Steelheart Movie Casting

Gamma Fiend

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I know it's a popular suggestion, but I can't at all see Henry Cavill as Steelheart. Perhaps I'm raising the bar too high, but to me, Steelheart should blur the line between grizzled barbarian and magnificent demigod. He should have the charisma to dominate any scene he takes part in and the voice to spark fear in the cast and the audience alike.

It's a tall order, but Steelheart's defining characteristic is the fear he ignites in the hearts of men. The audience should find themselves completely unable to imagine not being afraid of this character. Perhaps this is my lack of imagination talking, but I can't see Henry Cavill radiating that particular kind of presence.

EDIT:

[fluttershy voice]

Um, well, that's just my subjective opinion. There are good points to be made on the other side as well.

[/fluttershy voice]

Well, if you don't like the option of Superman from Man of Steel, may I suggest Gerard Butler (as he looked in the Phantom of the Opera minus the two face properties) as an alternative option?

Edited by gjustice99

David I agree could be an unknown.

Megan as well. If she was played by a 'more important' actor than David's then they would focus too much on her.

Prof has to be Liam Neeson.

Firefight:

He can play kind as well as 'looming' as David describes him in Firefight. I was indecisive, but Firefight really screams Liam Neeson.

I really have no clue for Cody or Abraham. They are too unique.

Torri Higginson for Tia but she would have to dye her hair red. She did great as the 'desk job' in Stargate Atlantis. Elizabeth Mitchell would also be good, but would have to be a little less cheerful than what I've seen her play.

I personally like the Man of Steel as well for Steelheart. That would just be perfect really.

For Firefight characters:

Exel: Jorge Garcia who played Hurley from LOST. He can play kind quite well and is the right size for Exel.

Val: Daniella Alonso is kinda of how I pictured her.

No idea for Mizzy or Regalia either.

Obliteration: Michael Rooker.

Edited by Khyrindor

Lee Pace for Steelheart just cause he's awesome and would be amazing. I think Emma Watson could play Megan, she definitely can pull off the tough girl vibe if she wants to. Nonso Anozie for Abraham. Jaime Bell for Cody (maybe) depends if he can act cheerful fir once or smile lol.  I know many people want Liam Neeson for Prof but I think he just wouldn't fit the part, also he's just not who I imagined Prof to be in my mind. David is also another hard character to cast but the best person I can think of to play him is Dylan O'Brian

I say Mike Neuman (who voiced the character Scooter in the Borderlands series) should play Cody. Are there any vaugely-French actors out there other than Jean Reno for Abraham? I feel like he's a little bit too old, but perhaps he could do it.

http://youtu.be/Yr-7_602kP8?t=2m33s

Edited by AndrewStirlingMacDonald

The only person who's qualified to play the Professor is Keanu Reaves.  I think we all know that.

It's possible you're joking but I actually think he's a good choice. He's closer to Prof's age and he can really work the black labcoat look, plus he can do creepy and sinister.

Edited by Wrath

It's possible you're joking but I actually think he's a good choice. He's closer to Prof's age and he can really work the black labcoat look, plus he can do creepy and sinister.

Yeah, I'm being 100% serious, mostly for the reasons that you already pointed out.

Anyways, Cody should be Woody Harrelson.  If you've seen Zombieland, you'd know why.

Edited by Patrick Star

• 1 month later...

Prof- Liam Neeson, hands down! Keanu doesn't look old enough.

liam-neeson-taken-2.jpeg

Steelheart? Now that is a challenge.

I always pictured him as being in his thirties or forties, so to me Superman just looks too young, and too cute. Steelheart needs to be handsome, yes, but in a rugged, powerful way, a mature way.

the rock could do it, although i always pictured steelgeart as white, he was never explicitly described as such i think.

look how he rocks the long hair! And dat bod

dwayne-johnson-as-hercules-2014.jpg

for deathpoint, Robert knepper would be quite adequate i think. Look at this creepy face! Although initially i imagined deathpoint a tad younger

http://www.iconicinterview.com/?attachment_id=287

• 4 weeks later...

I can only think of Triple H as Steelheart. Other actors are just too small or too wholesome to be Steelheart, like Henry Cavill or Chris Hemsworth. Triple H exudes fear. I also think he's the right age, as David said he could see grey hairs on Steelheart. Here are my other actors for the movie:
1. Prof - Liam Neeson. He is perfect for the role
2. David - Dylan O'Brien or Nick Robinson. I doubt they'd get Dylan though cause he's already in a Brandon Sanderson movie.
3. Megan - Probably because of the name, I can only see Megan Fox as Megan somehow. 
4. Tia - Jada Pinkett
5. Abraham - Josh Duhamel, I read he is French Canadian, and I'd love to see him here.

6. Cody - matthew mcconaughey

7. Night Wielder - Psy

I doubt these people will be in one movie. But they're my dream casting for the book.

2. David - Dylan O'Brien or Nick Robinson. I doubt they'd get Dylan though cause he's already in a Brandon Sanderson movie.

Whoa there tiger. Rewind back to this part. Since when do we have a definite casting for a Brandon Sanderson movie? I was under the impression any Sanderson-inspired film adaptation would still be too firmly in the early planning stages to have any definite names attached.

• 1 month later...

Who I kinda seen in my head while reading.

Prof - Jean Reno

Megan - Scarlett Johanson but I think Adrianne Palicky would work.

David - Taylor Lautner

David's father - Robert Duvall for some reason.

Tia - Isla Fisher

Steelheart - Joe Manganiello

Abraham - Djimon Hounsou

Cody - Woody Harrelson

Who I kinda seen in my head while reading.

Prof - Jean Reno

Megan - Scarlett Johanson but I think Adrianne Palicky would work.

David - Taylor Lautner

David's father - Robert Duvall for some reason.

Tia - Isla Fisher

Steelheart - Joe Manganiello

Abraham - Djimon Hounsou

Cody - Woody Harrelson

Taylor Lautner is about the last person I'd picture as David. :P 

I think the closest I saw in my head was Nathan Kress: 

Nathan_Kress_2011%2C_3.jpg

I think Scarlett Johanson isn't young enough to pull off Megan. When David first meets her, he says she looks about 16.