Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

It sounds almost... condescending.

How do you manage to sound condescending towards underwear? How? What? Why?

Condescending words are my pet peeve.

Do you want Yum-Yum sauce?

Do you want a Big Boy Burger?

How would you like to try an Ooey Goey Scrumdelicious brownie?

Bleh.

Bleh.

Yes! The Comcast mail does this. If you're not signed in, it'll say "Uh-Oh, you're not signed in." Why do we need the "uh-oh"? Why? We're all adults here….

When people see something cute and exclaim in text, "Awe!"

<_<

This bugs me too.

Bleh.

I had a teacher in middle school who would talk to all us students like babies, calling us names like "Honey sugar pie" and so on. So I could not resist making fun of her when my grade put on a production of Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew" and I got to play Katherine. At the end of the play when I had become the perfect submissive wife and Petruchio called me onstage, I said to him, "What can I do for you, Honey Sugar Pie?"

Also, I think people sound shallow and idiotic when they use "totes" or "adorbs" when they mean "totally" or "adorable"--especially together. Are you an adult? Yes. Then stop talking like a four-year-old.

Oil-on-the-top peanut butter. I know it's natural. I know you can stir the oil in. I'm just saying that stirring it in is a serious pain.

See, when you stir it, the peanut butter doesn't want to blend with the oil, and those jars aren't meant for mixing things, so you invariably get oil and liquid peanut butter on your hand, on the outside of the jar, and on the counter. There's always a massive chunk to break up, and it won't want to break. So you wind up with this nasty consistency. And no matter how well you think you've stirred that peanut butter, you'll always find a crust of stubborn, un-mixed peanut butter at the bottom of the jar.

Screw all of that "natural" crap. When I want peanut butter, I want peanut butter, not the seventh labor of Hercules.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Also, I think people sound shallow and idiotic when they use "totes" or "adorbs" when they mean "totally" or "adorable"--especially together. Are you an adult? Yes. Then stop talking like a four-year-old.

For some reason it doesn't bother me to use this in text, but out loud just sounds idiotic.

Oil-on-the-top peanut butter. I know it's natural. I know you can stir the oil in. I'm just saying that stirring it in is a serious pain.

See, when you stir it, the peanut butter doesn't want to blend with the oil, and those jars aren't meant for mixing things, so you invariably get oil and liquid peanut butter on your hand, on the outside of the jar, and on the counter. There's always a massive chunk to break up, and it won't want to break. So you wind up with this nasty consistency. And no matter how well you think you've stirred that peanut butter, you'll always find a crust of stubborn, un-mixed peanut butter at the bottom of the jar.

Screw all of that "natural" crap. When I want peanut butter, I want peanut butter, not the seventh labor of Hercules.

What's really funny is that peanut butter does not occur in nature, so it is not even natural! Adding "natural" to such things arbitrarily is another pet peeve of mine.

What's really funny is that peanut butter does not occur in nature, so it is not even natural! Adding "natural" to such things arbitrarily is another pet peeve of mine.

Speak for yourself. You must never have found the elusive peanut butter tree then.

That tree is clearly the result of an unnatural and unholy deal with Yog-Shothoth!

Well... That is asides the point!

I actually somehow like Nutella, which is really weird because I can barely stand most sweet stuff. Feed me cake and I'll have an headache for an hour.

What irritates me? When people accuse Witcher of being racist because there are little non-white characters (it's like accusing Vikings of being racist - the thing is happening in Northern lands!).

Witcher. Racist.

I know that most of the people didn't read the books (or even heard that there is a source material), but come on, it's like they are not paying attention. Racism is one of the main themes, for Almighty's sake!

Edited by Oversleep

What irritates me? When people accuse Witcher of being racist because there are little non-white characters (it's like accusing Vikings of being racist - the thing is happening in Northern lands!).

Witcher. Racist.

I know that most of the people didn't read the books (or even heard that there is a source material), but come on, it's like they are not paying attention. Racism is one of the main themes, for Almighty's sake!

I'm not familiar with Witcher, but that sounds like a complaint straight from the more politically inclined corners of Tumblr. To quote one prominent blog: "There is never an excuse for not having a POC character in your story." Even if it's wildly implausible, apparently.