Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

People who think turn signals are optional, change lanes in front of you four inches from your front bumper, and take their sweet time drifting into your lane, who then flip you off when you honk at them. You almost caused an accident, you idiotic jackchull.

And then continue to do exactly the same thing to everyone else as far as the eye can see, dodging back and forth through traffic lanes like a stoned roadrunner.

And then continue to do exactly the same thing to everyone else as far as the eye can see, dodging back and forth through traffic lanes like a stoned roadrunner.

Great Noodly One, I hate snowbirds. <_< And here in Arizona, just about everyone plays this insufferable game where they'll go 5 miles under the speed limit, notice you're trying to pass them, and speed up just enough to keep you from getting in front of them. Once they've gotten rid of the space you needed to pass them, they slow back down again. And if you get behind them, they'll slow down even more, just to remind you who's boss. 

Great Noodly One, I hate snowbirds. <_< And here in Arizona, just about everyone plays this insufferable game where they'll go 5 miles under the speed limit, notice you're trying to pass them, and speed up just enough to keep you from getting in front of them. Once they've gotten rid of the space you needed to pass them, they slow back down again. And if you get behind them, they'll slow down even more, just to remind you who's boss. 

We obviously don't have any snowbirds here, but the entire country has people who do that power trip "you can't pass me" crap.  People, I have my cruise control on.  I can tell you're changing your speed.

People who think turn signals are optional, change lanes in front of you four inches from your front bumper, and take their sweet time drifting into your lane, who then flip you off when you honk at them. You almost caused an accident, you idiotic jackchull.

People who park their car on the sideline of the freeway and then pull back into traffic without a turn signal or accelerating right in front of you, forcing you to hit the breaks as hard as you can.

We obviously don't have any snowbirds here, but the entire country has people who do that power trip "you can't pass me" crap.  People, I have my cruise control on.  I can tell you're changing your speed.

They're not even subtle about it. And why do they do that? Why? If you let me pass you, I'll speed on by. You won't have to look at my bumper for more than a minute. 

And then there are the people who drive so slowly you put on your turn signal to pass them….only to have them change lanes in front of you at the last possible second. 

People who park their car on the sideline of the freeway and then pull back into traffic without a turn signal or accelerating right in front of you, forcing you to hit the breaks as hard as you can.

Here, we have people who think their hazard lights let them park anywhere. You'll see people who park in a fire lane, put their hazards on, and run into the mall for some shopping. Once I saw a driver parked in a turn lane with their hazards on, texting. 

I am always for feminism. But I hate it, when it changes its route from "equality between men and women" to "women being more equal". 

Today, while going through the main road of the town, on a cross section, a lady rammed her scooter into mine. 

My defence "Ma'am you and I are perpendicular to each other. And the light was green on my side, so why did you drive (i.e. jump the red light ) ?"

Her defence "You idiot driver, you should've seen me giving indicator in your direction (totally absurd, she means, I should've paid attention to what's on my left and right, instead of what's in front of me). Now pay a fine. I demand Rs. 500 (a significant amount)"

We argued for sometime, and I ended up paying her Rs. 250.

Tl;dr --> Woman rams her scooter into mine at traffic lights, even though, it was her clear violation of traffic rules (jumped red light). I offer valid reasoning. She replies with absurd defence and asks me to pay her money. I ended up paying fine for her offence.

I am always for feminism. But I hate it, when it changes its route from "equality between men and women" to "women being more equal".

Today, while going through the main road of the town, on a cross section, a lady rammed her scooter into mine.

My defence "Ma'am you and I are perpendicular to each other. And the light was green on my side, so why did you drive (i.e. jump the red light ) ?"

Her defence "You idiot driver, you should've seen me giving indicator in your direction (totally absurd, she means, I should've paid attention to what's on my left and right, instead of what's in front of me). Now pay a fine. I demand Rs. 500 (a significant amount)"

We argued for sometime, and I ended up paying her Rs. 250.

Tl;dr --> Woman rams her scooter into mine at traffic lights, even though, it was her clear violation of traffic rules (jumped red light). I offer valid reasoning. She replies with absurd defence and asks me to pay her money. I ended up paying fine for her offence.

Is that even legal? :blink:

Yeah, I am confused as to this point as well...especially since paying for it now indicates that you were in the wrong.

I'm also confused as to what this has to do with feminism in any of its forms.

Thats exactly my point. I was right, but since the lady claimed it was my fault, the police officer didn't even care to listen to my point. I could've argued further with the police officer, but it would be counter productive, as then he would've fined me on any make believe charges. The police here are very corrupt.

I said 'feminism' because in.this case people assume directly that women are at disadvantage without even pausing and thinking about the situation.

What an amazing weekend it is !!!

While tomorrow everyone will be busy celebrating Valentine's day with their loved ones, or Singles Awareness day, depending how you fit in the situation, I will be giving a test at my institute (my classes are at weekends). 

It's things like these which prevent me from having a romantic life.  

Nonrhythmic banging. Imagine you are half asleep, Imagine you hear a carpenter hammering in a nail, this is already pretty annoying, but as long as he keeps a steady pulse it is pretty ok.

But not if he keeps breaking it and hits the nail at random intervals, that drives me crazy.

Nonrhythmic banging. Imagine you are half asleep, Imagine you hear a carpenter hammering in a nail, this is already pretty annoying, but as long as he keeps a steady pulse it is pretty ok.

But not if he keeps breaking it and hits the nail at random intervals, that drives me crazy.

THE TURN SIGNAL IN THE CAR IS SLIGHTLY IRRHYTHMIC

DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS

Also, when the turn signal isn't to the beat of whatever music I'm listening to.

THE TURN SIGNAL IN THE CAR IS SLIGHTLY IRRHYTHMIC

DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS

Also, when the turn signal isn't to the beat of whatever music I'm listening to.

I once had my turn signal sync up with the signal of the car in front of me. 

It lasted but a moment. 

But it's a moment I will cherish for the rest of my life. 

I once had my turn signal sync up with the signal of the car in front of me. 

It lasted but a moment. 

But it's a moment I will cherish for the rest of my life. 

Oh, those are fun.  They sync up - bee doo bee doo, they slip a little, slip a little more, they start to alternate.

BEE doo BEE doo BEE doo

doo BEE doo BEE doo BEE

Oh, those are fun.  They sync up - bee doo bee doo, they slip a little, slip a little more, they start to alternate.

BEE doo BEE doo BEE doo

doo BEE doo BEE doo BEE

First world problem. When you have one tempo on the radio, the turn signal clicking at a different tempo that's completely unrelated. And your parents ask you why you're wrinkling your nose. I'm sure it's just me, but it still does irritates. #firstworldproblem #musicianproblem

Edited by The Young Bard