Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

@TheOrlionThatComesBefore

That makes it even worse as well. Like could you imagine if Brandon hadn't revealed Vin's father towards the beginning of the book and people speculating it being Kelsier or the Lord Ruler? It's only acceptable to me if the author/script keeps pointing towards who it is and then pulling a 180 on it by treating it as a 'red herring' without knowing what that even means.

What's funny with me is I do have my own head canons but I will throw it away if it turns out not to be true. Like before I ever started reading Way of Kings I had heard some stuff about the ethnicities and the cityscapes so I had my own idea what it would look like but once I started reading I didn't get upset about it reading differently from what I imagined.

I haven't started any of Ice and Fire, want to finish reading Brandon's stuff before diving in there, so I don't really know about what issues are outside of people being upset over certain characters dying. I have issues of my own with Star Wars and for me that's the direction of the spin off films. I'd rather they tell new stories that don't involve any of the characters and events in the three trilogies while relegating new stories involving the trilogy characters to the books and comics. But I'm not in charge of this series so I'm choosing which films I'd rather not waste my time with and read the novelization and which films actually sound like a movie instead of an adaptation of a yet to be released book.

I saw a concert today!
There was a few movements of a symphony, and a concerto. It was really nice.
EDIT:
I just realised where I posted this. This is what I get for opening things in tabs and not looking at the titles.

Edited by A Budgie

We drink iced tea in this house and I had to open a new bottle to fill two cups. When it's full it's hard not to have it dribble down the side. I got maybe two drops on the counter and my mom started berating me for spilling, she got a paper towel to wipe it up and she knocked the bottom of the jug enough that I nearly spilled the entire thing. That would've been a much bigger mess than a couple drops of tea and yet I'm the messy one in this case. Heck I was going to clean up immediately after filling both cups and that would've only been a few seconds longer.

• 3 weeks later...

How to earn my undying hatred: Loiter next to my car in the grocery store parking lot, smoking a cigarette and forcing my asthmatic self to breathe the filthy cloud of noxious fumes while I attempt to get in the car as fast as humanly possible. I swear, some people have NO consideration for others.

Well, people putting their stuff on my desk at school. Arms, books, opening their binders onto my desk, etc.

When people use improper grammar and spelling while texting. When I'm texting, I spell out OKAY. It's not that hard, people! It really bugs me when they don't even use a period. Or just one letter answers. K        @Cel does it all the time, and it is really annoying.

Beat up books. People think I'm over protective of my books. So they run off with them and hide them. A bend in the cover annoys me, and stuff like that. (But I like books that the edges of the paper is beginning to turn yellow). I mean, they take good care of their other belongings, but not books! If your phone screen cracks, it will bug you. If the cover of my book is bent, it bugs me! If someone gets something all over their shoes, it annoys them. If I get water on my book, it annoys me! (I also just don't like it when people steal my books).

People who kick the back of my chair in school.

People who read the first line of a book, then use that one line to decide whether or not they are going to finish the book. At least finish the first chapter! (That's what happened to the friend I gave tFE for Christmas. And I read her favorite series even though (I'll admit it) it's terrible. Like, super cliché, cheesy, and full of teenage romance. Which I hate). 

When people use "legit" in improper context. It stands for legitimate, not awesome! 

When people use about ten paper towels in the bathroom. Save the rainforests! I never use more than two.

Tight clothes. No. Just no. Reasonably loose t-shirt, and bootcut jeans. No skinny jeans, or anything like that. *shiver*

(This is a long list.)

Long lists.

This is the end of, book one of, Tesh's Lists of her Pet Peeves.

The American income tax machine. Have to pay in year after year while I listen to my single parent coworkers talk about all the many thousands of dollars that are being "returned" to them. These people don't make enough money to have paid that in to begin with. I know, because I make the same wage. There needs to be a cap. No single person should be getting back more than what they have paid in. At that point it's no longer a return, it's a redistribution, and is wholly unfair. Why should I be subsidizing the existence of other people's children to the detriment of my own financial needs? 

Edited by AngelEy3

7 hours ago, Tesh said:

Beat up books. People think I'm over protective of my books. So they run off with them and hide them. A bend in the cover annoys me, and stuff like that. (But I like books that the edges of the paper is beginning to turn yellow). I mean, they take good care of their other belongings, but not books! If your phone screen cracks, it will bug you. If the cover of my book is bent, it bugs me! If someone gets something all over their shoes, it annoys them. If I get water on my book, it annoys me! (I also just don't like it when people steal my books).

As someone who lends books a lot, I feel you.

There was a funny/relevant post going around FB in Hebrew. I translated it and posted it. Now someone has shared it from the original source, with my translation, without giving me credit. (They likely thought I was just sharing the translation?)

Anyhow, now I'm pissed and trying to be mature about it. It's not like she's stealing profit from me. I don't want to kick up a fuss and look vain and self centred. *Deep breaths*

Edit: Ok I just messaged her asking her to credit me feeling terrified hiiiiii

Edit again she is totally fine with it *yay I stood up for myself*

Edited by Del-light-full

22 minutes ago, Del-light-full said:

There was a funny/relevant post going around FB in Hebrew. I translated it and posted it. Now someone has shared it from the original source, with my translation, without giving me credit. (They likely thought I was just sharing the translation?)

Anyhow, now I'm pissed and trying to be mature about it. It's not like she's stealing profit from me. I don't want to kick up a fuss and look vain and self centred. *Deep breaths*

Nice one!
Definitely understand the entire feeling terrified thing...

2 hours ago, Del-light-full said:

Its hardly vain to want to receive due credit. Believe me when I say that I understand that feeling of terror quite well.

People at work declaring our current time zone to be "Central Standard Time."

No. We are currently in Central Daylight Time. There is a difference.

*wanders off singing the word "pedant" over and over to the Pink Panther theme*

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Like, if you’re going to get paper and you plastic

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. Which is being chosen? Paper or plastic? 

Edit: After reading multiple times, I've come to the conclusion that you meant both are being used together. Many people reuse both paper and plastic grocery bags for other things at home, like recycling storage and waste basket liners. 

Another reason to do this is wanting the strength of a paper bag combined with the spill containing power of plastic. If something leaks in a canvas bag, it'll be all over the inside of your car. 

Edited by AngelEy3