Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

I think I got played the most hardcore here.

Beetle straight up played me like a fiddle.

Um. No. I'm feeling pretty jerked around. Especially after reading their whole little communication. I was an idiot. Granted, it was simply because I trusted Beetle who was clearly not to be trusted, but still. Other than that one little gaffe (okay, it was a big one, I'll admit that), my reasoning for everything else was pretty sound.

Also, I want to say that I did start suspecting Beetle towards the end. I just wanted one more night to confirm it.

I think it's hilarious how Wilson helped you so much. (no offense, Wilson)

Oh, none taken. Also, sorry for voting for you. I knew that was a terrible move. Really shouldn't have done it.

In other comments, I share Quiver's sentiment about being skeptical of certain Spiked from here on out. While he's mistrustful of Aether, I'm pretty sure I will never trust another comment bartbug makes. Ever again.

And I'm in for another round (even if certain members might prefer I stayed out of it considering how detrimental I was to my side). I may have been an idiot this time around, but it was also my first forum-based game. Can't get better without practice.

Wilson! I thought that we were friends... look, the koloss killed me too. :D

What's going to be really funny are the next few games, where known killers like Aether and I will be almost certainly forced into mundane roles like "coinshot" or "villager", and how absolutely no one will trust us. And then we lose, because no one trusts us. And then, the balance will be good for ever.

Moral of the story is, in mafia (or Mistborn Elimination) the funnest game is always the second. All these biases without anything to average them out. If Meta is GM, he'll probably make me the legit Seeker.

I may not be in for the next round. I'm happy to let anyone else play for me, but if you need me, or if I'm not taking anyone's spot, PM me. I will almost certainly be taking a much more backseat position. Think Mat or Porridge.

Edited by bartbug

Um. No. I'm feeling pretty jerked around. Especially after reading their whole little communication. I was an idiot. Granted, it was simply because I trusted Beetle who was clearly not to be trusted, but still. Other than that one little gaffe (okay, it was a big one, I'll admit that), my reasoning for everything else was pretty sound.

Also, I want to say that I did start suspecting Beetle towards the end. I just wanted one more night to confirm it.

Oh, none taken. Also, sorry for voting for you. I knew that was a terrible move. Really shouldn't have done it.

In other comments, I share Quiver's sentiment about being skeptical of certain Spiked from here on out. While he's mistrustful of Aether, I'm pretty sure I will never trust another comment bartbug makes. Ever again.

And I'm in for another round (even if certain members might prefer I stayed out of it considering how detrimental I was to my side). I may have been an idiot this time around, but it was also my first forum-based game. Can't get better without practice.

For what its worth, your reasoning and logic was some of the best in the game, the only problem was trusting Beetle :)

And hey, don't feel too bad:  I spend the majority of any game where I am a villager successfully convincing people to lynch villager after villager. (I spend the rest of the game dead after they finally lynch me.)

Edit: @Meta, I am in for the next one.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

My absolutely favorite part of the game was (For those of you who read the Spiked doc, you know this) looking and seeing that this game had sent my member rep all the way to Mistborn. I found it slightly ironic, and loved every minute! :)

I agree, Kandra would be fun too, but kandra can't be allomancers. :P

So I have browsed stuff on 17th Shard from time to time, read a lot of the coppermind wiki, and even dug out little tidbit from Brandon here or there that has made it onto the site (to the best of my knowledge, I was the first one to ask Brandon if Hoid has any Breaths- which he does). But I have never actually created an account or posted anything directly onto the site.

Until now.

Count me in for round 2! I love me a good old game of Werewolves Mistborn Elimination.  :D

I'll be Hew Nabs, the town furniture maker. He specializes in carving elegant details into his work and selling it to those of the noble class who appreciate his craftsmanship.

Edit: and though I just skimmed through it, I loved the first game. Congrats to the Spiked victors and my condolences to the deceived and slain villagers!

I do have to say though, if you had a Kandra power, it would have to be some sort of thing where it could take over the corpse of someone recently killed (ie: that same night) and then write posts as if they were that person. It would be tricky to do- perhaps through PMs that the deceased player posts on behalf of the Kandra? I dunno, probably wouldn't work.

Edited by Herowannabe

Let's not turn this all into a fight. 

If the game isn't for you, that's fine, Darnam. It's not for everyone and that's okay. I'm sorry you didn't have fun, but most people did. If it upsets you so much, I suggest not reading it anymore. Please stop trying to take the fun out of it for others. 

I don't believe Bartbug wasn't trying to antagonize, he was jesting with everyone who played. I don't get a tone of "I'm better than the rest of you! You're all morons!" from Bartbug's post. If he had done that, then yes, it wouldn't be very cool. But you did do that, Darnam. You called everyone idiots and morons twice now, which as I said is not cool.

I'm not going to downvote you for it, but please just leave it be. No one is forcing you to continue to read this thread and again, I'm sorry you didn't have fun. 

This game itself, when properly run, is a very fun game. I just didn't enjoy it with this group.

You have twice now allowed others to spit vitriol at me, to call me a dominating dictator, to brag about how they fooled me, to lie about me and disparage me. And twice, when I've tried to stand up for myself, you've decided to tell me what I am and am not allowed to be offended by, and to publicly chastise me in front of the entire thread.

Thankfully, you don't actually have the authority that you claim, and aren't allowed to tell me what I can and cannot read, nor are you allowed to apply your double-standard that people are allowed to say whatever they want to disparage me, however rudely they wish, but I'm never allowed to stand up for myself.

I was right from the start. My logic was sound. Have any of the people who, in the game, complained because I was trying to convince people to vote a certain way, have any of them come up to apologize? Has anyone acknowledged that if more people used their brains instead of their "gut", the villagers would have won easily? Nope. Everyone just patting each other on the back, telling themselves, "yeah, well he's still mean, so it doesn't matter, even though he was correct, we're still right because that's how we feel, and our opinions are better than facts."

Sorry, Meta. If you don't like what I have to say, then feel free to take your own suggestion, and leave the thread.

And now that I'm almost done reading Mistborn Heaven, I have one comment to make to Kurk: You totally should've pulled us (The Grand Coalition) all aside. If anything would've convinced me to rethink my thoughts about Beetle, it would've been that. We might've actually stood a chance at winning then. But alas....

And Honorary Spiked? You're right. I probably would've enjoyed that title. Too bad I'm pretty sure they relinquished that title from me the second I called out Mat. From what I gathered in their doc, they weren't happy that I actually stopped helping them....

Darnam: I'm sorry. You weren't controlling their vote. They were letting it happen (Quite happily, in fact). I get that now. I got that a couple days ago, at about the same time I realized they both were Spiked. Not that it matters. We still lost.

@Darnam, I was not trying to antagonize. If anyone here watches the show Psych, I'm quoting that.

I'm sorry if I came across that way. It was a game well played.

Thank you. I didn't get the reference, and I did not at all appreciate being told to "suck it." Hopefully you'll be more aware in the future of how your words can be taken; not everyone understands all the cultural references that you do. Considering how stalwartly I stood against so many people telling me, erroneously, that I was wrong to be adamant about your nature, I was rather offended at your casual claim that you "fooled everyone." I appreciate your apology.

@Herowannabe I was actually thinking about how you would play as a Kandra. In what I came up with, the kandra (maybe some of the evil ones hinted at the beginning of SoS and the end of AoL) would take the place of the Spiked. The players would be part of the Elendel council, with the kandra having taken the place of already dead council members. Instead of Misting abilities for the kandra, they would have Blessings. For instance, the Blessing of strength that TenSoon had would let your vote be worth 1.1, basically a tiebreaker. The Blessing of presence would let just your vote be unchanged. And of course, Kandra would be immune to Seeking; i.e., coming up as a regular villager. And then there would be a few people in league with the Kandra, with some Ferring or Allomantic abilities. There's my two cents.

@Darnam.

Yeah, I realize now that not everyone is as Psych crazy as my friends and I.

But everyone should be  ;) .

Wilson, I would actually really like it if you joined again. You had great logic, it was just trusting Beetle that ruined it. It's okay that you voted for me, I was kinda suspicious. I never really trusted Beetle, I just trusted you and decided to throw my lot in with someone. As son as Beetle broke the code and cleared Clancy, my suspicion of him shot up to 90% but I decided to make a case for Mat because I thought I could get more people to join me.

And now that I'm almost done reading Mistborn Heaven, I have one comment to make to Kurk: You totally should've pulled us (The Grand Coalition) all aside. If anything would've convinced me to rethink my thoughts about Beetle, it would've been that. We might've actually stood a chance at winning then. But alas....

Darnam: I'm sorry. You weren't controlling their vote. They were letting it happen (Quite happily, in fact). I get that now. I got that a couple days ago, at about the same time I realized they both were Spiked. Not that it matters. We still lost.

I know, right? If only there had been someone telling you from the start that Beetle was probably Spiked, someone you could have listened to instead of hurling insults at. Apparently it simply was not meant to be. Alas...

Thank you. It's very big of you to give me this left-handed compliment instead of the apology I am due. The time you should have "gotten it" was at the time, when anyone with a basic comprehension of the English language or grasp of common sense could have deduced, without me having to tell them twice, that the three of us had all come to an agreement to work together for everyone's mutual benefit. But don't worry. You seem smart. I'm sure you'll get there someday.

This topic is locked, and will remain locked until I have the patience to deal with all of you. If another game (or thread about this) goes up in the meantime, it will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 2 weeks later...