Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

Hey guys! I kind of wanted to be the one to proclaim that I'd fooled you all, but Meta did as good as I could've.

In the words of the famous Shawn Spencer, suck it (singing style)!

You have no idea how bad I want to downvote you for that....

lol

But I shall upvote you instead for a game well played.

Mwahaha!! I got to haunt someone. That's what happens when you fall to mob mentality instead of looking at things calmly. Vote only when you have information gained by watching people's actions.

Also, I too would like to play again. I need to figure out my RP. I really think people should stick to their RP, including when voting (or not voting).

Edited by Grayv

Hey guys! I kind of wanted to be the one to proclaim that I'd fooled you all, but Meta did as good as I could've.

In the words of the famous Shawn Spencer, suck it (singing style)!

All? Really? You fooled a bunch of morons. Get over yourself.

Darnam, while I somewhat sympathize with the view that occasionally, some people would have needed to think more carefully, (and I was on your side in that particular debate), sometimes it is better to stay silent. Really, I suggest doing so in this matter. You dont come out sounding well in this.

The ones having been fooled is quite aware of it by now. Those who werent fooled were, for the most part, killed;). Its hard to turn of your personal feelings and look purely at arguments and peoples positions. It takes practice. Its just a game. Give them a few of them, and their less likely to be fooled;).

Game wouldent be any fun if noone was ever tricked.

Edited by dyring

Why is Bartbug being upvoted for antagonizing Darnam and then Darnam being downvoted for expressing his discontent?  

Oh, right.  Because most people in this forum hand out upvotes and downvotes based solely on their feelings.  If you can't objectively identify a post as being either quality or garbage, then maybe you shouldn't have access to the voting function.

@Darnam.  I sympathize with the frustration you're probably feeling by being taunted by fools while the forums cheer them on and downvote your replies to their jeering.

(Aaaaand, this post will likely be downvoted because I'm calling people out on their crem dung.)

Let's not turn this all into a fight. 

If the game isn't for you, that's fine, Darnam. It's not for everyone and that's okay. I'm sorry you didn't have fun, but most people did. If it upsets you so much, I suggest not reading it anymore. Please stop trying to take the fun out of it for others. 

I don't believe Bartbug wasn't trying to antagonize, he was jesting with everyone who played. I don't get a tone of "I'm better than the rest of you! You're all morons!" from Bartbug's post. If he had done that, then yes, it wouldn't be very cool. But you did do that, Darnam. You called everyone idiots and morons twice now, which as I said is not cool.

I'm not going to downvote you for it, but please just leave it be. No one is forcing you to continue to read this thread and again, I'm sorry you didn't have fun. 

Well, that was grim.

Sorry for my role in our downfall villagers. I can't help thinking that Meta trolled us slightly by giving one of the most useful roles to one of the most incompetent of players. I probably have Lurched myself so often, but I suppose that's how the game is played.

Particular kudos to Aether. I didn't participate in the Heaven debates for reasons, but up until Kurk coinshot you, I didn't suspect you. Needless to say, I shall be somewhat sceptical over everything you say from now on.

(Everything.)

It was a fun game Meta, and I really enjoyed your write ups, but I think I'll skip the next game or two until I get a better feel of how it (and everyone involved in it) plays it. Thanks for the experience guys.

Thanks so much, Meta! I definitely volunteer for the next game. :) Can I just say, I WAS RIGHT! My first guess was Mat and if we had killed him, we would've taken out the Spiked Mistborn the first day! But there were advantages, like him drawing tin so allowing us to communicate. This last day,I was pretty confident that Beetle,Clancy, and Mat were Spiked. I just regret I didn't live long enough to act on that.

Yeah, sorry you didn't have that good of a time, Darnam. :P I can DEFINITELY see where your stance comes from, but let me say this to everyone: There's no need to belittle or be harsh towards anyone. 

I for one, DID have a great time playing this game, and would LOVE to be included in future games.

Guys, being a Spiked Mistborn was a lot harder than I would have thought. I couldn't be too flamboyant, lest I be killed, like some of the more vocal players. (I learned this early on when suspicion came on me for RP reasons)

Shout out to Aether for being my favorite of my fellow Spiked. (Sorry Beetle and Clancy, but Aether's lists were a pure delight!!) :D

Anyway, just cuz I'm curious, when will the next game be starting?

And did anyone actually suspect me of being mistborn? I know there were people who thought I was Spiked... (Shoutout to Maill! I hope your previous post wasn't just Hindsight Bias)

Lastly, Darnam, please refrain from calling the people we fooled 'Morons'. We got lucky killing Digits the first day, which made it significantly harder for them. I do acknowledge your concerns though, as things got pretty heated later on. Thanks for giving this game a try though! :)

EDIT: This was my first forum based game... Best. Win. Ever. :)

Edited by loganmathewjohnson

Mat:

I didnt much know wich spiked might be what, I knew one of you were mistborn, and I was almost sure you were spiked, but thats about it. I was focusing on Beetle both cause i knew he was spiked while I just thought you were, but also cause I noticed some ppl believed him, and I wanted him removed. sadly, it kinda backfired on me ;)

actually, I knew after a while that mistborn was spiked, I didnt think you had a smoker aswell;) suprised me.

And for awhile (before rules where rementioned) I thought coinshot was spiked after he had tried to kill both our lurcher and me ;)

Edited by dyring

Just had a great, if maybe OP, idea for another role

Kandra: Each night, he/she can choose to use the corpse of one of the dead. For the next day and night, the Kandra can perform any action that his body's owner could have performed. When seeked, they will register as if they belonged to the role the corpse had. However, if they have already used a corpse once, they can never use it again.

Mat: I didn't suspect that you were the Mistborn, I didn't really care which role you were, I was just pretty confident you were spiked.

The Spiked conversation doc is hilarious! I didn't read it all until I got to the third night, but I love the thought that went into the message and I think it's hilarious how Wilson helped you so much. (no offense, Wilson) I also love how much I'm mentioned in there I didn't think I was all that memorable. Especially with everyone, Spiked and Wilson, though I was a Lurcher or Thug. I wish I had been though.

@Darnam, I was not trying to antagonize. If anyone here watches the show Psych, I'm quoting that. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C13KWHYcW2c

I'm sorry if I came across that way. It was a game well played.

EDIT: You only need to watch the loop once. There's nothing special at the end. Also, I would love to be a GM.

Edited by bartbug

Reading through this thread was awesome. :) I'm not overly familiar with forum-based games but this is a really cool concept and I was bummed that I missed being able to sign up.  I'd definitely be up for giving the next game a go though. 

Thankyou for playing everyone, and thankyou to Meta for running it!

I know I had a blast.

A couple of thoughts/comments:
-Things did get overheated and vitriolic at one point as we all know. In future it should be our responsibility as a group to try to notice if anything like that is building and nip it in the bud.

-It took us a while to get any balance for the rp portions. We used it too much at the beginning and it was interfering with the game at tad too much. By the end we had a better balance though I thought we could have done a little more of it. 1-2 in character posts per person per day on average seems to be roughly the sweet spot.

@Kurk, Your code was a good idea. Unfortunate for you that you were really just giving a spiked a method to lie to you in a code that the other spiked would understand :P

One question for the one thing I don't know. That night you attacked someone who was defended by Quinn, was that actually Quinn or someone he was defending?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw in the master doc.

I would like to note that while Wilson was completely wrong about who was spiked until near the end when she suspected Aether/mat/me she did do a very good job at arguing her point. Persuasion and manipulation are at the very core of this game. If she hadn't kept coming down on our side we would have killed her off long ago for being too dangerous ;)

@Serendipity, meta mentioned in the spiked doc somewhere that he had thoughts on other settings, some of which sounded very cool.

Also, Kudos to the villagers in general given that you successfully targeted spiked on both of the first two days. A pity that you let us convince you otherwise :) I honestly never expected the fake seeker plan to last more than 1 day.

@Meta, What?! Ruin betrayed us! And here I thought we could trust him :P I totally never saw that coming.

Finally. Put me on the list of GM's please :)

(Now to have a read of the dead doc :) )

Good game all, looking forward to the next one!

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

@Kurk, Your code was a good idea. Unfortunate for you that you were really just giving a spiked a method to lie to you in a code that the other spiked would understand :P

One question for the one thing I don't know. That night you attacked someone who was defended by Quinn, was that actually Quinn or someone he was defending?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw in the master doc.

Yeah, I attacked Quinn, that suspicious character. :P It resulted in my getting in touch with him over PM later, which would have been more advantageous if my suggested course of action to him hadn't directly resulted in his death.

Yeah, I attacked Quinn, that suspicious character. :P It resulted in my getting in touch with him over PM later, which would have been more advantageous if my suggested course of action to him hadn't directly resulted in his death.

Ah yeah. I'm curious. Did you suspect me much at any particular point?

I was playing very different to how I normally do. In person I am generally leading the charge (spiked or otherwise). This time I took a much more background plotting/manipulation role.

Edit: Just to explain why we didn't come forward as the spiked on the last day. We knew we could deadlock it no worries if there were no remaining allomancers amongst the surviving villagers. We strongly suspected this to be the case but we weren't absolutely certain and so chose the safe option of manipulating everyone into killing another villager :)

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord