Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

I just realised that unicorns are very dangerous. I mean they have a bloody spear on their head. They can just gallop forward and stab you in your rusting heart.

YES.

I have been saying this forever. one of the projects I want to write - that I've mentioned on this site, and to people, a lot- is just the idea of that. Cavalry is such a big deal in fiction; now imagine if the cavalry charging at you consists of horses made up of 800 pound of muscle, bred for war, with a giant spike.

Awesome. 

This is canon.  

...Er... sorry. But my random ranting digression is probably someone elses' pet peeve, so... it counts?

Edited by Quiver

-People who deny climate change is real/ think that it has nothing to do with us

-People who think climate change is solely or even primarily caused by humans (see the global cooling scare of earlier years). Sorry, I just...do not like this at all.

A huge (not pet) peeve of mine: 

- People who think that climate change is not primarily caused by humans because of the global cooling scarce, even though they know nothing about it.

People who argue about climate change. Not even trying to be funny, it annoys me to the point that I want to hit something.

Other things that make me want to break stuff:

~People, especially teenagers, arguing about politics.

~People arguing, repeating propaganda.

~People who deny that mass media is propaganda.

~Liberals who refuse to accept conservatives as having legitimate ideas.

~Those same liberals talking about accepting everybody.

~Conservatives who deny that liberals have legitimate ideas.

~Politicians.

~People who argue about politicians.

~People who disrespect those who have authority over them, especially band directors.

~People who intentionally sabotage or otherwise conspire against those who are in authority.

~People who misquote things more than once.

~People who repeat themselves more than once.

~Wannabes

~Self-righteous and/or vain people.

Probably more on this later.

Edited by Gargoyle

I'd just like to briefly point out that I didn't mean for my comment to be interpreted as a sort of "Well, people were worried about global cooling at one point, so human-caused global warming can't be a thing" argument. But I reslly don't want to argue about it, because, as Gargoyle so succintly sums up, arguing about climate change makes me want to hit something. Both sides are...strangly ideologically entrenched.

~People, especially teenagers, arguing about politics.

Yo Gargoyle, why does it annoy you when teenagers argue about politics? What am I saying? Even though I am a teenager, and like to argue about politics (Taking a mostly originalist textual approach, when referring to American politics), it annoys the crap out of me whenever I hear most teenagers arguing about politics. There's a reason that my Tumblr blog (That I ONLY use because my WordPress was totally nuked by a site update) is called "I [CENSORED] hate Tumblr." :P

Well, I'll make all you Americans feel better by mocking a politician for something he can't help! Here you go:

John Kerry walks into a bar.

The bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

*drum sting*

Mine are:-

- People giving opinion about someone/something without giving a single thought about it

- People who give free advice as if helping people is a second nature to them, but when you need them they're curiously absent.

- Drunkards who cannot control themselves.

- People who don't learn to let go.

- People who oppose only for the sake of opposition

- Sadistic people

- People who like to give low rating to everything popular, to show how cool they are. 

-Chewing with mouth open.

-Breathing unnecessarily loud.

-Skinny jeans with no pockets

-Dresses with no pockets.

-Any type of women's clothing that has places where pockets would work, but doesn't include them/has fake ones.

-People who sing ridiculously off key, but think they sound wonderful.

-Guys who take pockets for granted.

-People who are friends of your Facebook friends, then start messaging you.

-When people swear a ton, just because they think it makes them cool.

-When people keep annoying you, just because they like being annoying.

-When people won't listen to your opinions, just because you're young.

-When text messages are abbreviated so much that they make no sense at all.

-The word "booyah"

. . . I could go on. <_<

-Chewing with mouth open.

-Breathing unnecessarily loud.

-Skinny jeans with no pockets

-Dresses with no pockets.

-Any type of women's clothing that has places where pockets would work, but doesn't include them/has fake ones.

-People who sing ridiculously off key, but think they sound wonderful.

-People who are friends of your Facebook friends, then start messaging you.

-When people swear a ton, just because they think it makes them cool.

-When people keep annoying you, just because they like being annoying.

-When people won't listen to your opinions, just because you're young.

-When text messages are abbreviated so much that they make no sense at all.

-The word "booyah"

. . . I could go on. <_<

Booyah? But but Kim Possible.

Totally agree on pockets. I feel so liberated when my clothing actually has pockets/ that can fit things!

I've bought clothing I was otherwise iffy about purely because they *have* pockets.

I once heard its because if you give women pockets we'll take over the world. Which is a well meaning attempt at being flattering but....still doesn't help me carry my phone or keys or whatever.

I love pockets. I actually made a superhero named Captain Pockets. Powers: ability to store large quantities of objects inside pockets. Weaknesses: large objects. I actually went around at work, and people called me Captain Pockets when they wanted something in my pockets. I don't work there anymore, though. :(

- People who like to give low rating to everything popular, to show how cool they are. 

- People who assume I dislike most popular things for that very reason.

I feel like I'm being a very argumentative person right now, which really annoys me.

RE Pockets:

I wear a jacket or sweatshirt almost 24/7...icon_eek.gif

Edited by Gargoyle

- People who assume I dislike most popular things for that very reason.

I feel like I'm being a very argumentative person right now, which really annoys me.

RE Pockets:

I wear a jacket or sweatshirt almost 24/7...icon_eek.gif

I'll soak up and say that I'm much the same way.

And I wouldn't say you're being argumentative, but rather contrarian at the simplest.

I, on the other hand... :P

There's a difference between not liking a popular thing because you think dislike makes you cool, and disliking a popular thing on its own merits. Look at the one-star reviews for any popular series sometime. You'll see some people handing out stupid complaints ("Harry Potter is a wizard! Shun the nonbeliever!") but you'll also see others bringing up some good and legitimate points. On Harry Potter, for example, some of those one-star reviewers pointed out that Harry had some Mary Sue tendencies, the leniency of his teachers stretched credulity at times, and everything unique harkened back to other works. Those aren't the complaints of people disliking a popular series because it's popular; those are actual flaws fans tend to gloss over or excuse.

There's a difference between not liking a popular thing because you think dislike makes you cool, and disliking a popular thing on its own merits. Look at the one-star reviews for any popular series sometime. You'll see some people handing out stupid complaints ("Harry Potter is a wizard! Shun the nonbeliever!") but you'll also see others bringing up some good and legitimate points. On Harry Potter, for example, some of those one-star reviewers pointed out that Harry had some Mary Sue tendencies, the leniency of his teachers stretched credulity at times, and everything unique harkened back to other works. Those aren't the complaints of people disliking a popular series because it's popular; those are actual flaws fans tend to gloss over or excuse.

On the other hand, plenty of people blast, say, the Eleventh Doctor because "They made him young and silly to appeal to all those stupid fangirls at the expense of us real fans."

There are reasonable critics, and then there are elitist snot muffins who hate the entirety of a work's fan base. You'll find plenty of both reading through a page of reviews.

Of course. And in between, you have the people who just don't like cups of tea.... or something like that. :blink:

For example, I did enjoy reading Harry Potter... once. And that's really it. I won't get involved in fandom or all this other...stuff that seems to be still going on, because it was just merely enjoyable when I read it once and now have gone on to something else.

I do not really need to justify it. But, on the flipside, I also should not say, "You guys are STILL reading that? Hoid take it, read something REAL!" or something equally or more condescending. As the ol' saying goes, sometimes there's no accounting for taste.

-My brother, who had the audacity to complain about how small his pockets supposedly were

-People who think people who like the tenth Doctor only like him because they're in love with him or something equally dumb

-People who speak condescendingly/down at others

-People who refuse to do good things just because they like being stubborn

-Teachers teaching at their students and not to them

People who see something creative or out of the ordinary and can only say "What kind of drugs were you on?"

Is your feeble little mind really so weak that you cant even imagine how anyone could be creative without help? Is it really so dull in there that you do not have a sliver of creativity? What is it with you? Have you never questioned something?Do you not think?

Argh

Ok Im done.