Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

If anyone notices any similarities between the individuals in their lives (parents, bosses, friends, etc.) and that song, (appearance aside) get out of the situation ASAP, or do everything you can to change it if that is not an option. Tell someone about it, at the absolute minimum.

Working on it. :ph34r: And as for telling someone about it, that's why I love the Shard so much. ^_^ 

Conflating magic realism with genre fantasy. You usually see this with people who feel that fantasy authors don't get the praise from academia that they should. These same people also have limited ideas of a critique being an expression of opinion.

I just don't see why you enjoying something means there should be a university course about it. Just enjoy it yourself and with like minded individuals.

Conflating magic realism with genre fantasy. You usually see this with people who feel that fantasy authors don't get the praise from academia that they should. These same people also have limited ideas of a critique being an expression of opinion.

I just don't see why you enjoying something means there should be a university course about it. Just enjoy it yourself and with like minded individuals.

...we have the Shard...

...and Sanderson teaches a college course...

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I hate not being able to cry when I want to.

This.

I can't cry for movies, and I've only cried over a book once. I always see things that say "if you say you didn't cry during this scene you're lying" or "if you didn't cry at this part you have no heart." Well, I've got a heart, and these things can make me very sad, but I can't cry for them.

This.

I can't cry for movies, and I've only cried over a book once. I always see things that say "if you say you didn't cry during this scene you're lying" or "if you didn't cry at this part you have no heart." Well, I've got a heart, and these things can make me very sad, but I can't cry for them.

I'm not alone! I can be very emotional and sympathetic, but I rarely cry, and almost never when I want to.

This.

I get a little wet eyed at some scenes, but honestly the only book I have genuinely cried for is the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulaine.

-People who take up whole pages agreeing with other peoples peeves. It's been said, y'all don't have to repeat yerselves.

I totally agree! :P

In all seriousness, sometimes it's nice to know you're not the only one, that you aren't the only grouch in the world who doesn't cry during sad movie scenes or hates cold chairs.

Just my thoughts. :)

Edited by Mistrunner