Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

Well I guess that's that.

Final (?) List: (Take that, Aether! Your title is mine!!! :P)

• Beetle - (2) DyringGamblesAether
  • Dyring - (7) WilsonPorridgeBeetleKukriClancyMaillGambles
  • Kukri - (0) Maill
  • Aehter - (0) Gambles
  • Currently not voting - (2) , Darnam, Mat

Note: Aether failed to note Mat in his latest list.

Well I guess that's that.

Final (?) List: (Take that, Aether! Your title is mine!!! :P)

• Beetle - (2) DyringGamblesAether
  • Dyring - (7) WilsonPorridgeBeetleKukriClancyMaillGambles
  • Kukri - (0) Maill
  • Aehter - (0) Gambles

Note: Aether failed to note Mat in his latest list.

NO! How could you steal Aether's title?!

...Anyway, so what are you thinking that Aether forgetting to put Mat on the list implies? The way you said it seems to say that you have an idea?

"Fools, fools all, continue to murder innocents. You keep not listening to me, and the spiked wins. But to die now, or to die when the spiked open the gates to the city for the koloss, what does it matter?"

Beetle, Wilson, and porridge or possibly Aether who sem more and more fishy again, after I almost trusted him for awhile. Those are your main suspects. Go through with this and I will haunt you all."

Edited by dyring

Wait, I'm suspected because of my lists? Um, ok?

Well, since Darnam still hasn't showed up, I'm hereby declaring our agreement for null and void, and retract my vote from Beetle and give it to Dyring, since he's the one everyone is currently voting for. Note that I am not entirely convinced Dyring is spiked, but mostly because of his exaggerated irrationality. I do not believe a Spiked villager would be quite as openly illogical. But I'm voting with the majority out of solidarity and to avoid any Soothing or Rioting to change it.

And yes, Kukri, I forgot Mat. Nothing special about it, I just miscounted. And in my defence, you forgot to count Beetle's vote! So in the spirit of defending my title, here's an updated (and complete) list:

• Beetle - (0) Dyring, Gambles, Aether,
  • Dyring - (8) Wilson, Porridge, Beetle, Kukri, Clancy, Maill, Gambles, Aether,
  • Kukri - (0) Maill
  • Aether - (1) Gambles, Dyring,

EDIT: Updated as per Dyring's change of vote.

Edited by Aether

Dyring votes for Aether. 

It IS interesting how Aether do manages to always say he does not suspect the one he votes for, isnt it?

If beetle for some reason is so well liked, I´d join a mass vote for Aether if thats possible.

Tbh, since there is 0% chance of getting beetle now, and I´m not sure if I´m able to be online later, I´ll switch to Aether now, just incase there is agreement on that(thou I doubt enough would switch)

Edited by dyring

I do not think my voting habits is what should arouse suspicion, if anything. I've been more content strategizing a discussing with others than launching mob lynchings of the one or the other. The first day I came too late in to do much more than vote with the majority. Today, I've been assuming my agreement with Darnam still held ground, and now that I know it does not, I'm just lining up with and supporting the majority. The most direct influence I've had on the vote was yesterday, though I can hardly see how you can blame me for finding it suspicious that we would have two Seekers. Given the information we had then, Beetle seemed more trustworthy, and Edgar the more suspicious one.

I get that you do not want to die, but I am not the one who has lined up the majority against you.

EDIT: Latest tally updated.

Edited by Aether

"Thats the point I dont get, and why I´m suspicious of several individuals. I really cannot understand how Beetle could be seen as more trustworthy then Edgar.

Edgar came forward without any real pressure. He didnt need to. That spoke in his favour.

Beetle coming forward afterwards , once he started racking up votes (yes, only 3, but once the bandwagon get rolling....)

It was exaktely what the spiked would do, to get rid of a seeker easily. Take a spiked already in danger so as to not throw suspicion on a new one, have him claim to be a seeker to making it a 50/50 run on who to vote on(I simply refuse to believe that there were two village seekers), and either take a chance, or have some other spiked confirm his "seekings" to give him more redibility. And in the discussion afterwards have a few people carefully support him.

If it fails, no big deal, he was under threat already. And you havent risked the rest of your spiked ones much. But if it succedes you get rid of a village seeker. Perfect.

But noone else except Quinn agreed with me, and look what happened, the spiked took him immidiately. Was prolly a choice between me and quinn, but guess they realized more would trust Quinn then me who already had gone for Beetle before.

Also, the spiked have another advantage here among us. Just get 3-4 votes, basically if need be, themselves plus one or two, and the rest fall in line to give a stable majority:p

Now you lot get out, I am going to spend some time with some friends from my cellar, wich I have saved for a special occasion. Seems its about time to get on with it. "

The innkeeper then opens up a few different bottles of an unusally fine vintage and glares at any (among those having voted for him) that dont get out quickly enough

Edited by dyring

Dyring, I'm trying to decide whether or not to vote for you. If I don't, will you leave me your Inn in your will?? Haha- aw, screw it. whole place is about to be Koloss infested anyway.

*Logan sits back, re-reading his copy of Way of Kings, and watches Scadrial burn, weeping softly.*

Not that I think it matters, since the odds are against him, highly, but I'll vote Dyring. (Sorry, I never really wanted the Inn anyway, and let me say for the record- you're probably innocent. But group thinking/peer pressure get the better of me. XD)

Lets kill Maill next!! He's probably innocent too! ;)

Mat walks up to Dyring, looking him up and down.

"Now mate," He says. "I know I voted against you, but is it too late for me to join you for a round of drinks or two? Or twelve?"

At Dyring's harsh glare, Mat leaves the drunk man's presence quickly. 

"So, is that a maybe?" He calls as he leaves. "Some other time?" Outside of the Inn, Mat sees Aether, who is fervently working on a list.

"Aether," he says. "Perhaps you can make a list of reasons why Dyring should give me free drinks? Or perhaps just a list of what he has, since the man is as good as dead anyway..." Mat walks away, muttering.

"Dyring was right. We're all blasted fools."

Night 4 (Closing Time)

Wilson was the first to find Quinn’s body, as such, she was the first to bring the news and the note to the inn, which had become the go to meeting place. With as bad as things seemed to be going, it seemed everyone wanted to have the drinks nearby.

“Well, we’re screwed,” said Gambles. “They have a Mistborn on their side! Those are odds I’d never bet against!”

Dyring kept the drinks flowing, limping around and looking a bit pale. He may have been injured, but that wasn’t going to stop him from making sure everyone knew his opinion.

“You’re a fool and you’re a fool and you’re a fool! And you,” he said, point to Beetle. “You are still a bloody little Spiked bugger! I’ve told you all time and again, let’s get the bloody urchin!”

Beetle huddled back into the crowd that had grown around him and the whispers began. Rather than arguing all out, everyone gathered into groups, keeping their secrets to themselves. Some were talking about Dyring’s injuries.

“Quinn wasn’t that big of a guy, but with him being a Lurcher as well, I’ll bet that’s why Dyring is so beat up.”

“I can’t believe he’s still up and moving! Even as a Thug, he shouldn’t be alive! Maybe it’s because he’s Spiked!”

Dyring sat at the bar, drinking down a concoction that was 3 parts alcohol and 100 parts pewter and glaring at them all. Finally, Maill looked up from their table. “Uh, Dyring? I know you’ll probably hate this, but… Are you Spiked?”

Dyring stared, incredulous at the accusation. Maill cowered down, trying to make himself look as small as possible as Dyring started to turn red.

“That’s it! Everybody out! I far as I’m concerned, you can all go straight to the Inquisitors for all I care! I’m done with you all. You can come back later to collect your body, but for now, I don’t want to see any one of you!”

After everybody shuffled out, some faster than others, they stood around outside, unsure what they were supposed to do.

“I know what will cheer everyone up,” cried Aether. “All we need is a li-.”

A knife thumped into the wall next to him. Hanging from it was a list.

“Already gotcha covered, mate.” Kukri stood off to the side sharpening his other knife. Aether looked crestfallen.

Inside, Dyring had open a few special vintages he’d saved for a special occasion. He was hoping to use them for something a little less dour, but that wasn’t the way of his life.

He sighed, dumping out the glass he had his pewter mixture stored in and filled it with a shot of his favorite. He looked around his inn lovingly. He would miss it. His inn brought him such comfort and peace. He raised his glass to the room. “Thanks for all the good times, friend.” Then he took his drink and stopped burning pewter. Without it, his weakened body just gave out and he slumped against the bar.

A couple hours later, the villagers forced Porridge to check on Dyring. He peeked carefully around the door and when he came back unharmed, the rest of the village followed him in. They found Dyring’s body and began searching it for any bits of metal.

When they took off the bandages around his legs, Wilson called out, “look! A spike! We were right!”

Kukri lightly smacked her upside her head. “It’s just a splinter of wood. He probably got it while crawling across the floor.”

With their hopes dashed, they realized that they had been wrong again, but worst of all, once Dyring’s stockpile of liquor ran out, there’d be no one to buy any more!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 4 begins! Send in your night orders! Considering that I’m just arriving at college around the time that we typically quit each turn, that doesn’t give me any time to work on the write ups, so we’ll try going 36 hours from now.

Remember everyone, NO MORE PMs CAN BE SENT!

Dyring turned out to be the VILLAGER THUG!

Player Votes

Dyring - 9 (Maill, Aether, Clancy, Gamma, Kurkistan, Bartbug, Wilson, Mat, Porridge)

Aether - 0 (Dyring)

Updated Player List

Edited by Metacognition

Aether stood in the middle of the now empty inn, looking sullen. I have no longer have any idea of what is going on, he thought. Six villagers down and we still have no clue of who our enemy is.

Stepping out of the inn, the scholar noticed something flapping in the wind on a wall in the town square. Walking over, he recognized the distinct style of his own handwriting. I've made so many lists without getting anywhere"Oh, Power of Systematic and Orderly Cataloguing, why have Thou forsaken me?!"

Seriously, though, I think it's time to consider the possibility that they've infiltrated our groups quite thoroughly. It seems like the remaining players are more or less unanimously in support of Beetle's seekingness, but have we considered the possibility that Wilson might be spiked? Or how about Clancy? Porridge and Darnam's long absences seem to have exonerated them from everyone's suspicion, but what if that was part of the plan? Rambling like this only really serves to sow further confusion, I know, but I am trying to launch a discussion here.

Well, I now have to reconsider everything I thought I knew. I think I might just wait until the night is through to see who dies and what their allegiance is.

The fact that the Soother negated Dyring's vote for Aether is interesting, because there was an obvious majority for Dyring and would be no point to get rid of his vote. I have no idea what that means, but it's interesting to note.

I do not think it is of any significance. There were never that many that voted for me, so it is unlikely that it was done to keep me from harm, even if it was an action done early in the day that was just never changed. I feel it smacks more of someone just using their power for fun.

As previously stated, I'm rather confused at this point. But after rethinking it, I have one villager I suspect above all: Darnam. He was the one who suggested the deal of killing off both Edgar and Beetle (although I vocally suspected Edgar at that point (and Darnam!)), and now that both have been more or less proven to have been innocent, he's disappeared. Now, most here have proposed that he has lost interest in the game because of all the apparent toxicity in his arguments with some of us. That, however makes me realise how perfect such a tactic could be to completely avoid suspicion. Although not entirely gone, Mat has done a similar thing by being away a lot. He was heavily targeted during the first day, but he almost hasn't even been mentioned for these two past cycles.

Now, I do not know about Mat, but Darnam could have seen how effective his lack of attendance have been and copied this tactic. I suggest either target Darnam in tomorrow's vote, or have the Coinshot target him tonight.

Yeah. We really have to weigh our actions closely. I feel rather confident about Darnam though (though, admittedly, my confidence haven't served me that well thus far). The only other person I can think of would be Wilson. She clutched on to Beetle suspiciously early on. I cannot help but think it looks like she wanted to lodge herself firmly in with a potential Seeker.

Well it's night so we're automatically going to lose one person. Our only hope is if the Coinshot hits a Spiked or not tonight. (No pressure, or anything)

Edit - Was not suggesting the coinshot should stay his hand or anything like that. Sorry if my words were a bit confusing. I was just pressuring the Coinshot into making a good choice tonight.
(It was supposed to be a little humorous - there's really no way to guarantee any sort of accuracy since he's pretty much taking a shot in the dark.)
But our only hope is to Coinshoot a spiked tonight, and that'll pretty much just come down to luck at this point.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Are you suggesting that he's to stay his hand? Tomorrow, we'll have more time to for discussion about who's who, but I don't think we can afford to give them kill another one of us without retribution. If we are to win, we have to risk hitting a villager for the chance of killing a Spiked one tonight. If not, and they have the Soother/Rioter, then we're more or less screwed anyway.