Steelheart Movie Casting

Gamma Fiend

David- Dylan o Brien

Megan- Cara Delevingne she looks young enough all that has to be done is dye her hair blonde (or a stronger blonde and the eyebrows 

Prof- woody Harrelson (acts dark like his Haymitch role)

Tia- Bryce Dallas Howerd

Cody- I agree with Paul McGann

Abraham- Idris Elba or Omar Sy Dwayne Johnson was my first thought but he is to pricy for a secondary role 

Steelheart-Henry Cavill

Nightwielder- BD Wong or Tadanobu Asano

Firefight-pretty much CGI

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2013 at 2:56 AM, eveorjoy said:

My dream cast for a Steelheart movie (I am not a movie geek, so if you think of better actors that's fine by me.)

The Reckorers

David- Shia LaBeouf. The man is a far better actor than he gets credit for. He can play a good mix of goofy nerd and vengeance seeking action Hero.

shia-labeouf-mutt.jpg

Prof - Val Kilmer. Val can give the roll the mix of tenderness, sternness, and darkness the character needs.

val-kilmer-lookin-good-225x300.jpg

Megan - Jennifer Lawrence. She can be tough as nails and yet have a vulnerably that makes her enduring.

Jennifer-Lawrence.jpg

Abraham - Tom Hardy. Because Abraham was always carrying big heavy guns, he always seemed buff in my head. I loved Tom in "Inception." I think he could pull off the accent and if he was a bulky as Bane in "Dark Knight Rises" I think he would fit the part well.

tom_hardy_a_p.jpg

Cody - Ron Perlman, I just think it would be funny hearing Ron calling David "lad" with an American accent. Ron is also good at saying crazy things with a straight face just like Cody.

40438_pro.jpg

Tia - Gina Torres. Tia seemed to be the main researcher and counselor of the Reckorers, well as second in command. I loved Gina in "Firefly" as well as in other rolls. I think she would bring and interesting angle to Tia.

ustv-suits-gina-torres-4.jpg

The Epics (I'm just going to cast the inner circle, expect for Firefight, and the titular character.)

Conflux - Brian George. I think he could do well with Conflux's one scene,

MV5BNTAwNzI3MjU0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI2

Nightwielder -- Ken Watanabe. Another actor from "Inception." I think he has the dignity and presence the lord of night needs,

watanabe_l.jpg

FInally, Steelheart-- Chris Hemsworth. Some have suggested Henry Cavill, because Steelheart is kind of evil Superman. Well I think Steelheart is more god like than Superman. So why not have him be played by the actor who played the god of thunder?

Chris-Hemsworth_1403696c__120212092811-2

Those are my picks. Maybe there are better choices, but it would be neat if a few of these actors appeared in a real Steelheart movie.

wow, these are actually really good.  I didn't expect to be impressed when I  opened this thread :)

Shia is totally like David.  I wish he didn't annoy so much in movies like Indiana Jones 4.  He'd be a great fit :)

Abraham is supposed to be dark skinned though, and Tia is short with red hair, so your casting choices may need some tweaking in that regard hehe.  And.. isn't Val Kilmer horribly obese these days? I loved him in Willow :)

10 hours ago, Matt O said:

wow, these are actually really good.  I didn't expect to be impressed when I  opened this thread :)

Shia is totally like David.  I wish he didn't annoy so much in movies like Indiana Jones 4.  He'd be a great fit :)

Abraham is supposed to be dark skinned though, and Tia is short with red hair, so your casting choices may need some tweaking in that regard hehe.  And.. isn't Val Kilmer horribly obese these days? I loved him in Willow :)

Thanks.

I made that list years ago, months before Firefights released. Shia and Jennifer are too old now.

I did forget Abramham was black. I think I Idris Elba would work now.

I do stand by my Tia casting. Gina Torres may not have red hair, but she has the wit and strength of Tia and that is enough for me.

As for Val Kilmer, he could go on a diet. Then again Mark Hamill would be awesome as Prof. He would do well when Prof is good and then he would be awesome when Prof went evil.

Edited by eveorjoy

1 minute ago, eveorjoy said:

Thanks.

I made that list years ago, months before Firefights released. Shia and Lawrence are too old now.

I did forget Abramham was black. I think I Idris Elba would work now.

I do stand by my Tia casting. Gina Torres may not have red hair, but she has the wit and strength of Tia and that is enough for me.

As for Val Kilmer, he could go on a diet. Then again Mark Hamill would be awesome as Prof. He would do well when Prof is good and then he would be awesome when Prof went evil.

Yes, I am late to the party and it looks like this forum is pretty slow.  Calamity came out while I was reading the Wax and Wayne books and I just now got around to reading it.

I am kinda bummed to see that the Reckoners isn't as popular as Stormlight or Mistborn.  I really really enjoyed reading it, surprised more people don't like it.

I think Liam Neeson would be a great Prof.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

David-justin timberlake or zac effron 

Meagan-Leven Rambin or Teresa Palmer

Prof- Steven Lang or Liam Neeson

Nia-Holly Hunter or Laura Linney or Julieanne moore.

Abraham-Ving Rhames or  Djimon Hounsou

Cody-Tom Hardy or Sean William Scott

Val- Salma Hayak or Jennifer Lopez

Mizzy-Zendaya or jurnee smollet

exell-Hafpor Bjornsson or Brock Lesnar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...