Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

4 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. Which is being chosen? Paper or plastic? 

Edit: After reading multiple times, I've come to the conclusion that you meant both are being used together. Many people reuse both paper and plastic grocery bags for other things at home, like recycling storage and waste basket liners. 

Another reason to do this is wanting the strength of a paper bag combined with the spill containing power of plastic. If something leaks in a canvas bag, it'll be all over the inside of your car. 

No, but reusable bags are better! Plastic is fine. Paper I hate, but I’ll deal with. But paper and plastic is just stupid. Reusable bags do the same thing infinitely better- and they’re reusable! BAH

17 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

No, but reusable bags are better! Plastic is fine. Paper I hate, but I’ll deal with. But paper and plastic is just stupid. Reusable bags do the same thing infinitely better- and they’re reusable! BAH

How do you think plastic is fine but paper isn't? Paper's biodegradable where plastic isn't.

I find reusable bags annoying because most of the time they aren't even that reusable and easily tear (straps mainly) under the slightest pressure.Reusable bags are generally much larger than plastic/paper ones and don't really distribute weight that well, whereas plastic/paper hold less and don't rip as much. 

20 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Well... Except for the part where the handles rip off and they aren't spill proof. I get the feeling that you work at a grocery store and your only real enmity towards paper bags is that you have to go through the extra step of opening the bag compared to the metal hanger that the plastic ones sit on. I should know cause I worked at the grocery store in HS. I hated paper bags cause they were more time consuming to actually bag groceries in. 

Am I close to the mark here? 

Edited by AngelEy3

• 1 month later...

Having to experience one while working: People helping me on something that doesn't need two or more people to do. Seriously, it doesn't need to have two people to return a bunch of novels, one calling out and one inputting the title. I also do it faster by myself but my mom somehow thinks it goes faster the other way. I've gotten tired of telling her I don't need help for the millionth time.

When people think that anyone who disagrees with them is either an idiot, evil, or being influenced by the devil.

Last night, I was watching the news with my parents out in the living room and some story came on about kids who survived the Parkland shooting coming to Texas and promoting changes to gun laws. My mom said something along the lines of, "I'm scared for the future, because half of the millions of kids out there have no idea what they're doing."

I so wanted to call her out on her BS and ask if she meant the liberal half of kids.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, StrikerEZ said:

When people think that anyone who disagrees with them is either an idiot, evil, or being influenced by the devil.

Last night, I was watching the news with my parents out in the living room and some story came on about kids who survived the Parkland shooting coming to Texas and promoting changes to gun laws. My mom said something along the lines of, "I'm scared for the future, because half of the millions of kids out there have no idea what they're doing."

I so wanted to call her out on her BS and ask if she meant the liberal half of kids.

She could have meant the half of kids that don't agree with those who survived that shooting.

Though, I actually agree with your mom here ... it really is a little scary.

It really bugs me when I go out for ice cream and they give me this dinky midget spoon that's impossible to use without getting ice cream on my hands. That defeats the whole purpose of eating with a spoon at all!

Today's #FirstWorldProblems rant brought to you by Baskin-Robbins.

• Chaos locked this topic