Paalm's Spike and God Metal Alloys

HokieBry

The Ars Arcanum states that each of the 16 base metals can be used in alloy with the two God Metals to "craft an entirely different set of sixteen each."  Is this statement worded poorly?  To me, as written, that sounds like there are 16 possibly alloys for each of the 16 base metals, for a total of 256 metals.  Is the intent of that statement that there are actually 16 base metals and 16 total alloys to these with atium and lerasium?

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere (as I am sure it has because the users on this forum are amazing and think of everything and track every WoB, but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer).

On a side note, I've read a few topics and a WoB that Paalm's mystery metal spike is a metal that Harmony is not aware of.  Does that mean it is from another planet, or could it mean it is an alloy of atium and one of the 16 base metals?

So what are the total possible number of metals, including the alloys with the god metals? And would all of these have different powers?

OK, so, 16 normal metals.

2 Godmetals (atium & lerasium)

16 atium alloys

16 lerasium alloys

That totals up to 50, each theoretically with a separate, distinct power.  Plus harmonium = 51.

Unless, of course, harmonium can be alloyed in as well for new effects, in which case we've got 66 67.

Edited by Kaymyth

That's what my math was adding up to once I thought about it a bit more.

50 distinct powers is quite a lot. I wonder if we'll see them in the other era mistborn books?

Has it been confirmed by Brandon that Paalm's spike is made from a metal from another planet, or could it be a God Metal alloy?

That's what my math was adding up to once I thought about it a bit more.

50 distinct powers is quite a lot. I wonder if we'll see them in the other era mistborn books?

Has it been confirmed by Brandon that Paalm's spike is made from a metal from another planet, or could it be a God Metal alloy?

No to my knowledge, and I imagine that he'd be RAFOing such questions.  I think it's a new godmetal entirely, either via Autonomy, Odium, or an alloy of both.  That leaves the question of, can it be alloyed, too?  Or do only the native Scadrian godmetals alloy in?

• Chaos locked this topic