Actually, my friend is writing a fanfic that is basically a giant crossover of every story ever told. He made a Beacon team made of an OC called Roy, Korra from the Avatar universe, Lift and another OC named Simon. Together they're team RKLS (reckless).

Technically not a color, but still encompasses the characters pretty well.

30 minutes ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

Actually, my friend is writing a fanfic that is basically a giant crossover of every story ever told. He made a Beacon team made of an OC called Roy, Korra from the Avatar universe, Lift and another OC named Simon. Together they're team RKLS (reckless).

Technically not a color, but still encompasses the characters pretty well.

I mean juniper isn't a colour either. It's a flower. 

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I mean juniper isn't a colour either. It's a flower. 

None of the teams are named after colours. They're named after objects with a distinctive colour which has since been used to name a shade of a colour. Juniper is green, ruby is red, coffee is brown, cardinal is red, I guess sun is yellow, etc.

On 14/10/2016 at 5:43 PM, Spoolofwhool said:

None of the teams are named after colours. They're named after objects with a distinctive colour which has since been used to name a shade of a colour. Juniper is green, ruby is red, coffee is brown, cardinal is red, I guess sun is yellow, etc.

Actually the creator went on record saying that all names (personal and team titles) in Remnant have to be either:

A) A color.

B Means some color in another language.

C) Sounds like a color.

Or D) Makes you think of a color.

55 minutes ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

Actually the creator went on record saying that all names (personal and team titles) in Remnant have to be either:

A) A color.

C) Sounds like a color.

So we can have a team or weapon named Spleen because it sounds like green? :D 

1 hour ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

A) A color.

C) Sounds like a color.

So what colour are Glynda Goodwitch and Ozpin?

36 minutes ago, Delightful said:

So we can have a team or weapon named Spleen because it sounds like green? :D 

I think it means a word that sounds like a color, but isn't a word by itself. I.e. Brawnz Ni, the leader of team BRNZ from Vacuo.

20 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

This is from the RWBY wiki:

"Glynda's name is redundant with her surname, Goodwitch. "Glynda" is based from the name "Glenda", the name is originally coined in Welsh's glân (“holy, fair”) and da (“good”).

The concepts derived from Glynda's name, namely "holy" and "good" are often associated with the color white."

I agree, it's a bit of a stretch, but it works.

As for Ozpin, the creator specifically mentioned that Ozpin was an exception to the rule for "reasons" (his exact wording). This alludes to the fact that Ozpin was born before this became a custom after the Great War. Maybe even the wizard....

1 hour ago, Spoolofwhool said:

As TV Tropes points out, Ozpin is named for the wizard of Oz, rather than a color.

...but then, that connects him to rainbows and emeralds, so...still has color connections?

6 hours ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

I think it means a word that sounds like a color, but isn't a word by itself. I.e. Brawnz Ni, the leader of team BRNZ from Vacuo.

This is from the RWBY wiki:

"Glynda's name is redundant with her surname, Goodwitch. "Glynda" is based from the name "Glenda", the name is originally coined in Welsh's glân (“holy, fair”) and da (“good”).

The concepts derived from Glynda's name, namely "holy" and "good" are often associated with the color white."

You ruin all the fun! All hail team SPLN!

....but Glinda isn't primarily white. She's black and purple.....and white. 

Well, World of Remnant: Vale is out today, narrated by our favorite alcoholic, Qrow. 

I thought it was well done, though I think as voice-preferences go, I like Jen Taylor's voice or Ozpin's voice more than Qrow despite liking the character of Qrow a lot. Really nice bit of trivia though, which was cool, and helped indicate where some other mentioned places are in relation to Vale, which is nice. 

Any other thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

Not made just yet, but give it a few days.

And the pitch? It's Team RWBY as color coded ballerinas. Man, I can't wait until the artist I've paid is finished with it. Adorable, right?

That sounds... AMAZING!!! Colour-coded ballerinas!!! Communicating in sloth as they dance so the audience isn't aware! (Nora, I don't think sloths are very loud) That's why it's PERFECT!

7 hours ago, Spoolofwhool said:

That sounds... AMAZING!!! Colour-coded ballerinas!!! Communicating in sloth as they dance so the audience isn't aware! (Nora, I don't think sloths are very loud) That's why it's PERFECT!

Right? Ruby's uniform is red with black highlights, Weiss is white with silvery highlights, Blake is black with light grey highlights, and Weiss is all gold, baby.

I requested the artist to make the outfits as cute and girly as possible. 

Spoiler

Exposition at the start was nice. Exposition and character advancement at the end was nice. Fight scene was still eh. I was hoping they would've improved since V3. They have, but still not up to Monty level, so I'm still on the shoulder on them. New costume designs are nice. Opening is eh. V1 is still my favorite, but I liked V3's better, though I never liked each opening the first time so maybe I'll mellow to it.

Maya is a lot nicer than Poser I find for the animation..

V4 E1 spoiler and impressions. 

Edited by Spoolofwhool