeping quiet so he either fears being killed our hit a smoker and is still in the dark. For the rest we won´t be able to figure anything out until the voting. Any additional observations?

Edited by Edgedancer

Hm. I suppose it depends on if Meta decides to incorporate how we play the characters into the narrative. Of course, since we only have one example to go on, I doubt if we can tell, unless we get a WoM. I'm still considering who to vote for at this point.

"What did I say? Didn't I say this would happen?"

Quinn stood in the town square. The bell he should have been ringing lay at his feet- but everyone knew what had happened already. The town herald was just taking the chance to crow.

"You know what has to happen don't you," he added to anyone who might have been listening. "Whoever did this has to be strung from the roof as a warning to his friends. Are we just going to take this lying down?"

An in-narrative excuse for how the votes kill. I think I just called for mob rule.

The problem with the role questioning, at this point, is that we have no proof at this point to contradict them and no one is gonna man up to being spiked. Especially the "safe" roles Coinshot, Lurcher and Seeker woud be rather stupid to reveal themself outside a pm because then they are on the hit-list.

Porridge, as the town called him, headed back to his room at Dyring's inn, taking a much needed lunch break. As he did so, however, he overheard the conversation between Maill and Edgar, as well as Quinn's dark proclamation. His blood felt cold in his veins, cold with foreboding. It was one thing to suspect this would happen, another to hear it aloud. Sure enough, it was the outsiders, the different ones, that would go first. Mat might be an arrogant bastard, but he didn't deserve what they were planning. It was a bit of a relief to know he wasn't suspected, or at least not yet, but that couldn't last. Time to start planning his escape. He knew he couldn't just walk out. That would be the most sure-fire way of all to get himself killed, with the sentiment in town as it was. And he couldn't just get them all drunk, either: fools they may be, but not enough to make the same mistake twice. No, he'd have to go at night, when all were asleep.

When the murderers would be out, knives ready.

I think I just won't vote for anyone, as I don't have any ideas really.

Edited by PorridgeBrick