Steelheart Movie Casting

Gamma Fiend

Prof: liam neeson no question

Tia: Julianne Moore

Steelheart: tom hardy, all he would have to do is be bane again

Cody: Chris Pratt

Obliteration: Jeffrey wright, he could deliver the lines. Always saw obliteration as quiet but deadly

And for the trolls, deathpoint would be shia lebouf.

Other than that I don't really care. No teenage/young adult actors I'm in love with to play David or Megan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After going back and reading David's initial impression of Megan, I think Jennifer Lawrence is my favorite to play her.

"A woman walked past Fortuity. Tall, lithe, and golden-haired, and perhaps twenty years old, she wore a thin red dress with a plunging neckline."

I mean, can't you imagine her snagging Fortuity's attention in this dress?

jennifer-lawrence-2011-oscars.jpg

I also think Liam Neeson would be a good pick for Prof. He has the ability to be the calm mentor-type character (see Star Wars Episode I), but he can also be totally intense. (See Taken.) However, I believe Jeremy Irons could also pull it off. I liked him as Brom in the Eragon movie (which IMO was ok as just a movie, but terrible as a book-to-movie adaptation), and I have this idea of Prof in my head that he's kind of tall and wiry like Jeremy Irons.

As for David... I think Jay Baruchel would be perfect for the role. I know him best for his parts in The Sorcerer's Apprentice (alongside Nicolas Cage) and How to Train Your Dragon as Hiccup. He's really good at being endearingly awkward, so I think he would be a good match for David.

I don't really know who I would cast as Abraham... Somebody suggested Nonso Anozie, and I like that idea. I haven't seen him in many things, but the roles I have seen him in were always gentlemanly, which seems to fit Abraham. I also like the previous suggestion of possibly Chris Pratt for Cody. He's a great comedian.

So I just went back and re-read Firefight to prepare for the release of Calamity, and Tia is described as redheaded. So now I'm imagining her as Julianne Moore. She seems about the right age to be Prof's peer, plus I think she did a great job in The Hunger Games of being a serious leadership figure.

For Mizzy, I think Amandla Stenberg, the actress who played Rue in the first Hunger Games movie, might be a good fit. That's about the only really big thing she's been in, but I liked her performance as a sweet girl in a tough situation.

David: Drew Roy

Megan: Annasophia Robb

Prof: Gary Oldman

Tia: Debra Messing

Abraham: Djimon Hounsou

Mizzy: Amandla Stenberg

Steelheart: Tom Hardy

Conflux: Ben Kingsley

Regalia: Adina Porter

Nightwielder: Daniel Dae Kim

Deathpoint: Cillian Murphy

Obliteration: Taylor Kitsch

..Obviously this a dream casting, the movie would be very unbalanced if the biggest stars of the movie all played minor roles the way they would in my casting. I tried to find actors with the acting ability to accurately portray the characters and fit the physical apperance of their respective roles

post-18418-0-84703200-1455946465_thumb.j

post-18418-0-92335100-1455946520_thumb.j

post-18418-0-11802500-1455947789_thumb.j

post-18418-0-19017400-1455947798_thumb.j

post-18418-0-48267500-1455947811_thumb.j

post-18418-0-05746400-1455947863_thumb.j

post-18418-0-24390700-1455948067_thumb.j

post-18418-0-50257700-1455948086_thumb.j

post-18418-0-97224000-1455948094_thumb.j

I searched, though I didn't actually read the whole thread, but has no one suggested Zachary Levi for David? He's got the nerdy charm, with just enough suaveness to pull it off, while still nailing the bad metaphors (similes).

On that note, I'd put him back together with Yvonne Strahovski as Megan, though some of the other suggestions here have been spot on too.

jW

I searched, though I didn't actually read the whole thread, but has no one suggested Zachary Levi for David? He's got the nerdy charm, with just enough suaveness to pull it off, while still nailing the bad metaphors (similes).

On that note, I'd put him back together with Yvonne Strahovski as Megan, though some of the other suggestions here have been spot on too.

jW

I think while he would be good characterization-wise, Zachary Levi would be too old to play David. Maybe if we got a time machine and went back a decade or so yeah.

I think while he would be good characterization-wise, Zachary Levi would be too old to play David. Maybe if we got a time machine and went back a decade or so yeah.

Ack, you're probably right, even though he can come across younger than he is fairly convincingly, that would be a stretch. Yvonne as Megan I'm sticking with.

jW