Steelheart Movie Casting

Gamma Fiend

Yeah maybe. I am a bit out of touch with all the "young" actors and actresses.

I just find it easy if I can picture someone in the movie playing in my head while reading.

Taylor Lautner doesn't seem like a great David for the book but for some reason he is all I could think of that would work for me. Plus he could pull off all the action scenes easily.

And Scarlett, well I wanted David to have the best kick butt bombshell out there right now. She seems perfect for the role, age aside.

If the movie truly gets made I hope we will all be satisfied with the casting choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the idea of Liam Neeson as Prof, but David Strathairn is exactly how I imagined him.

For Megan I think about Britt Robertson and I'm sure Ken Watanabe would be a perfect Nightwielder.

Just noticed:

I'm crawling through this forum for 3 years or so and this ist my first post :D

Edited by mr42

I really love the idea of Liam Neeson as Prof, but David Strathairn is exactly how I imagined him.

For Megan I think about Britt Robertson and I'm sure Ken Watanabe would be a perfect Nightwielder.

Just noticed:

I love David Strathairn, but I'm not sure if he could pull off the menace Prof needs to convey in certain key scenes. I haven't seen the other two actors you mentioned in anything, so I can't comment on them. :P

Welcome to the forum! :D Clearly you've technically been here longer than I have, but it's good to hear from you. :)

Just noticed:

Wow. That's pretty close to what I had in my head. 

For me, for some strange reason, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow is Tia in my brain.  :huh:

I love David Strathairn, but I'm not sure if he could pull off the menace Prof needs to convey in certain key scenes. I haven't seen the other two actors you mentioned in anything, so I can't comment on them. :P

I haven't seen much of Britt Robertson as well, but she looks like I imagined Megan.

Ken Watanabe is the asian guy from Inception. In my head Nightwielder was cold and calculating and I think this is the way he would be as Nightwielder.

Maybe I just associated Strathairn with Prof because of the series Alphas :D

Yep, I agree that Chris Hemsworth would make the best steelheart, I actually was thinking of him and I was happy when I found out that I wasn't the only. Liam Neeson fits prof, I hadn't thought about it before, but I reckon he does...

Scarlett Johansson is pretty hot and I wouldn't complain if she got casted as Megan, but if I had to choose I would take Jennifer Lawrence for Megan.

Like many of you I love brandon's books and I would actually cry if Shia was casted... just sayin'

Edited by Zaci-chan

So, when reading Steelheart, why did this never occur to anyone:

Hugh Jackman as Steelheart. In the book, Steelheart is described as huge, and there's a pun waiting there somewhere. I think Jason Momoa or Chris Hemsworth could work though.

For Prof, I always pictured him as Jack Nicholson, or maybe Viggo Mortenson. Not sure why I thought of Aragorn, but in LoTR, Viggo managed to be both quiet and calm with an undercurrent of intensity, and then just plain intense when needed, like Prof.

As Tia, I fully agree with Gina Torres, but maybe Gillian Anderson, because Scully.

Ron Perlman is the only one for Cody in my mind.

For Abraham, I think Tom Hardy could pull it off, or Idris Elba. (Didn't someone already say that?)

Megan, I think, would probably be Chloe Grace Mortez. She's already a good actress for being so young (If I remember correctly, she's seventeen, which makes her close to how old Megan looks.)

Then for David, it would probably be an unknown, but I always pictured him as Brenton Thwaites. I loved Thwaites in The Giver, and I think he'd be fantastic here. Andrew Garfield could work.

The Babilar Reckoners, besides Val, I don't know. As Val, I kept thinking Halle Berry.

The Epics:

Hugh Jackman as Steelheart.

Ken Wantabe as Nightwielder.

For Conflux, Newton, Fortuity, and Regalia, I dunno.

Again, Deathpoint draws a blank. I pictured him as Robert Carlyle, but I'm not sure if that'd work.

And as Obliteration, Vin Diesel. Full stop.

But first, the movie actually has to enter this stage. I believe Brandon sold the rights or something, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...

I always pictured Benedict Cumberbatch as Steelheart. Or maybe Michael Fassbender.

I thing Liam Neeson would be a great Prof. Bryan Cranston might also be a good choice.

Michael Fassbender I can definitely see. Cumberbatch, not so much, but I can definitely get on board with the idea of Fassbender as Steelheart. 

It's a very non-traditional look even based on what I had in my head while reading the book, but what about Chiwetel Ejiofor as Steelheart? I didn't picture him as being black, but imagine that brooding look and the utter self-confidence he projects...

jW

Michael Fassbender I can definitely see. Cumberbatch, not so much, but I can definitely get on board with the idea of Fassbender as Steelheart. 

I don't know about Fassbender either. Steelheart needs to be massive. He needs to be the size of the Rock, with a glare to match.

How about this?

Prof-Adam Sandler

David-Adam Sandler

Tia-Adam Sandler

Tia's coke- Adam Sandler

Cody-Adam Sandler

Abraham-Adam Sandler

Steelheart-Adam Sandler

Conflux-Adam Sandler

Megan-Adam Sandler

Nightwielder-Adam Sandler

Curveball-Adam Sandler

Fortuity-Adam Sandler

Deathpoint-Adam Sandler

David's father- Adam Sandler

All Other epics- Adam sandler

Adam Sandler-Adam Sandler (Adam Sandler-ception!)